The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #77,401 of 88,379
I tend to have the opposite issue with many IEMs-- my two biggest deal breakers (apart from bass quality) are not enough meat in the mid bass and too much energy in the upper mids.
This is literally my sound profile. No wonder I have come to share your love for CFA...
Does anyone, by chance have RS8, Anni and Raven?

There is a setting on RS8. Plug-ins --> Mastermind -> A4499. It considerably extends treble and enlarges soundstage to the sides. Might be too much for Anni but fits Raven nicely. I haven't heard Anni and I'm guessing with Raven this is what Anni's treble sounds like. Anyone can try this and share impressions?
I love the Mastermind plug-in. The A4499 does as you say, to my ears. My favorite is the PC1704. Wow. Another way in which you can fine-tune the RS8 to your liking. I do not have Raven, although I was about to order one when the shenanigans went down. Now waiting on V2 impressions.
Ooh always wanted to try Noble though from what I've read their house sound seems to lean toward the technical side of things.
Not the Ronin. Well yes, the Ronin. But extremely emotive mids along with the technicals. Utterly captivating. Tech in service of emotion.

Jan 8, 2024 at 9:52 AM Post #77,403 of 88,379
Ooh always wanted to try Noble though from what I've read their house sound seems to lean toward the technical side of things.

Looking forward to your impressions.
It's been said frequently, but add the Eletech Raphael to get a little extra "oomph" in your mids.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:09 AM Post #77,404 of 88,379

Looking forward to your impressions.

There is also Spartacus. Here's a quote by the designer himself: From the get go, we knew this was going to be outside of the typical Noble house sound. I wanted to show, Noble was "bass capable" & I think we found a nice balance.

I haven't heard any other Noble IEMs, although I'm thinking of going for the XM1.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #77,405 of 88,379
Just received the PMG APX demo unit. For some reason I can't upload some photos so this is good enough as Kiats already handled the unboxing. The IEM is gorgeous with the amber faceplate and sort of black/gold ish shell, quite the looker. Fit is fantastic, it goes deep but doesn't feel obtrusive nor does it come into contact with my ear so I find it quite comfortable and with high isolation.

I spent about an hour listening so far as they delivered quite late and it’s about time for bed. Initial impressions are that these are quite bright (bright leaning U shape perhaps?) to my ears and for my library, some of my test tracks come off too energetic up top for my personal tastes. Techs are top tier.. this set has fantastic resolution, transparency, and a very wide/open sound stage.

Off to bed. 🛌

IMG_8090.JPGIMG_8092.JPGIMG_8093.JPG
I am auditioning the APX in Singapore courtesy of Jaben and find it wonderfully musical. In fact, I'm selling some of my universal IEM collection to fund this purchase.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #77,406 of 88,379
I tend to have the opposite issue with many IEMs-- my two biggest deal breakers (apart from bass quality) are not enough meat in the mid bass and too much energy in the upper mids.

This is literally my sound profile. No wonder I have come to share your love for CFA...

Feeling good about eyeing the Cascara right about now, also my preferred signature.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #77,407 of 88,379
Feeling good about eyeing the Cascara right about now, also my preferred signature.

Do it-- the Cascara rocks. Easily one of the top bass tlted single DDs out there at the moment at any price, and for $499 it's a steal. The midrange is wonderful and clear also.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #77,408 of 88,379
I am auditioning the APX in Singapore courtesy of Jaben and find it wonderfully musical. In fact, I'm selling some of my universal IEM collection to fund this purchase.

Nice! I am glad you liked them. I did too but they’re just a tad too bright for my overall tastes and library.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #77,409 of 88,379
Do it-- the Cascara rocks. Easily one of the top bass tlted single DDs out there at the moment at any price, and for $499 it's a steal. The midrange is wonderful and clear also.
I have a message out to them seeing if they could include a green cable with the black model, gonna pull the trigger this week either way tho. I’ve been looking for that color way in IEMs for ages.

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #77,410 of 88,379
I have a message out to them seeing if they could include a green cable with the black model, gonna pull the trigger this week either way tho. I’ve been looking for that color way in IEMs for ages.

I can't imagine that would be a problem. It's nice that they're presently giving the option for two accessories packages, including being able to select a single cable termination of your choosing. This is great for folks like me who value minimal packaging and don't need a lot of bells and whistles with their IEMs.

On a different note given their obvious capacity for 3-D printing I hope they get to the point where folks can choose the exact color for their universal IEMs that use that shell type.

Edit:

In other news absolutely loving this combo this morning. It's interesting reading some of the varied impressions of this IEM-- for me it is damn near a perfect all rounder. I can listen to it all day with all of my music and it never hits a false note. YMMV Etc.

6BB047F0-F549-4084-8820-03C6F30C39DD.JPEG

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #77,411 of 88,379
I can't imagine that would be a problem. It's nice that they're presently giving the option for two accessories packages, including being able to select a single cable termination of your choosing. This is great for folks like me who value minimal packaging and don't need a lot of bells and whistles with their IEMs.

On a different note given their obvious capacity for 3-D printing I hope they get to the point where folks can choose the exact color for their universal IEMs that use that shell type.
Their accessories option is really nice and robust. 100% agree on the shell color, I would have bought a green Cascara without even thinking about it probably haha. Maybe it’s good they don’t offer it that way…

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #77,412 of 88,379
Their accessories option is really nice and robust. 100% agree on the shell color, I would have bought a green Cascara without even thinking about it probably haha. Maybe it’s good they don’t offer it that way…

Beyond even that though I wonder how easy it would be for them to let folks choose their own shade of whatever color. I and I know others would be all over this shade of purple, for example:

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-17 at 21.29.02.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #77,413 of 88,379

Edit:

In other news absolutely loving this combo this morning. It's interesting reading some of the varied impressions of this IEM-- for me it is damn near a perfect all rounder. I can listen to it all day with all of my music and it never hits a false note. YMMV Etc.

6BB047F0-F549-4084-8820-03C6F30C39DD.JPEG
Is that the Eros S 1st Ann?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back