The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 28, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #63,721 of 89,964
Hand delivered my N7 to a local buyer earlier.

I appreciate the in person audio chats to these trades as well as the added reassurance by skipping the shipping.

On another note: I purchased another RS8 from @wazzupi

According to @wazzupi @SteveK27 @KKNAYANA the firmware filter update is awesome. Hyped to try it! :)
Are you going to pair the RS8 with the amps you have?

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #63,722 of 89,964
Anyone care to name their favorite transparent monitors? I say a monitor is transparent when it disappears and only the music remains, it's an effortless yet high fidelity presentation with supreme clarity and seamless driver cohesion if a hybrid and good balance so nothing jumps out of line. The best example I can think of is Jewel then maybe vision ears EXT. It could be said this is more of a reference sound. Monitors can be TOTL but not transparent, a good example for me would be the Mentor, spectacular but was always "there" so to speak, reminding me it was there. I've realized this is the sound I like most, most of the time with something very different like Fir offerings thrown in for variety and am looking for more TOTL monitors that have this transparent sound. I'm hyped to hear the Annihilator 2023 as I think it could be this way.
Storm by a country mile for me.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #63,723 of 89,964
Bass: Xe6
Mids: CA Fibae 5
Treble: Audeze LCDi4

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #63,724 of 89,964
Can we get some comparisons?

Madoo Typ 512 is incredible for its price of around $600 with some of the best bass in the industry. Incredible mids as well.

IMG_1122.jpeg

I understand 821 is more resolving but would love to hear comparisons to the Helios, Z1R and U12t, if possible.
Since you have heard 512, and its the easiest for me to compare to....821 is the opposite of 512 in that where 512 excels in bass to mid, 821 does the same mid to highs. Especially highs which are very clear, and crisp. But its not just boosted treble, or added air. Cymbal crashes, metal strings sound metallic of course, but other instruments are natural. If upper mids / treble was water, 821 would be much clearer, cleaner and more refreshing. Timbre, speed and lack of sibilance are similar between the two. Resolution is higher than 512 by quite a margin and 821 doesn't have as much fullness in the mid bass / lower mids as 512. So 821 doesn't sound as lush but it definitely sounds more hi-rez. And being single driver, 821 sounds a bit more cohesive. For me, amazing value for whats on offer.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #63,725 of 89,964
Hey @Sajid Amit, several post ago you mentioned an EQ configuration to make your jewel sound like a Susvara…
Can you share this EQ configuration please ?🙏

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:39 AM Post #63,726 of 89,964
Hey @Sajid Amit, several post ago you mentioned an EQ configuration to make your jewel sound like a Susvara…
Can you share this EQ configuration please ?🙏
Hey buddy. I have to disclaim that the said analogy was made using the Jewel with EQ off the Sony WM1ZM2. I used to boost the upper mids and air frequencies. The DAP imparts its own flavor.

I have since sold the Jewel and because the WM1ZM2 has a limited number of EQ presets you can have at any given time, deleted the Jewel EQ preset.

But let me try to figure it out from memory and message you.

Aug 29, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #63,727 of 89,964
Quelqu'un souhaite-t-il nommer ses moniteurs transparents préférés ? Je dis qu'un moniteur est transparent lorsqu'il disparaît et que seule la musique reste, c'est une présentation sans effort mais haute fidélité avec une clarté suprême et une cohésion ....,
without hesitation, the Ragnar 🎷🎺🎷

Aug 29, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #63,728 of 89,964
Are you going to pair the RS8 with the amps you have?

I got the final payment for my Tsuranagi so I'll do some final comparisons vs 475 before I ship it out.

As for RS8, a few of my audio friends tell me the updated firmware makes it the most impressive dap overall they've heard. Looking to test:

1) How it sounds stand alone with the new firmware.

2) How RS8 compares vs (475 + Hiby R6P2). Besides tonal differences, what is the delta between RS8' amp vs 475?

3) Observe the perceivable changes, gains (or losses) with RS8 + 475 vs RS8 by itself.

Aug 29, 2023 at 3:07 AM Post #63,729 of 89,964
I got the final payment for my Tsuranagi so I'll do some final comparisons vs 475 before I ship it out.

As for RS8, a few of my audio friends tell me the updated firmware makes it the most impressive dap overall they've heard. Looking to test:

2) How RS8 compares vs (475 + Hiby R6P2). Besides tonal differences, what is the delta between RS8' amp vs 475?

3) Observe the perceivable changes, gains (or losses) with RS8 + 475 vs RS8 by itself.
You are uniquely placed and qualified to test all these variables. Very much looking forward to it!

Aug 29, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #63,730 of 89,964
Starting my day with Shanling M6U and Final A5000 - moments like this make me wonder why I don’t sell everything else and just enjoy this relatively humble setup!

Listening to ‘The Effective Disconnect’ by Brian McBride (Stars of the Lid) who sadly passed away this week.

IMG_7215.jpeg

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #63,731 of 89,964

Also looking very forward to your impressions on this chain!
If not already planned I would love to know your thoughts on Xe6 with this chain.

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #63,732 of 89,964
Storm by a country mile for me.
I will vote for Storm as well. EXT wouldn't come to my mind for "transparency", though.

On the note of Transparency (not really), but as Elyisian Anni was mentioned... I got another round of the Elysian taste again since these arrived. :)

That well know Lee's treble together with a magic low end. (on RED mode)

IMG_8397.jpeg

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #63,733 of 89,964
Anyone care to name their favorite transparent monitors? I say a monitor is transparent when it disappears and only the music remains, it's an effortless yet high fidelity presentation with supreme clarity and seamless driver cohesion if a hybrid and good balance so nothing jumps out of line. The best example I can think of is Jewel then maybe vision ears EXT. It could be said this is more of a reference sound. Monitors can be TOTL but not transparent, a good example for me would be the Mentor, spectacular but was always "there" so to speak, reminding me it was there. I've realized this is the sound I like most, most of the time with something very different like Fir offerings thrown in for variety and am looking for more TOTL monitors that have this transparent sound. I'm hyped to hear the Annihilator 2023 as I think it could be this way.
According to your definition the way I understand it the Night Oblivion Butastur should fit the bill...

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #63,734 of 89,964
I will vote for Storm as well. EXT wouldn't come to my mind for "transparency", though.

On the note of Transparency (not really), but as Elyisian Anni was mentioned... I got another round of the Elysian taste again since these arrived. :)

That well know Lee's treble together with a magic low end. (on RED mode)

IMG_8397.jpeg
Sick photo mate!

Aug 29, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #63,735 of 89,964

Users who are viewing this thread

Back