The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 13, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #83,701 of 88,685
I'd vote for the Traillii too, it was ridiculous how fast I fell back in love with that sound even though the Ti and OG are different flavors, I wish the price difference between a used OG and a Ti wasn't so drastic.

Pretty birdies.

IMG_9247 2.JPG

Finally got my Mjolnir up and running, definitely a few hiccups in the setup process but we are smooth sailing now. I'm really enjoying this device and having an.. erm.... "desktop" setup 😅🫣 That Traillii Ti would look damn pretty next to it...

The area is a work in progress but I'm content with it for the time being.

IMG_9351.JPG

IMG_9352.JPG

I wonder how that compares to other desktop stuff like the RME ADI 2/4? You still have your DAPs too?

Mar 13, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #83,702 of 88,685
I wonder how that compares to other desktop stuff like the RME ADI 2/4? You still have your DAPs too?

I have no clue there to be honest. I was told this level of sound can be had for quite a bit cheaper (whether that applies to IEMs, headphones, or both.. I have no idea) but I was more sold on the entire product and the fact that it's an all-in-one/transportable and not strictly desktop only. When I travel to England in August I will be taking this with me for sure! Sometimes in this hobby there are pieces of gear I will hear where the price is no longer a barrier to entry relative to the enjoyment you get in return, that is how I felt about the Mjolnir when I auditioned it and how I feel about it now.

Yes I still have a DX260, D16 and PB5 as well so I'm really well covered for several different use cases.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:09 PM Post #83,703 of 88,685
CanJam NYC 2024
Plan to post full impressions from CanJam by week’s end but wanted to post a few highlights to start. I’ve learned I absolutely adore DD’s and solid core cables. Have a few things on order and am hoping to have them in hand prior to posting but all in all, what an awesome experience and pleasure meeting everyone.

Cable Highlights
Copper: Beat Audio Cyclone 8W
Copper/ Silver: Code 24 & Nightjar Mira MKII
Copper/Silver/Gold: Flash Acoustics flagship series (Ultron, Thanos, Blaze)

IEMs that seriously impressed me (cost factored)
Nightjar Singularity, Elysian Pilgrim, CA Trifecta, DITA Project M, Trailli Ti

Over-ears
ZMF Caldera Closed

Source
@bigbeans Sony DMP-Z1 - Thank you so much for the opportunity to demo your personal unit. Hearing the new Mason FS and Trailli Ti through this chain ruined everything I listened to for the next hour but it was completely worth it.

Lesson Learned
I’m extremely happy with my gear and demoed very few things that outperformed or filled a void I don’t already have filled. FOMO on hold until further notice.

More to come..

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #83,704 of 88,685
CanJam NYC 2024
Plan to post full impressions from CanJam by week’s end but wanted to post a few highlights to start. I’ve learned I absolutely adore DD’s and solid core cables. Have a few things on order and am hoping to have them in hand prior to posting but all in all, what an awesome experience and pleasure meeting everyone.

Cable Highlights
Copper: Beat Audio Cyclone 8W
Copper/ Silver: Code 24 & Nightjar Mira MKII
Copper/Silver/Gold: Flash Acoustics flagship series (Ultron, Thanos, Blaze)

IEMs that seriously impressed me (cost factored)
Nightjar Singularity, Elysian Pilgrim, CA Trifecta, DITA Project M, Trailli Ti

Over-ears
ZMF Caldera Closed

Source
@bigbeans Sony DMP-Z1 - Thank you so much for the opportunity to demo your personal unit. Hearing the new Mason FS and Trailli Ti through this chain ruined everything I listened to for the next hour but it was completely worth it.

Lesson Learned
I’m extremely happy with my gear and demoed very few things that outperformed or filled a void I don’t already have filled. FOMO on hold until further notice.

More to come..

Was great to meet you!

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #83,705 of 88,685
Was great to meet you!
You too sir. Meeting you and the rest of the gang was honestly the highlight of my trip. Good people make for good times 🤝

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #83,706 of 88,685
Source
No worries, this is why I brought it! There are gear synergies such as Oriolus and Sony which folks must hear. I'm glad you could, even if it ruined you in the process :laughing:

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #83,707 of 88,685
Cross-posting from the CanJam thread...so awesome to see so many Watercoolers in one place!!!
Awesome post!!! So happy I got to get in that group picture :) It was such a pleasure meeting you, such a genuine cool dude!! I’ve been trying to figure out who you remind me of and It finally hit me just now!!! My brother-in-law 😳
IMG_4651.png
IMG_4650.png

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #83,708 of 88,685
No worries, this is why I brought it! There are gear synergies such as Oriolus and Sony which folks must hear. I'm glad you could, even if it ruined you in the process :laughing:
Speaking of synergy easily the greatest synergy I’ve heard at canjam was @Rockwell75 setup of the trifecta and his OG sony gold brick ! That thing hit me like a truck it was beautiful 👌🔥💥🎶

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #83,709 of 88,685
You guys should have tried the Z1R on it!

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #83,710 of 88,685
I think I just unlocked Duality

EC ZDS + Freya + Singularity = Duality

IMG_1761.jpeg

IMG_1763.jpeg

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:31 PM Post #83,711 of 88,685
Mar 13, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #83,712 of 88,685
Awesome post!!! So happy I got to get in that group picture :) It was such a pleasure meeting you, such a genuine cool dude!! I’ve been trying to figure out who you remind me of and It finally hit me just now!!! My brother-in-law 😳
IMG_4651.pngIMG_4650.png
Oh no!!! Two of them!!! The end is near!

Does your brother-in-law speak Italian?

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #83,713 of 88,685
Brother, that is too funny!!! He kinda looks like my evil twin, which would be frightening!!

Mar 13, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #83,714 of 88,685
You too sir. Meeting you and the rest of the gang was honestly the highlight of my trip. Good people make for good times 🤝

If I'm not mistaken, we were chatting across MT table, toward the end of the day on Saturday? I did ask you for your head-fi "name", you were the guy with a beard and tattoos, right? Was nice talking to you, man!

Awesome post!!! So happy I got to get in that group picture :) It was such a pleasure meeting you, such a genuine cool dude!!...

Hmm, while I knew/met most of the people in our group picture, I missed a few :frowning2: Were you wearing hat backwards, the bodybuilder dude? Sorry, I didn't get a chance to talk to you!

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:03 PM Post #83,715 of 88,685
Hmm, while I knew/met most of the people in our group picture, I missed a few :frowning2: Were you wearing hat backwards, the bodybuilder dude? Sorry, I didn't get a chance to talk to you!
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was me hahah I was hoping to see you, but we didn’t cross paths, unfortunately :frowning2: next time hopefully I see you and can bombard you with audio talk 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back