The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #79,546 of 91,365
Interesting survey question...what is your personal holy trinity? It can be a combo of IEM makers, cable makers or DAP makers.

Mine would be Sony, Eletech, Campfire.
Campfire, Eletech, Hiby

Jan 25, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #79,547 of 91,365
Interesting survey question...what is your personal holy trinity? It can be a combo of IEM makers, cable makers or DAP makers.

Probably HiBy, NightJar, and Elysian. I’m also torn between iBasso and Cayin DAPs but right now I think HiBy are putting out the best products overall.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #79,548 of 91,365
Mine would be

Luxury and Precision, Oriolus, Eletech

I’ve not heard any Nightjar cables besides the stock cable of singularity but I’m anxious to hear them!!

Jan 25, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #79,551 of 91,365
Jan 25, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #79,552 of 91,365
Yes! Looking for all feedback of these from the early buyers!

I don’t have much to share other than what I have already — my opinions haven’t changed. It’s a wonderfully musical and textured set that sounds warm and bodied with a nice tonal balance that doesn’t sacrifice details.

I am really enjoying them and am happy to have added them. They’re no Fei Wan or Grand Maestro and they’re not trying to be, it’s also why I find them highly appealing for the variety they offer. :)

I’m finding them to sound great from both the R8 II and the DX260. They’re stupidly easy to drive though so the slightly darker background from the DX260 has me reaching for the combo more.

IMG_8470.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to testing them along with my other IEMs on Monday when I receive the iBasso PB5 and D16.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #79,553 of 91,365
Aroma, NGAudio, Campfire.

Though rumor has it NGA is the developer for Aroma's IEMs (at the least, Fen Wei), in which case I only have a Holy Duality.

edit: if it's a duality, then I add Cayin to restore a trinity.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #79,554 of 91,365

FiR, Eletech, HiBy/Cayin (toss up between my two go to DAP makers – probably lean HiBy for RS8 and R8 II but N30LE is hard to displace).

Looking forward to adding VEX and Vision Ears (brand) back into my collection.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #79,555 of 91,365
Which iPhone are you using? Mine doesn’t work on 12 Pro Max. I use it mainly with my laptop.

The sound coming out from this little one is phenomenal. Like the DX320Max and DX320. Not cheap but it’s worth it.

Edit: how do you upgrade the volume knob?
I use mine on the iPhone 13pro. No issues and sounds great.

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:24 PM Post #79,556 of 91,365
My currently Holy Trinity is Astell & Kern, Effect Audio and Campfire

I just find that the technicality oriented Campfire IEMs with full bodied note textures just meshes with A&K's technicality focused sound and Effect Audio just amplifying the strengths of both DAP and IEMs synergetically

Interestingly, Eletech's first foray in to headphone cable market is an absolute banger! The Inferno is a home run for me synergizing really well with Susvara

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #79,557 of 91,365
IEM:
Unique Melody, Campfire Audio, FIR Audio

DAP:
Luxury Precision, Sony, Cayin (N30LE/AP only)

Cable:
Eletech @Eric Chong , PW Audio, Viking Weave Cables @skedra

The holy trinity from this trinity... Unique Melody, Luxury Precision, Eletech

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #79,558 of 91,365

Female vocals perhaps...I always found male vocals a touch nasal on the Elysium. The best vocals I've ever heard would probably be Amber Pearl. Traillii is up there too.
Clan Audio (cables), Romi Audio (amp/psu), Canpur (IEM)

Jan 25, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #79,559 of 91,365
I understand this thread has become almost exclusively devoted to IEMs at this point, but I'm wondering if anyone here can weigh in on the actual sound quality of something like this:

https://hypebeast.com/2023/12/takahiromiyashitathesoloist-flatiron-speaker-release-info

Acknowledge that I know virtually nothing about home speaker wattages or the like. I'm considering eyeing one of these at discount for a family home entertainment setup for dual use for movies and music (general listening rather than clinical listening). My gut take is it's entirely overpriced gimmick based solely on aesthetic, but I'm wondering if there's anything out there at around half that list msrp that might be recommended as sounding decent while perhaps also doubling as visually interesting home decor. Not expecting a lot of replies to this but figured I'd put out feelers.

Jan 25, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #79,560 of 91,365
I don’t have much to share other than what I have already — my opinions haven’t changed. It’s a wonderfully musical and textured set that sounds warm and bodied with a nice tonal balance that doesn’t sacrifice details.

I am really enjoying them and am happy to have added them. They’re no Fei Wan or Grand Maestro and they’re not trying to be, it’s also why I find them highly appealing for the variety they offer. :)

I’m finding them to sound great from both the R8 II and the DX260. They’re stupidly easy to drive though so the slightly darker background from the DX260 has me reaching for the combo more.

IMG_8470.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to testing them along with my other IEMs on Monday when I receive the iBasso PB5 and D16.

thanks! really looking forward to your comparison impressions. What are some of the other IEM's you have to compare to them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back