The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 24, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #75,121 of 91,358
It depends on release dates really which some are unknown but I know for sure I’ll be buying the Elysian Dio & NightJar Dual DD prototype I heard in Dallas. Whether or not they’re the first IEMs I can buy will be a different story as AFAIK neither are close to ready for production. I am looking forward to demo’ing the VE X soon but based off of impressions I have no clue how I’ll feel about that one, I’m excited regardless because its VE.

I was thinking it would be that Dita sub $1k set but I'm starting to think I might instead blind buy that $500 (or so) Elysian IEM that was teased recently and whose name escapes me.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #75,123 of 91,358

I found the ad right as you replied:

IMG_9298.jpg

If this can be Gaea-eqsque with a better bass driver and less prominent upper mids it will be gold imho.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #75,125 of 91,358
I found the ad right as you replied:

If this can be Gaea-eqsque with a better bass driver and less prominent upper mids it will be gold imho.

I haven’t heard the Gaea but I know this is using a different DD. Also knowing Elysian and the “house sound” they go for I’m sure this will be a similar type of sound to what he’s done with his other IEMs.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #75,126 of 91,358
Question: What's the first IEM you expect to buy in 2024?
Gosh, I'm pretty content right now with the DAP's and iem's that I own. They just seem to cover all my bases and needs. So I'm branching out. Have a Empyrean II on order and a deposit on a new HeadAmp. Maybe Susvara in the near future?

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #75,127 of 91,358
Could I ask you to correct the comparison between the N30 OG and N30 AP so that it is clear which player you are referring to? I'm having difficulty understanding the version. If I understood correctly, you mean that AP is smoother and more organic? That would contradict what others have written here (twister6 included): AP is supposed to be a little brighter and have a wider stage. That doesn't go together.

Exactly!

PS: Watercooler is celebrating 5000 pages and I'm certainly celebrating my new status as Supremus today, so sorry for the spamming now 🥳
Thanks for the correction! Guess this is what happens when synthesizing notes after some pre-christmas glasses of wine:k701smile:. The confusion has been corrected.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:42 AM Post #75,128 of 91,358
A&K need to bin the closed Android approach and unfriendly side-loading of apps. Are A&K particularly brilliant Android coders? Every A&K product thread are full of owners reporting broken functionality on apps, unfixed software annoyances or forever promises of future updates. All despite being a closed system fully within A&K's control. If the passage of time means it is a mature approach, why do these posts still exist in new A&K product threads. I feel the frustration is borne from the right place of seeing the potential of what A&K could be
I couldn’t disagree more. Not having to deal with Android is a HUGE part of AK’s appeal for me. I’ve been using AK daps for almost ten years and have no complaints. To the extent there are glitches, I’ve found them to be infrequent and AK responsive in fixing them.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #75,129 of 91,358

Can-Purrr meow 662B followed by a hiatus until Duality with maybe a Pilgrim or Anni23 in between.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #75,130 of 91,358
Merry Christmas coolers!

Today, I treated myself to a small Christmas gift (couldn't afford a big one as I've already spent too much this year) - the Jiju Jet 2 eartips from Lizer Lab in Japan. 😁

I've known about these ear tips for quite some time through my friends but hadn't been able to get my hands on them. Finally, I managed to find a pair at the local audio store.

Although they may look a bit strange and aren't the most comfortable eartips on the market, they do noticeably expand the soundstage and provide more precise instrument positioning, in exchange, the bass quantity has reduced a little bit. It's a very unique feeling compared to other aftermarket eartips!

IMG_2664.jpeg

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #75,132 of 91,358
Happy holidays!

Probably the Canpur or Storm. I’m also eyeing VE X as friends that are familiar with my preferences think it’s a set I’d enjoy.

Dec 24, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #75,133 of 91,358
To Everyone in ze Cooler. :wink:

I extend a big Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and everyone of you who have contributed to this unbelievable, 5000+ page thread. In all my years being a part of Head-Fi I’ve never seen anything like it. Also, I’ve enjoyed so much reading/skimming through this Cooler/thread and getting to know where many of you are at in this hobby of ours. It is amazing and more importantly I love the communal relationship that many of you have kept up so admirably. The way people get along here is a beautiful thing and how people trade experiences with one another is nothing short of courteous and enthusiastic…the way it should be!

Thanks for listening, fellas and possible ladies. 🙏🏻
More importantly, thank you for making me feel welcome.

Cheers to a great up coming 2024.

I got some listening to do. 😀

Attachments

• IMG_7299.jpeg
    IMG_7299.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7298.jpeg
    IMG_7298.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #75,134 of 91,358
Merry Christmas all!! Whether you're 20 or 70, may the love of music help bring you peace and happiness in the new year!

Rockin Santa 3.jpg

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #75,135 of 91,358
Merry Christmas coolers!

Today, I treated myself to a small Christmas gift (couldn't afford a big one as I've already spent too much this year) - the Jiju Jet 2 eartips from Lizer Lab in Japan. 😁

I've known about these ear tips for quite some time through my friends but hadn't been able to get my hands on them. Finally, I managed to find a pair at the local audio store.

Although they may look a bit strange and aren't the most comfortable eartips on the market, they do noticeably expand the soundstage and provide more precise instrument positioning, in exchange, the bass quantity has reduced a little bit. It's a very unique feeling compared to other aftermarket eartips!

IMG_2664.jpeg

They look a bit scary to insert. Sharp-ish looking metal tips are a no go in my ears, LOL.

Review here: https://blog.ear-phone-review.com/entry/LIZER_LAB_JIJUJET-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back