The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 24, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #68,146 of 88,259
Looking forward to your review of Singularity, especially if it can replace the Turii Ti as your GOAT single DD IEM.
Scuba's ex Singularity is part of my collection now.. 😊 with one other owner in between. I still have Turii Ti as well, and while they're both single DD they couldn't be more different tuning wise, with the Singularity being bass heavy and the Turii Ti much more reserved in the bass, esp. the sub bass.

1698175783143.png

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #68,148 of 88,259
Scuba's ex Singularity is part of my collection now.. 😊 with one other owner in between. I still have Turii Ti as well, and while they're both single DD they couldn't be more different tuning wise, with the Singularity being bass heavy and the Turii Ti much more reserved in the bass, esp. the sub bass.

1698175783143.png
I see, Singularity is a specialty IEM in that sense while Turii Ti is more of all-rounder.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #68,149 of 88,259
I think you missed my point, it’s called joking!
Although I have no idea how in art black is polychromatic, but you do you!

Pigments vs light. If an artist mixes all their paints together they get black, hence “polychromatic”. Conversely white denotes no color. With rays of light it’s the opposite— no light implies black, all colors together and you have white light.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #68,151 of 88,259
I see, Singularity is a specialty IEM in that sense while Turii Ti is more of all-rounder.
You'd be inclined to conclude that based on the graph, but it depends, e.g. on music preferences. I find the upper mids/lower treble on the Turii Ti fairly forward sounding, relative to the reserved bass quantity, so I don't use them for eg rock and metal, while the Singularity works for most of my library.

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #68,152 of 88,259
Pigments vs light. If an artist mixes all their paints together they get black, hence “polychromatic”. Conversely white denotes no color. With rays of light it’s the opposite— no light implies black, all colors together and you have white light.
Thank you

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #68,153 of 88,259
Oct 24, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #68,154 of 88,259
You'd be inclined to conclude that based on the graph, but it depends, e.g. on music preferences. I find the upper mids/lower treble on the Turii Ti fairly forward sounding, relative to the reserved bass quantity, so I don't use them for eg rock and metal, while the Singularity works for most of my library.
I really regret to only spend 2 hours this past CanJam SoCal with a two-day pass. I was busy but mostly just not in the mood due to what was happening in my life. Now I have to wait for next year to demo those IEMs/Headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #68,155 of 88,259
A bit late to the party on this one but based on my recent visit to London Canjam

My top 3 under $1500 in order
Diva. Loved this with the Bass switch on
CFA Supermoon. Wasn't on my radar before the show but I really enjoyed this one. I didn't realise it was available in Universal
Singularity liked it but not enough to want to buy it!

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #68,156 of 88,259

As per @MatW, I’d go the other way around now - I think either can work as an all rounder, and Turii Ti can still surprise me with the right source (N7 or desktop) but for the most part I choose Turii Ti now for ambient, modern classical, acoustic etc which form a huge part of my library. My brief stint with Singularity would definitely have gone more towards faster electronic music… but IE900 holds the crown still for those genres in terms of a DD.

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #68,157 of 88,259
IMG_2294.jpg

Wow, these things are super soft! :open_mouth: Like surgical glove soft. Like I'm-actually-afraid-of-ripping-them-right-now soft. :smile: On the plus side, it feels like they're conforming to my earginas incredibly well, with very little pressure.

NOTE TO SELF: Remember to ask @Eric Chong about the creep rate for lifespan.

Sonically, these are pretty interesting, in that they seem to increase extension at both ends. There's a deeper sub-bass presence, which is to be expected with a better seal. But I'm also getting better top-end extension for more sparkly airiness, which I did not expect. I could easily see myself standardizing on these for comfort alone, but the sonic benefits are a very nice bonus. Well done Eletech! :fingers_crossed:

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #68,158 of 88,259
Top 3 under $1500 -

1. 64Audio U4S (sum of its parts/ versatility)

2. Nightjar Singularity (mainly for coherency + timbre)

3. MEST OG (W-shape) / DIVA 2021 (Neutral + bass shelf) / Divinity V16 (neutral-warm) at a 3-way even tie

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 24, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #68,159 of 88,259
Got to hear 4 IEMS that made a decent impression on me at an audio show in my city last weekend.
ThieAudio —Monarch MK2 & 3
Sennheiser— IE900 & IE600

To be brief. I feel none of these IEMS surpass or add a strong enough difference to compliment my CFA Atlas. The search definitely continues, however I am so grateful to have tried these IEMS respectfully. 😌

IMG_7118.jpeg
IMG_7119.jpegIMG_7105.jpegIMG_7106.jpeg
It was nice meeting you man!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 24, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #68,160 of 88,259
I completely agree with you. I think the mfg are getting you for a bargain just for your photography. The actual review is a bonus. You would probably be better off if you charged them for your work and paid full price for their products.
Appreciate the sentiment Jim 🙏 Now if I can only figure out how to get gear makers to pay me... 😅
Quite the opposite for me. Bass light would be filed in the 'rarely used' box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back