The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 17, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #70,696 of 91,355
IMG_3010.png
Thoughts anyone ?
I was not especially impressed, unfortunately. There wasnt anything that made them stand out to me in the price range. They did have a prototype higher end model with a lovely painted faceplate that I found better in pretty much every aspect.

Nov 17, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #70,697 of 91,355
I was not especially impressed, unfortunately. There wasnt anything that made them stand out to me in the price range. They did have a prototype higher end model with a lovely painted faceplate that I found better in pretty much every aspect.

Ouch, that pretty much killed all of my interest. 😐

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #70,698 of 91,355
The @aromaaudio Fei Wan has finally reached me. I won’t be able to listen much today and tomorrow but here’s a picture dump of what I consider to be a very attractive set of monitors. Piss yellow never looked so good. 😁

IMG_5919.jpeg

IMG_5920.jpeg

IMG_5921.jpeg

IMG_5922.jpeg

IMG_5923.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

Of course, aesthetics are super subjective but these look really nice in person.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #70,699 of 91,355
The @aromaaudio Fei Wan has finally reached me. I won’t be able to listen much today and tomorrow but here’s a picture dump of what I consider to be a very attractive set of monitors. Piss yellow never looked so good. 😁

Of course, aesthetics are super subjective but these look really nice in person.
I’m actually a fan of the IEM’s design but that case…. What were they thinking

The IEM’s remind me of my custom LX a little…
IMG_9333.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #70,701 of 91,355
Thanks to @Scuba Devils have been listening to Globular on Roon and allowed Roon to suggest music after the end of the album. This came up and I love it! Nice music to wind down to at the end of the day!

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #70,702 of 91,355
I’m exhausted so only very brief impressions but the most immediate difference I hear with FW is a more exciting presentation with a lot more mid bass focus - I get that ‘thud’ sensation with say kick drums, where you feel it perfectly central in your head, Erebus upon switching sound quite tame initially but I then settle back in, definitely a more neutral sound overall in comparison. FW grabs your attention much quicker, Erebus takes a bit of time as I a/b. Looking forward to more time with both tomorrow night - could well be a spanner in the works here… I can certainly understand the praise for FW!

IMG_8831.jpeg
I personally did not like the sound of FW when I heard at AV One while I was in Singapore. I felt it was too bright, and built quality just simply didn't cut it for now day and age, and specially for what it is selling for..

How is the built of Erebus compared to FW?

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:27 AM Post #70,704 of 91,355
How your GM behaves with his new "toy"

Fei Wan is really complementary to Grand Maestro so I use them for different moods. I recently bought an Eletech Raphael for GM and I love how it makes the bass sound even more textured and bodied, so it depends on what I feel like listening to really. I’m very happy with both. 👍🏽

Nov 17, 2023 at 6:23 AM Post #70,707 of 91,355
Fei Wan is really complementary to Grand Maestro so I use them for different moods. I recently bought an Eletech Raphael for GM and I love how it makes the bass sound even more textured and bodied, so it depends on what I feel like listening to really. I’m very happy with both. 👍🏽
This is the most important thing, which Dap do you use at the moment?

Nov 17, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #70,710 of 91,355
This is the most important thing, which Dap do you use at the moment?

Cayin N30 LE and HiBy R6 Gen 3. I prefer the more neutral tonality of the R6 Gen 3 with Fei Wan but it doesn’t really compete with the Cayin for staging or technicals, which is expected 😅

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back