The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 11, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #77,926 of 88,251
😣

Please give us some advance notice if you plan to visit our Europe meet-up!

drftr
OMG, you have to try this. The sound stage just unfurled.
Clothes removal sound enhancement ftw.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #77,928 of 88,251
The last frontier of personal audiophile improvement.

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #77,931 of 88,251
Have to ask Bobby where he gets those bed linens too. I'm pretty sure those help

Jan 11, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #77,933 of 88,251
Damn I see now that I missed post # 77,777 by just one post, and you are the lucky one, but you probably didn’t even notice! 😄
True. Wow. 2024 will be super great 🍀🍀🍀

…and don‘t worry, you‘ll get your next chance with post# 777,777!! 🤩🥳

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #77,935 of 88,251
Has anyone visited High End Münich by any chance? If so, are IEM brands well represented?

Tnx...

drftr

I was there last May. I wouldn’t call it well represented, to be honest. I was able to try out Trifecta, Aura and others. But none like Storm, Elysian IEMs etc., for example. But after I got there I learned that there were some rooms with more IEMs like all the FIRs and many others. So for this year I will try to get sorted were to find these before I go. And the IEMs are not represented by the manufacturer there but from other companies like resellers and the like.

Headphones were very well represented. I was able to try SR-X9000, Susvara, the Raals, Utopia, Mezes and many many others.

I went once but that was in 2015 and IEMs were not very present. Not even headphones, really. It was all about vintage Lenco turntables and Thomas Mayer amps for me at the time so perhaps I missed some rooms...

Still mostly speakers and equipment for speakers. But like I mentioned above, It’s getting better and better. I think they slowly but steady evolve also into the mobile world.

As with all shows in the west IEMs have had a greater presence in the past few years as the market expands in this part of the world. I noticed a huge increase in portable stuff even between CanJam SoCal 2022 and 2023. I think the same is true of High End Munich as well, though obviously not to the same degree as CanJam. FWIW the Campfire Trifecta made its world debut at High End Munich in the spring of 2022.

Yes, unfortunately High End Munich was definitely not on CanJam level. But I hope it will closer now year by year!

Trying to find out with my partner-in-crime @Scuba Devils whether it's wise to let our JamCan coincide with for instance this show or that it's not really worth waiting for 4 months and potentially ending up empty handed. So far there's no list of contributing companies.

As a group and perhaps the help of some local dealers we may have a more interesting set list than any distributor at the show :)

drftr
Unlikely. I think the visits of many guys from headphones.com, crinacle, Z-Reviews and others will also have an impact. Plus we could do a mini-CanJam there and bring our own stuff!

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:25 PM Post #77,936 of 88,251
It’s been fun reading everyone’s excitement over discoveries they have made the last month or so.

Let me start to say i have never owned Jewel. For whatever reason i was open to making it my next purchase but then I lost time enjoying Rn6 and Trifecta.

I then went through my DAP exploration with the LP6 and then the Cayin N30 LE which I adore for its ability to do many things with the shape of sound.

So my question is if making a next purchase where would you rank the following:

Canpur 622b….the hype seems real and folks are really excited about the results they are hearing. I’m currently spending too much time with Anni 2023 and am I missing something I would regret?

Sony WM1Z….i gotta admit Rockwell has me going on this. This DAP seems resurrected in the thread with so many of you espousing its greatness and I just ask myself why I don’t have this for my collection as I love Trifecta. Is it good for Anni ?

Fei Wan….if I have missed Jewel would you just buy Jewel or see FW as a modern version with the question of bass being answered? I get a lot of folks have said it’s colored but that also tends to have a place in my collection.

I truly appreciate any feedback. These are the three I seem to be going back to day after day pondering….

Thanks for your help and best to everyone.

Tom

In the order you list them:

1) Canpur 622B - this one is arguably the safest bet and promises to be the most things to the most people in the final analysis. Really good at most things but not really the best at any one thing imho. Possibly the best rec right now as a one and done for someone not fixated on DD bass, but also possibly the hardest to fit in to a larger collection without being redundant.

2) Sony WM1Z - imho this is one of the bonafide must have experiences in this hobby. Secret sauce, class and refinement out the wazoo and a no-brainer with Trifecta imho. Given its ability to tighten bass I would think a magical pairing with Ani also.

3) Fei Wan - probably the diciest proposition given how hit/miss it can be for some due to its top end. But if it hits for you, as with Trifecta, one of the most singularly epic, unique and satisfying IEMs in the game right now. Synergy with the 1Z is superb.

Just my $.02.

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #77,937 of 88,251
Hello Cooler Friends :)

Wanted to share some exciting news that has been a dream of mine for quite some time now and it’s finally coming to fruition.

FiR 🌲 Audio XE6 CIEM incoming!!!
Here is my design I chose for myself. Super super excited!!

IMG_9465.jpeg

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #77,939 of 88,251

Wanted to share some exciting news that has been a dream of mine for quite some time now and it’s finally coming to fruition.

🔥🔥🔥🔥

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #77,940 of 88,251

IMG_9465.jpeg
Uhhh. They look so cool and at the same to so damn hot. Nice. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back