The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 15, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #32,596 of 88,495
I think that there are nicer option at Vannuys, like this one

1660571656777.png

https://vannuys.co.jp/po_earcase/

Aug 15, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #32,597 of 88,495
Aug 15, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #32,598 of 88,495
Thanks, how well do they protect your IEMs? Does the material fray or scratch? Have you compared them to the CA IEM bags by any chance?
They do the trick but I ended up using the CA meshbags instead, as I find them more practical. I use the thumb thingies to protect smaller stuff, such as the Erlkonig faceplates.
I use the CA bags which are great. Was just thinking of getting something less bulky but still protective. I prefer the CA bags to the Van Nuys version.
Me too.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #32,599 of 88,495
Thanks, how well do they protect your IEMs? Does the material fray or scratch? Have you compared them to the CA IEM bags by any chance?
Mine is fraying a little due to it getting caught sometimes by Velcro in the vannuys case
I think that there are nicer option at Vannuys, like this one

1660571656777.png

https://vannuys.co.jp/po_earcase/
Vannuys takes more effort to store. The one in the picture link is similar to the one that came with Traillii but that is a nightmare to use imo.

CA mesh bags are great but the footprint is a little big, making storage in normal round leather case almost impossible unless perfectly placed if you’re using thicker cables

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #32,601 of 88,495
They do the trick but I ended up using the CA meshbags instead, as I find them more practical.
Thanks, that settles it.
CA mesh bags are great but the footprint is a little big, making storage in normal round leather case almost impossible unless perfectly placed if you’re using thicker cables
I use the new Miter cases to store both IEMs and DAP, so there's plenty of real estate for the CA bags, cables and accessories.

PSX_20220815_161033.jpg

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #32,602 of 88,495
Suffering in Singapore - a book soon to be written by yours truly.

Spent my day comparing my U12t with the U18t, U18s, Elysium, and EXT; after a much needed break (a man needs to breathe every once in a while) followed by the VE8 and the Jewel. Tomorrow and Wednesday I hope to add the Perpetua, Odin, Annihilator, Phönix, Erlkönig, and Traillii.

So far I'm taken by surprise by the U18t. Compared to the U12t I especially appreciate its much more linear sub bass to mids trajectory (and though I had to move from mx on U12t to M15 on U18t and to Final E instead of SpinFit), its riduculous imaging, and airy presentation of mids and highs. Faults (attributed to my brain rather than the IEMs) are that I'm not sure if the bass sounds like, err..., bass, whether I appreciate even more bodied voices, and whether they're too spicy up top. So far I've only listened to acoustic instruments and vocals though.

More later.

drftr

Did you try M20?

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #32,605 of 88,495
Thanks, that settles it.

I use the new Miter cases to store both IEMs and DAP, so there's plenty of real estate for the CA bags, cables and accessories.

PSX_20220815_161033.jpg
I’m using this too but I usually bring 2 iems with pw cables, so CA mesh bag just slightly too big for my use case

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #32,607 of 88,495
Thanks, that settles it.

I use it as a travel case. DAP in a separate case.

BC32D7EB-2F24-40A6-9963-916A368C1863.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #32,608 of 88,495
Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #32,609 of 88,495
They don't 'Take' your phone. You still have it, but it's locked up so you can't bust it out.
It goes in a magnetic pouch that only can be released by staff when you walk out of the venue. Personally it's great when you can enjoy a comedy show, or such without someone's phone going off, and I can see how some artists will get annoyed by seeing someone being a zombie to their phone instead of enjoying the show.
Yes, that’s an appropriate correction to my statement. At the Dylan show they didn’t “take” my phone but locked it in the magnetic bag thing.

I think my larger point is still valid, and why I stated that I do think culturally, there could be tension between fans and artists if this is a trend. Tensions culturally arise when there’s no easy “right or wrong” answer here. I think your points are valid about how both artists and other fans could be frustrated by people taking pics at concerts at phones. You seem to be appreciative of that perspective, based on your comment. I think it’s just as legit for fans to want to capture moments of their lives, including at concerts, with a personal and mostly minimally distracting device like a smartphone, which are different than old school DSLRs.

My point is I see and understand both sides, and don’t think either should be demonized or is wrong. Hence, cultural tension. As a hobbyist photographer and a big concert goer, I expect to watch this curiously over the next few years. Again, just my perspective on it, that’s all.

Aug 15, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #32,610 of 88,495
Hi Rockwell75, and hello to all at the Watercooler,

It’s been busy as usual at work this past week, with nearly not enough time to check on posts from this thread until today. xD

Cheers man I always really appreciate your detailed and thoughtful posts :). And holy notifications!

This is possibly the most quintessentially American food I can think of. Assuming I actually make it to CanJam I really look forward to connecting :)

I haven’t tried the N8II much (on SS state), but 1ZM2 was a clear winner for me.

1ZM2 is my dream DAP right now.

We say colour like it's a bad thing. In most cases, and for many of us here, colour gives life to how we enjoy our music, be it from the IEM, the source, or any number of tweaks we fuss and finick over. If you like the colour, colour is what you want! 🎨

+1...color is like flavour & spice in food. I don't like my food bland and I prefer my IEMs with varying degrees of color. Color can bring out the natural characteristics of a recording just as spice and flavour can enhance the natural characteristics of the food in question.

@Rockwell75 is the IEM top list ongoing or should I base my list on Canjam quick impressions? I miiiiiiight have a Xe6 and a Kublai Khan on my way and I'd like to get to know them a little bit more :)

Just post your favorite 12 at the moment (drawing from both full size and IEMs if you wish). I didn't place any parameters on the selections beyond that. I'm still tabulating if you want to add yours.

I should have @blotmouses's Technics EAH-TZ700 in hand later today, the Fir frontier series back in my hands in a couple days, and the Eletech Victoria for my Supermoon later this week...exciting times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back