The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 26, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #75,511 of 88,549
Actually, Jeff already cashed in, but he spent on all the tours he organized for all of us coolers.

I remember when he started setting up tours, I knew he'd be great! Next thing we’ll start reading about the Jeff version of all the hot new IEMs, Crinkle’s got nothing on our guy!

Dec 26, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #75,512 of 88,549
Survey: Share one of your resolutions for 2023 (hobby related or not or both).

to own 2 sets of IEMs and DAPs only, discover more songs that I'd love, and more importantly improve my work-life balance.

Hi guys,

I just want to report back that few months ago I managed to keep my resolutions for 2023, just not for long :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Here I am now, with no DAP and no IEMs.
I'm taking a break from the hobby. Hoping to return soon and rebuild my set-up from scratch.
I still have my Orpheus Shielding, currently listed in classifieds, for those who interested.

Orpheus Shielding

First time selling here. So please excuse me for the shameless plug.

Thank you, guys.
Happy holidays!

Dec 26, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #75,514 of 88,549
Anyone wanting a high-performance pure silver cable that doesn't cost as much as a TOTL IEM would do well to check out Lavricables' Grand IEM.
My review of the Sennheiser IE900 version of this fabulous cable is now online here.

GrandIEM_04.jpg

Dec 26, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #75,515 of 88,549
Cheap high performance. 2X 6 mmTitanium dome dynamic drivers and 1X 8mm Beryllium plated dynamic driver.

Artti R7 $80 @ Amazon US

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #75,516 of 88,549
Probably not an easy task to have a Christian church running in a Muslin country.
You’d think so, but we’ve thankfully been blessed with smooth sailings so far. Take the permit for our building, for example. Because it’s notoriously difficult to get a permit to build houses of worship in Jakarta, most churches apply for a general-use permit instead, which also allows them to use the building for other streams of revenue (i.e. rent it out, etc.) We decided to officially apply for a church permit, which, again, is infamously tough and would restrict us from using the building for any other purpose. But, we did it to commit the building wholly to God, and not open ourselves up to anything that might dilute that. Lo and behold, it got approved without issue in under 2 months, which is unprecedented. So, as difficult as anything is - and we’ve had our challenges, of course - in the end, it’ll always work out if the Lord’s on your side. :)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #75,517 of 88,549
sure m8 sounds better then 1am2 (and closer to 1zm2 in many regards)
for a fraction of their price or so , in classifieds
And a fraction of battery life. Battery life is very important to me for these DAPs. I owned and sold M8 due to battery life. Not sure about M9 though.

Dec 26, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #75,518 of 88,549
And a fraction of battery life. Battery life is very important to me for these DAPs. I owned and sold M8 due to battery life. Not sure about M9 though.
M9 battery life is excellent. Currently traveling with it and listening to Traillii. Very good indeed.

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #75,520 of 88,549
Yet another reason I'd like to order through them if possible. Would like to avoid the headache of international warranty (and this is coming from a guy that owns a Seiko watch from Japan solely because it was an exclusive collaboration). I shot them an email, hoping they write me back. Will CFA do any sort of warranty transfer if I buy a secondhand trifecta set elsewhere?
That’s how I bought mine, directly from CFA.

Chris of CFA is very responsive. He got back to me within 24 hours regarding my enquiries.

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:12 PM Post #75,521 of 88,549
Yet another reason I'd like to order through them if possible. Would like to avoid the headache of international warranty (and this is coming from a guy that owns a Seiko watch from Japan solely because it was an exclusive collaboration). I shot them an email, hoping they write me back. Will CFA do any sort of warranty transfer if I buy a secondhand trifecta set elsewhere?
Talking about timing, if you acted earlier, you could buy from @jwilliamhurst for only $2,000.

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #75,522 of 88,549
That’s how I bought mine, directly from CFA.

Chris of CFA is very responsive. He got back to me within 24 hours regarding my enquiries.
Chris was awesome when I dealt with him regarding a cable defect and some shipping issues. Couldn’t have been more accommodating if he tried.

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #75,523 of 88,549
Shameless plug because clearing out some gear realizing I don't need 6 TOTLs laying around and excess cables that don't mesh with my preferences.
Selling my 2 week old Loki Int. and Code23 (links in names and sig)🫣

In other news, what's everyone's current most awaited piece of gear, either incoming or potential future purchase? I'm waiting on my Sound Tiger Sinfonia to finally arrive, shipped out on Christmas day :laughing:

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #75,524 of 88,549
Well, I've had a morning here. Stuck in the ER because my dad collapsed in the kitchen this morning (in front of my two-year-old, no less). Spending the latest medical crisis like I have most, which is to say listening to heart rate monitors while shopping for music gear. Still eyeing the Trifecta hard. I was deadset on the golden sunset colorway but apprehensive about importing an American-made set of IEMs from China back to the US just to deal with an international warranty. CFA at the time I asked didn't sell that color directly, but a classifieds listing here seemed to indicate that maybe it's possible to order that color directly? I sent them an email, we'll see. Between a layoff and a short-term job contract, my budget's firmly relegated to a secondhand pair at this point, but hoping I get lucky.
Hope things go well with Dad.

Dec 26, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #75,525 of 88,549
Wish I had time to sit down and read, non stop beginning to end, some of the epic classics...... War and Peace, Shogun, Atlas Shrugged, one week of Watercooler posts.......
:wink: :beerchug:
4 of my favorite reads! I've read all the novels multiple times, but I doubt I could re-read the entire Watercooler thread again. :head_bandage:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back