The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 4, 2024 at 3:25 AM Post #88,291 of 89,502
May 4, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #88,292 of 89,502
Hmm so maybe the tsu v2 is now a contender for the amp I want 🤔😛

May 4, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #88,293 of 89,502
May 4, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #88,294 of 89,502
May the Fourth be with you!

IMG_0952.jpeg

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #88,295 of 89,502
Thank you sir.
In the above link it says; “The three main changes are "6dB reduction in gain," "volume curve change," and "change to laser engraving.”
However with my novice technical knowledge, I’m still puzzled what actually that changes will do to its sound. 🤔
change_vol_fw2_f0ccb8dd-a670-4342-85e3-fada198b2964.png

According to the above graphic the low volume range has been expanded (more than doubled) on v2...
Nice move in my book.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #88,297 of 89,502
change_vol_fw2_f0ccb8dd-a670-4342-85e3-fada198b2964.png

According to the above graphic the low volume range has been expanded (more than doubled) on v2...
Nice move in my book.
Thanks Jeff the graphic helps a lot.
So there will be greater control in the low volume range if I’m not misunderstood.

May 4, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #88,298 of 89,502
I have ordered the upgrade on Brise's website. I'm waiting for them to contact me regarding the procedure now.
Is the tsu, good with headphones like the meze elite or not powerful enough?

May 4, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #88,300 of 89,502
At last, Project #2 is upon us.

And it marks a few numbers I ought to be proud of since they are marking new chapters for me - 800th post, 6500+ likes, and 365 days on Head-fi. Surreal yet so fulfilling.

Project #2 was delayed for a couple of reasons, mainly I felt it was better not to rush and be unhappy with the result. It truly tests me, since it showcases basically whole of my chest voice vocal range as well as putting me in front of the camera in a more direct way which forces me out of my comfort zone. Huge thanks to all four other participants, two of which you will see participate in this video too.

Enormously thankful to anyone who supports me here on Head-fi, on Youtube, and in real life! I could not have done it without you.

Song is called Samo edini (The Only One) by the most famous slovenian rock band, Siddharta. I welcome you to read the English translation of the lyrics below.

I know I'm not the first who cannot
Step on the wild top of the world
And I won't be the last
To see you in my dreams

How many breathed air before me
And to how many
the most beautiful child is born
How many more are still to come into this lineage

But I'm the only one
Who carries our blood
I'm the only one
Who soothes your cry

I'm the only one
Who does not exist
Does not exist without your world

I know I'm not the first who cannot sleep
From all punches and worries
And I won't be the last
Once not to wake up

To others I showed my smile
Others saw tears on the ground
Others gnawed the skin off me
Again and again

But I'm the only one
That licks blood from your wound
I am the only one to calm your cries

And solely the only one
Who does not exist
Does not exist without your world

And there is more and more hope in this world
I heard you wanted to live with me
And with that, give this single life for me

That's why today it's me
who inhales the air
Today the most beautiful child is mine
And today I fall asleep because tomorrow
I wake up with you

May 4, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #88,301 of 89,502
At last, Project #2 is upon us.

And it marks a few numbers I ought to be proud of since they are marking new chapters for me - 800th post, 6500+ likes, and 365 days on Head-fi. Surreal yet so fulfilling.
After hearing the song, then repeating it it with visuals, I take it you're 100% ready to join the Watercooler Project World Tour!

With you on vocals, who else on this thread is a singer or playing an instrument? Please do chime in, tell us what you do, and especially why. And as a rule we can never have enough singers, drummers, whatever.

drftr

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #88,302 of 89,502
After hearing the song, then repeating it it with visuals, I take it you're 100% ready to join the Watercooler Project World Tour!

With you on vocals, who else on this thread is a singer or playing an instrument? Please do chime in, tell is what you do, and especially why. And as a rule we can never have enough singers, drummers, whatever.

drftr
I’ll get the Mayo.

May 4, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #88,304 of 89,502

With you on vocals, who else on this thread is a singer or playing an instrument? Please do chime in, tell us what you do, and especially why. And as a rule we can never have enough singers, drummers, whatever.

drftr
Drummer here.

Great work @nikbr :) a lot of effort went into this and it shows!

May 4, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #88,305 of 89,502
TOTL_01.jpg

Brief A/B comparisons tonight:

Aroma Audio Jewel is the warmer IEM. Between its subdued treble and greater mid-bass, it is south of neutral, possessing a lushness in the midrange.

Empire Ears Odin is closer to true neutral, in spite of some funny business here and there. I know this, because back-to-back with Jewel, Odin is more transparent, rendering acoustic instruments closer to how they sound when played right before you in real life. Jewel adds a lush veil, which is rather pleasing, but less transparent as a result.

Jewel still manages to be the more natural sounding. I know, that seems like a contradiction. But Odin’s funny business, mentioned above, shows itself with drums and brighter electronic sounds. The upper vocal range is exaggerated a little, as well. These things create an unnatural, hyper-realism. Which is also rather pleasing in most situations.

I guess you could say they both do things which are unnatural in their own right. And both are qualities which strengthen the intended tuning of the respective IEM.

Listening to the track Grass Top, an instrumental piece on the album SCRIBBLED FOLK SYMPHONIES by Amber Rubarth, Odin was clearer, more transparent, genuinely putting you in the room where this binaural record was captured. Jewel is a little hazy, a little veiled, but I was more emotionally gripped when that cello does its climactic bit. I was still moved by Odin’s portrayal, but I was moved more by Jewel.

However! Not only was Odin more transparent, but it definitely, DEFINITELY rendered more detail, with cleaner separation, blacker background, and higher resolution instruments.

Man, there’s so much more to explore and talk about, but that will have to do it for tonight.

Have a great weekend, folks!
Nice to hear a comparison of them side by side and interesting to hear than Odin is more transparent and has better detail retrieval! With everything I’ve read I had it in mind that Jewel edges Odin out in both of those regards. If you’d like to make Odin more natural I would recommend a good copper or gold / copper cable…. Currently loving it with Eletech Raphael, preferring it over Chiron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back