The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #78,481 of 91,358
I wanted to asked members, and I'm not sure if this was done before, on what are their perfect synergy combo.
Symphonium Crimson + RS6 have fantastic synergy.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:35 PM Post #78,483 of 91,358
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #78,485 of 91,358
Since there’s a plethora of reviews/impressions regarding Trifecta, I’ll share what I would call my observations or revelations as I get to know them over time.

Since @Rockwell75 shared the profound statement regarding Slash being a supremely emotive guitar virtuoso, one thing that then came to mind was a recent review of the Atrium by GoldenSound where he compared it to Susvara. Atrium has received the majority of his listening time in the past few months over the technically more adept Susvara because of Atrium’s textured and romanticized delivery of vocals and instruments. He makes a cogent and compelling case for the more emotionally engaging Atrium while acknowledging there’s a place for Susvara’s prowess in technicalities and detail retrieval. That rational can be applicable to Trifecta versus other IEMs with more technical acumen. Found it an interesting and thought provoking video. Of course the confirmation bias as an Atrium owner I’m sure played a small role in my enjoyment of the video.

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #78,486 of 91,358
Since there’s a plethora of reviews/impressions regarding Trifecta, I’ll share what I would call my observations or revelations as I get to know them over time.

Since @Rockwell75 shared the profound statement regarding Slash being a supremely emotive guitar virtuoso, one thing that then came to mind was a recent review of the Atrium by GoldenSound where he compared it to Susvara. Atrium has received the majority of his listening time in the past few months over the technically more adept Susvara because of Atrium’s textured and romanticized delivery of vocals and instruments. He makes a cogent and compelling case for the more emotionally engaging Atrium while acknowledging there’s a place for Susvara’s prowess in technicalities and detail retrieval. That rational can be applicable to Trifecta versus other IEMs with more technical acumen. Found it an interesting and thought provoking video. Of course the confirmation bias as an Atrium owner I’m sure played a small role in my enjoyment of the video.

Atriums are awesome! I had a great audition courtesy of @Basstutum of his Atrium with the Homage! The pairing of Atrium and Homage is awesome!

I have the same sentiments with its sound as the Campfire Andromeda OG. I love that my music has that engaging texture to notes!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #78,487 of 91,358
I wanted to asked members, and I'm not sure if this was done before, on what are their perfect synergy combo.

Some of my personal favourites I’ve heard:

A&K SP2K Cu + 64 Audio Tia Fourte Noir
A&K SP3K SS + UM Multiverse Mentor
Cayin N6ii Ti + 64 Audio U12t
Cayin N8ii + Oriolus Traillii
Cayin N30LE AP + UM Amber Pearl
Chord Hugo 2 + Empire Ears Legend X
iBasso DX220 Max + Vision Ears Erlkonig
iBasso DX300 Max Ti + Fir XE6
iBasso DX320 Max + Noble Viking Ragnar
iBasso DX320 Max + Subtonic Storm
L&P LP6 Ti 7AE + UM MEST Indigo
Shanling M9 (OG) + Vision Ears EXT
Shanling M9+ + FatFreq Grand Maestro
Shanling M9+ + Mass Kobo 475 + Fir XE6
Sony DMP-Z1 + Elysian Annihilator 21/23
Sony DMP-Z1 + Elysian X
Sony DMP-Z1 + Sony IER-Z1R
Sony WM1ZM2 + Aroma Fei Wan
Sony WM1ZM2 + Aroma Jewel

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 11:46 PM Post #78,488 of 91,358
Atriums are awesome! I had a great audition courtesy of @Basstutum of his Atrium with the Homage! The pairing of Atrium and Homage is awesome!

I have the same sentiments with its sound as the Campfire Andromeda OG. I love that my music has that engaging texture to notes!
Atriums are a wonderful set of headphones.

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #78,489 of 91,358
Atriums are a wonderful set of headphones.

I know! I'll own one when funds starts to flow for sure. They do nothing wrong to the sound that they let me get lost to music :)

Jan 14, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #78,490 of 91,358
I know! I'll own one when funds starts to flow for sure. They do nothing wrong to the sound that they let me get lost to music :)
Atrium Open is best of ZMF and is one of the best DD around. Addictive sound signature

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #78,492 of 91,358
I forgot to add, I need the Bakoon HPA-21 for the Atriums as well. This pairing is probably one of the best I've heard too for the Atriums

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #78,493 of 91,358
I've been thinking of some of my other favorite synergistic pairings over the years. Here are a few, no particular order:

1) VE Elysium + Shanling M8
2) Oriolus Traillii + Shanling M8
3) Sony IER Z1R + Shanling M8
4) Dunu Zen Pro + AK SR25ii
5) VE EXT + Shanling M9
6) CFA Solaris OG + Questyle QP2R
7) CFA Bonneville/Cascara + AK SR35
8) Elysian Annihilator + L&P LP6
9) Elysian Annihilator + HIBY RS8

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #78,494 of 91,358

That’s basically the whole reason I’m leaning towards the VE X over the more technical Fei Wan, even though the X is no slouch itself.

Jan 15, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #78,495 of 91,358
You guys ever buy these at the airport? (or wherever) I really have to credit these for helping to expand my musical horizons.

R.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back