The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #80,191 of 89,745
@theintention not bad at all
20240130_094102.jpg

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #80,194 of 89,745
I need to give it another spin, really enjoyed it though! A bit more stripped back than current Radiohead stuff.

Unrelated but I got to work today and I noticed outside my window there was a friggin chik fila hot air balloon taking off.

IMG_6510.jpeg

AMERICA 🇺🇸

Jan 30, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #80,196 of 89,745
I enjoy the Monarch MK2 with Cadmus 8 Wire and Mext with Eros S 8 Wire.

I do feel like buying the Acoustune HS 2000 MK 2 or 3. Such a gorgeous looking IEM.

I am still enjoying Quattro, 634 Ears Prototype 3 and Nightjar Singularity for DD and am hopeful that I can own the Acoustune sometime this year.

Your collection is well thought out as Monarch MK2 is a perfect IEM for endless hours

😂😂😂😂😂
The hs 2000 mk2 sound good perhaps even better than my mmkii with Cleo but I only tried for 5 mins. The same friend bought it recently. My initial impression is it's a more natural sounding version of U12T based on my limited experience with IEMs. Message him he would be able to describe and compare better though check if he did a review already

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #80,197 of 89,745
Some music recommendations.
These are all reflective and three different genres.
A couple of these recommended to me by a new friend.

IMG_3391.jpeg

My friend likes the first track a lot,
the third track set my jaw on the floor.

IMG_3394.jpeg

The mood here is so introspective,
amazing what can come just from the human voices.

IMG_3395.jpeg

The Roon algorithm lead me to this after the prior, though it is electronic, and has crazy sub bass,
the mood is similar.

CJNY weekend is only 39 days away and the excitement is palpable, can’t wait!!!😍

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #80,198 of 89,745
In a surprising move, I’ve actually decided to part with my LPGT Ti if anyone in Europe interested - HERE

I’m planning to focus on upgrading my 2-channel setup and that overall listening room for the moment!

Jan 30, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #80,200 of 89,745
Some music recommendations for you guys.
These are all reflective and three different genres.
A couple of these recommended to me by a new friend.

IMG_3391.jpeg
My friend likes the first track a lot,
the third track set my jaw on the floor.
3rd is Chaconne, right? And move over a bit please; need space for my jaw

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #80,202 of 89,745
The hs 2000 mk2 sound good perhaps even better than my mmkii with Cleo but I only tried for 5 mins. The same friend bought it recently. My initial impression is it's a more natural sounding version of U12T based on my limited experience with IEMs. Message him he would be able to describe and compare better though check if he did a review already
That sounds like a very good sound signature to me.

Who do I message though?

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #80,204 of 89,745
I am sorry for your situation. If that Crystal Ball has misaligned, they will need to fix it. I wish you a speedy recovery as Vertigo sucks big time.

In India l, ear cleaning can be done on the streets for $1 - $2 and these guys are good. I have tried it when I was child. They sit on the street with a small wooden box and take the wax out with a long and tiny spoon like thing in a few minutes and you are good to go.

Maybe visit India sometime for a ear and dental job on the street .....🫢
One of my creepiest experiences travelling was in a park in Chengdu, China, where I was simply walking and suddenly had one of those iron tools stuck into my ear while walking! It's nigh on impossible to get me angry, but boy, I considered this close to rape.

(video not for squeamish)

I've no doubt they may be experienced but I wouldn't let them near my eardrums.

Is that how their skin gets so brown?

drftr

Jan 30, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #80,205 of 89,745
One of my creepiest experiences travelling was in a park in Chengdu, China, where I was simply walking and suddenly had one of those iron tools stuck into my ear while walking! It's nigh on impossible to get me angry, but boy, I considered this close to rape.

Is that how their skin gets so brown?

drftr
You will find these guys roaming around asking to clean your ear at bus stations in India. Don’t know how and why some agree to get poked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back