The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 2, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #72,196 of 91,398
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...ge-all-welcome.957426/page-4674#post-17813526

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fat...cannons-and-more.964743/page-97#post-17844980

FF MusicTeck Scarlet Mini.jpg

FF MusicTeck Scarlet Mini 01.jpg

:middle_finger_disabled_jxuqgx: FatFreq

Dec 2, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #72,197 of 91,398
Dec 2, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #72,198 of 91,398
As a huge Fostex Fanboy, I was really stoked yesterday to see in my email that Bloom Audio are now an official distributor... when I browsed over to their preorder page to the lovely TH616 (https://bloomaudio.com/collections/fostex/products/fostex-th616-limited-edition) that was highlighted in the email I had a very odd and new experience. The picture they used in the body of the product description was immediately familiar to me.

1701573595188.png

Not just the shot, the headphone itself has spent most of the last 2 weeks lovingly affixed to the side of my head... I'd recognize that walnut fingerprint even in someone else's picture, let alone one of mine.

20231114_141248_HDR.jpg

I am more flattered than offended, but I really wish they hadn't done such a rough job on the curve edge in photochop. Has anyone else had this happen?

For the record, I've done business several times with Bloom and they've been nothing but great. While I would have preferred they had pinged me at least first, I can certainly understand there isn't a lot of inventory stateside to photograph.

Attachments

• 1701574567256.png
    1701574567256.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 2, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #72,199 of 91,398
I'm never buying something directly from FatFreq again. They've pushed back their shipment of Scarlet Mini preorders again, without telling anyone. You have to keep hounding them on their website to get an automated email telling you they're pushing back shipments again and again.

FF is prioritizing shipments to retailers like MusicTeck before people who preordered on their site. I paid in full over 2 months ago and still no shipment of my order. They're also charging a 10% refund fee, which would be $62.70, just to cancel the preorder. This should be illegal but I don't think any country has laws against it, except maybe the EU?

Sorry for this small rant. Figured I'd let people know not to buy anything from FatFreq directly, unless you don't mind waiting months for your item to arrive, with no communication from FF. Other people have had similar stories with their orders of more expensive IEMs like the Grand Maestro and Maestro SE. I should've listened to them.

Bummer man. As someone who hates the "waiting game onece I've paid for something" more than just about anything I really sympathize.

Dec 2, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #72,200 of 91,398
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #72,201 of 91,398
Haven't heard from any Coolers. But per usual there's a Cooler discount on the SE 300 Ti.

Dec 2, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #72,202 of 91,398
I'm never buying something directly from FatFreq again. They've pushed back their shipment of Scarlet Mini preorders again, without telling anyone. You have to keep hounding them on their website to get an automated email telling you they're pushing back shipments again and again.

FF is prioritizing shipments to retailers like MusicTeck before people who preordered on their site. I paid in full over 2 months ago and still no shipment of my order. They're also charging a 10% refund fee, which would be $62.70, just to cancel the preorder. This should be illegal but I don't think any country has laws against it, except maybe the EU?

Sorry for this small rant. Figured I'd let people know not to buy anything from FatFreq directly, unless you don't mind waiting months for your item to arrive, with no communication from FF. Other people have had similar stories with their orders of more expensive IEMs like the Grand Maestro and Maestro SE. I should've listened to them.
Happened to me when I want to buy Eletech Baroque via my usual dealer. My dealer got no response from Eric or maybe he has but without any definitive date when will they send the stuff because they prioritize big retailers like MT which order in huge quantities than my dealer measly order, so I order directly from Eletech website but end up has to pay stupid amount of customs (almost 70 usd) for 2 box of it 😭

Dec 2, 2023 at 11:57 PM Post #72,204 of 91,398
Happened to me when I want to buy Eletech Baroque via my usual dealer. My dealer got no response from Eric or maybe he has but without any definitive date when will they send the stuff because they prioritize big retailers like MT which order in huge quantities than my dealer measly order, so I order directly from Eletech website but end up has to pay stupid amount of customs (almost 70 usd) for 2 box of it 😭
I was going to ask when you mentioned the price of your Baroques. Sheesh, I regular mailed mine and I don't think even came to half of yours.

Huh, you want to sell it already? 😅😂
Something something don't do blind buys

Dec 3, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #72,207 of 91,398
Something something A&K gimping their non-flagships with painfully laggy UIs. :wink:
It's fine with local files outside of the start up.

But UI speed was not on my list of issues.

Dec 3, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #72,208 of 91,398
It's fine with local files outside of the start up.

But UI speed was not on my list of issues.

Something something *so 1997 US Robotics 14.4 dial up modem tones, followed by AOL You’ve got Mail 🤭

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #72,210 of 91,398

Users who are viewing this thread

Back