The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 30, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #54,166 of 91,366
Guess who's on the front page and deservedly so?

Let this be a hint:

Screenshot_20230330-212946_Firefox.jpg

Yep - it's the sleeping beauty indeed.

drftr

Mar 30, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #54,167 of 91,366
One month in and I can't think of enough good things to day about this player-- it produces what I can only describe as sonic nectar of the gods and delivers it straight to my ears. Never before have I encountered a portable player that has so broadened my conception of the influence a good source can have on the listening experience. Yes I know it has its quirks and can be frustrating (perhaps even deal breaking) for some. But for me and my use case all of that is forgiveable once this player starts doing its thing.

This is another example of "try it for yourself" syndrome. I had avoided looking into LP stuff for years based on what I'd read about the UI-- I didn't even take the chance to Iisten when at CanJam SoCal. Grateful for the encouragement I received from folks like @RTodd, @jwilliamhurst and others (most notably @bigbeans who assured me I HAD to hear the LP6) to give the brand a chance and for Andrew/ @MusicTeck for being the only North American distributor of these products I otherwise might never get to hear. Life (and the music) is great.

IMG_5448.JPG

Guess who's on the front page and deservedly so?

Let this be a hint:

Yep - it's the sleeping beauty indeed.

drftr

Much deserved congrats! Worldwide watercooler fambam. Jim's will be up tomorrow I reckon.

PS - This site is a major PITA to use right now.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #54,168 of 91,366
One month in and I can't think of enough good things to day about this player-- it produces what I can only describe as sonic nectar of the gods and delivers it straight to my ears. Never before have I encountered a portable player that has so broadened my conception of the influence a good source can have on the listening experience. Yes I know it has its quirks and can be frustrating (perhaps even deal breaking) for some. But for me and my use case all of that is forgiveable once this player starts doing its thing.

This is another example of "try it for yourself" syndrome. I had avoided looking into LP stuff for years based on what I'd read about the UI-- I didn't even take the chance to Iisten when at CanJam SoCal. Grateful for the encouragement I received from folks like @RTodd, @jwilliamhurst and others (most notably @bigbeans who assured me I HAD to hear the LP6) to give the brand a chance and for Andrew/ @MusicTeck for being the only North American distributor of these products I otherwise might never get to hear. Life (and the music) is great.

IMG_5448.JPG

Much deserved congrats! Worldwide watercooler fambam. Jim's will be up tomorrow I reckon.

PS - This site is a major PITA to use right now.
What was it like compared to A&K's top of the line DAPs? It look beautiful!

Mar 30, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #54,170 of 91,366
What was it like compared to A&K's top of the line DAPs? It look beautiful!

Sonically they're at opposite ends of a similar technical spectrum. SP3K is incredibly clean, more clinical sound...it kind of has this anti-septic purity and perfection about it. LP6 has a similar level of transparency but the sound is on the whole more analogue. The best way I can describe it is that the whole sonic tapestry just sort of flows together and overtop you like a river. But it has a similar level of transparency. It is the mix of transparency/resolution and analogue sound quality that is the quiddity of LP6 sound imho

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2023 at 4:31 PM Post #54,171 of 91,366
LP6 gold and Ti are such a special player.

Very analog sounding while maintain top level of technicalities. It's quite different analong from a good DS DAP with tube like N8ii or DX324 tho.

It's one of very few players that able to make UM Le Jardin sound their best.

UI aside this family of DAP with UM Le Jardin is sonically bliss. Everything sound so surreal and life like with very good body and still made music feel like an actual music.

Very hard to describe.

Attachments

• 20230330_202209_remastered.jpg
    20230330_202209_remastered.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Mar 30, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #54,174 of 91,366
Mar 30, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #54,176 of 91,366
Sorry for the late reply. Not sure if someone answered yet

Different songs. Hanamizuki is a cover song originally by Hitoto Yo from 2004 Feb. Aragaki, singing here, is an actress. Hirai's song happened to be released in the same year 2004 but Oct. They have basically the same chord progression for the first 8 bars, interesting!
Thanks so much!!
I did not know Hanamizuki was originally made by Hitoto Yo. I am not sure why this song is similar to Hirai’s popular song 😉

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #54,177 of 91,366
Trying out the Brise Murakumo 2 courtesy of Brise and Wilson of Jaben Singapore. :)

70D51C05-EB75-441B-BA45-CBD93C7F783F.jpeg
755CB67D-B73E-4F19-B3A1-96DC0EF1D46E.jpeg

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #54,178 of 91,366
Trying out the Brise Murakumo 2 courtesy of Brise and Wilson of Jaben Singapore. :)

70D51C05-EB75-441B-BA45-CBD93C7F783F.jpeg755CB67D-B73E-4F19-B3A1-96DC0EF1D46E.jpeg

Ohhhh please share what you think. It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen (as well as priced) but if I were to make a stupidly unjustifiable purchase any time soon it would be this.

Mar 30, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #54,179 of 91,366
Today I received the QDC Anole V14 flagship from a well know Chinese audiophile company QDC, what can I say, it’s an improved AuR Aure, the sound is very much to my taste plus shining in the dark with my speed master
DX320X is a great pairing with it.

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpeg
    IMG_5038.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 30, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #54,180 of 91,366
Ohhhh please share what you think. It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen (as well as priced) but if I were to make a stupidly unjustifiable purchase any time soon it would be this.
This cable is even more ridiculous! Apparently, it uses air isolation tech. Totally looks like a snake is hanging on your body when wearing it :sweat_smile:

d810f67adab44aed0-e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back