The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jan 1, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #76,263 of 89,315
Fantastic list Jeremy! Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm for finding those sounds that get you really thinking about what you're hearing. Many of these I already know and love, and others I've missed, so I had to copy/paste this somewhere that I can focus properly in the next few days...

... yeah, near my No 1 for 2023 for sure. She's playing in Sydney in a couple weeks, my next action will be to get tickets.

Still more stuff to catch up on, thanks for sharing!!

Shame there's no 110% emoji. I've learned so much from demoing gear, thanks a million once again to @Damz87 for running all of our Aussie tours! Currently I have something in my ears that has completely upended a lot of assumptions I'd made and is leaving me with more questions than answers. 2024 will be interesting indeed!
I copied the list to a notepad to go through them at leisure. This thread has been moving at a faster pace than before since the past 2 weeks :)

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #76,264 of 89,315
‘Something about Japanese CIEMs, man… FitEar, Kumitate, Sony JustEar… there’s a timeless quality to them all. ‘Can’t wait to go back there in a week!
The AI might've had a rough NYE celebration but whatever it barfed out should roughly correlate with the state of my mind once I get the chance to squat in E-earphone again
1000008106.png

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #76,265 of 89,315
I wish you all a happy new year guys. Love this community and being part of it, even in a small way, is a great feeling. The year had many ups and downs and tedium en masse. But music always has the potential to support the emotions desired, which I am thankful for.

I lost my dog at the end of this year, 16 years was a good age to leave though. Goodbye my friend.
IMG-20230101-WA0019.jpg
It's always tough to lose a best friend.
A highlight was certainly a small part of a live show in german television that we played 4 songs in. A very cool new experience for me.

https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/k...-2023/swr/Y3JpZDovL3N3ci5kZS9hZXgvbzE5NzM5NzM

IMG-20231222-WA0006.jpg
Congratulations. May the new year and the upcoming years see you become a national phenomenon and subsequently an internationally recognized star.
And for new beginnings, I might be able to get my own small place in early 2024 with the help of my parents, nothing set in stone yet, but wishful thinking... ☺️ I am living in a house with a housemate for rent right now, but after more than 8 years, it's time to move on.
May that dream come true
Keep your family and friends close and try to stay open to new people! Every passing year I notice that there's nothing else that's more important than companionship in any way. We all deserve to be loved and cared about.
Very well said and something to live our life everyday by.
May your 2024 be what you want it to be :)

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #76,266 of 89,315
All Watercoolers a happy and healthy new year!
In these days of global conflicts let's not forget we are belonging to a lucky community discussing luxary items and 1st world problems.
What I appreciate in this community is that we are sharing our passion for music and gear across all nations, religions and ethnic belongings.
I wish that we stay tolerant regarding other opinions and passionate about our hobby and also wish that we can continue the fruitful relationship with manufacturers, dealers, reviewers and headfiers regardless of these current and future political and economical conflicts
Indeed, this is an amazing space where people from many sides of global unrest and conflict can come together, leave that behind, and share common passion and joy. May that continue to be the case. And may 2024 bring more outstanding gear for us all to continue to enjoy music and community through. HNY, Coolers :beerchug:

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #76,267 of 89,315
It's always tough to lose a best friend.

Congratulations. May the new year and the upcoming years see you become a national phenomenon and subsequently an internationally recognized star.
Yes, even though it is "just a dog" the responsibilites meant a lot to me. The structure around caring for an animal can be a blessing and give purpose to our time.

I thank you for your wishes, I think it's a very lofty goal, but the band is thriving a lot, compared to what we bring to the table. I did not expect it to grow as quick.

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #76,268 of 89,315
Waiting for my tea to brew on the first morning of 2024. What music is up first, with the whirlwind of suggestion's yesterday it is going to be hard to decide. New year calls for some new music thanks @jwilliamhurst @Leonarfd for your posts.

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #76,269 of 89,315
Nothing like a 6:30am wakeup call of a two-year-old shouting "MOMMEEEEEEE, DADDYYYYYY" at the top of her lungs to ring in the new year. A day is coming when I can lay in bed and listen to my walkman, but that day is not today 🙃

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #76,270 of 89,315
Non-Audio: I spent my entire life growing up in Silicon Valley and felt stuck because of job opportunities. I disliked a lot of things about the area, especially what it would cost to get a home in a good area. When I got the opportunity to work remote, I moved up to the Sac area and have loved it! I get to provide my kids with a family friendly neighborhood, top schools, and a house we are very comfortable in. The one surprise was discovering how nice people can be in a smaller city with less stress to make ends meet. I can't believe I waited 40yrs to move to another area and cant' see myself moving back to the Bay Area.

Yeah because 20-30 years ago the Bay Area was a different area. I grew up in Tracy and the one thing I hated was the insane commute that I had to do for damn near everything
1 hour commute for the nearest community college
1.5 ( double that if I’m using train/bus connections) to SFSU
1 hour commute to my old private high school.
1+ hour commute to my old job in Mountain View

The one silver lining that I like about living in SF is that I can generally walk to places. No car needed! I’ll probably do what my parents did for school and swallow the costs for private school and keep investing whatever money I make.

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #76,272 of 89,315
IMG_20240101_155326.jpg

A man is still wondering how he stumbled here in the first place.
He would like to wish everyone at the Watercooler a Happy New Year.
May the good spirits of the thread continue always.
May everyone be blessed with good health and happiness always.
A week before Christmas, a man has lost a friend.
May these songs reach her wherever she is.

IMG20231219083610.jpg

A man has friends, and a man has family. She was family. So sorry for your loss. :cry:

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #76,273 of 89,315
IMG_20240101_155326.jpg

A man is still wondering how he stumbled here in the first place.
He would like to wish everyone at the Watercooler a Happy New Year.
May the good spirits of the thread continue always.
May everyone be blessed with good health and happiness always.
A week before Christmas, a man has lost a friend.
May these songs reach her wherever she is.

IMG20231219083610.jpg

Sorry for A Man’s loss of his friend. May A Man keep her in eternal memory.

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #76,274 of 89,315
I wish you all a happy new year guys. Love this community and being part of it, even in a small way, is a great feeling. The year had many ups and downs and tedium en masse. But music always has the potential to support the emotions desired, which I am thankful for.

I lost my dog at the end of this year, 16 years was a good age to leave though. Goodbye my friend.
IMG-20230101-WA0019.jpg

A highlight was certainly a small part of a live show in german television that we played 4 songs in. A very cool new experience for me.

https://www.ardmediathek.de/video/k...-2023/swr/Y3JpZDovL3N3ci5kZS9hZXgvbzE5NzM5NzM

IMG-20231222-WA0006.jpg
And for new beginnings, I might be able to get my own small place in early 2024 with the help of my parents, nothing set in stone yet, but wishful thinking... ☺️ I am living in a house with a housemate for rent right now, but after more than 8 years, it's time to move on.

Keep your family and friends close and try to stay open to new people! Every passing year I notice that there's nothing else that's more important than companionship in any way. We all deserve to be loved and cared about.

May your 2024 be what you want it to be :)
Sorry to learn about your loss too. Even if they lived to a ripe old age, letting them go is always very tough. Hope you find a new one in the not too distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back