The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 16, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #70,621 of 91,362
Decided not to stirr the pot and delete my first Boneville and Trifecta impressions. I'm leaving measurements for people interested.

Attachments

• Supermoon vs Trifecta.png
    Supermoon vs Trifecta.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Supermoon vs Boneville.png
    Supermoon vs Boneville.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Supermoon.png
    Supermoon.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Boneville vs Trifecta.png
    Boneville vs Trifecta.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Boneville.png
    Boneville.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Trifecta.png
    Trifecta.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #70,622 of 91,362
Maybe give EE Raven a try
you think this is an upgrade or sidegrade?
There is UM MEST Indigo, but I liked it less than mkii (shrug). And MEST mk3 came out recently. Those are the most direct. UM has quite a few IEM's with the bone conduction driver that delivers that holographic feel.
Ah i know someone is gonna say this lol maybe i should stick with unique melody to get those holographic sound huh?

Also anyone in Toronto, ON area that knows where to try stuff other than the bay bloor? they dont have a lot of options imo. just the 64 audio stuff and campfire

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #70,623 of 91,362

Ah i know someone is gonna say this lol maybe i should stick with unique melody to get those holographic sound huh?

Also anyone in Toronto, ON area that knows where to try stuff other than the bay bloor? they dont have a lot of options imo. just the 64 audio stuff and campfire
Raven is definitely a noticeable upgrade in every aspect imo

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #70,624 of 91,362

Headphone shop? Never been, bought all my stuff on line, mostly from vancouver or usa direct.

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #70,625 of 91,362
Glad they improved on the softness of the foam. The old version foam is hard like hell and hurts the ear canal. I ended pulling the foam out. Lol.
Same here. Those original symbio foam tips were really painful and I ended up pulling the foam out too. Might have to give these new ones a try if they truly are nice and softer.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #70,627 of 91,362
The new Symbio W ear-tips are here!

For everyone that is not familiar with Symbio W. These are hybrid foam tips with silicone outer shell that came as standard tips with FIR RN IEMs

Symbio listened to the critiques here and they came up with an updated version which is now softer and very comfortable to wear.
Also the outer shell is now very smooth and the seam around (which came from the molding process) is gone.

IMG_5479.jpeg

They are now one of my best tips so far for bone conduction IEMs and very comfortable to wear.

They have a 25% discount till 31. Dec. Use SYMBIO-25

Bone conduction? I thought the foam would dampen it, at least for EE IEMs where conduction is passed through the tips. Have you tested with EE IEMs vs for example Final E?

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #70,628 of 91,362
For anyone who has or has tried UM Mest MK2,
Do you know if there is an IEM that is a direct step up from the Mest MK2 (other than Kublai Khan)?
or if there is any iem that is completely different yet still retaining that holographic stage? preferably focused on female vocals since i like it a more forward presentation than what my mest do.
I can only think of UM’s own Multiverse Mentor as a direct step up for holographic stage.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #70,629 of 91,362
I can only think of UM’s own Multiverse Mentor as a direct step up for holographic stage.
However, MM, Mason FS, or even AP, are very different from the Mest line. MM/Mason/AP have a unique midrange note weight, on the other hand Mest is less unique in the sound signature. The only common ground is the BCD.

Nov 16, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #70,630 of 91,362
thanks for the recommendation guys. will take a look in to them.
about the Mentor, uh thats a big price to swallow, still wondering if its actually worth it.
although i have a strong gut feeling that mm, mason and ap midrange are what im after, thicker and meatier (based on what i read)

What about a totl set for female vocal (along with lush and smooth presentation)?
im hearing a lot about diva, but still wondering if they are the true totl for what they are doing

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #70,631 of 91,362
thanks for the recommendation guys. will take a look in to them.
about the Mentor, uh thats a big price to swallow, still considering if its actually worth it.
although i have a strong gut feeling that mm, mason and ap midrange are what im after, thicker and meatier (based on what i read)

What about a totl set for female vocal (along with lush and smooth presentation)?
im hearing a lot about diva, but still wondering if they are the true totl for what they are doing
Try oriolus isabellae, it is much cheaper, but without BCD.

Not sure about your library, but most of the chifi IEMs are created for female vocal focused sound. Again, there was a debate regarding Western tuning and Asian Tuning in this thread.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #70,632 of 91,362
For anyone who has or has tried UM Mest MK2,
Do you know if there is an IEM that is a direct step up from the Mest MK2 (other than Kublai Khan)?
or if there is any iem that is completely different yet still retaining that holographic stage? preferably focused on female vocals since i like it a more forward presentation than what my mest do.

There is UM MEST Indigo, but I liked it less than mkii (shrug). And MEST mk3 came out recently. Those are the most direct. UM has quite a few IEM's with the bone conduction driver that delivers that holographic feel.

Ja, Indigo also first came to mind and similarly MEST Mk3.

Multiverse is a definite step up with fuller mids which I enjoy plus vocals - it’s the most XE6-like of UMs. Multiverse also requires a bit of DAP synergy – it was bleck with my RS8 and sings with N30LE.

@Ultimate Sophistication you could also achieve forwardness with a cable like ET’s Raphael which adds nice thump in lows plus forward presentation though its highs while extended may not extend enough for female vocals.

With Black Friday coming up FiR has 20% off IEMs - Radon 6 or Krypton 5 would be another consideration outside of UM.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #70,634 of 91,362
With Black Friday coming up FiR has 20% off IEMs - Radon 6 or Krypton 5 would be another consideration outside of UM.
Thought that the FIR 20% discount is only on the Frontier Series Custom & Universal Fit IEMs, Bellos X-Series & their accessories. Radon 6 & Electron 12 are excluded, I believe.

Nov 16, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #70,635 of 91,362
Ja, Indigo also first came to mind and similarly MEST Mk3.

Multiverse is a definite step up with fuller mids which I enjoy plus vocals - it’s the most XE6-like of UMs. Multiverse also requires a bit of DAP synergy – it was bleck with my RS8 and sings with N30LE.

@Ultimate Sophistication you could also achieve forwardness with a cable like ET’s Raphael which adds nice thump in lows plus forward presentation though its highs while extended may not extend enough for female vocals.

The Radon 6 is in the same price bracket as the MM but with 20% off it is really attractive.

I find the Rn6 shares the same signature with the Mest Mk2 in so far as the treble energy is concerned with the Rn6 being even brighter. It could get sibilant but Divinus Velvet does rein that in a lot. The soundstage is wide but I wouldn’t call it holographic if compared to the MM. And the bass … 😱 … I feel them travel down to my feet and this is with just red module. Yeah … on second thought Rn6 is indeed a direct step up from the Mest Mk2 within the above considerations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back