The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 8, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #69,977 of 89,866
Nov 8, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #69,978 of 89,866
Has someone heard this strange headphone: oBravo HAMT-1 Signature ? (a hybrid semi-open headphone featuring a single 57mm dynamic driver and fairly hefty 40mm AMT tweeter. )

Obravo-HAMT-Signature-33.jpg
Yes, I had one. The build quality is excellent with the Alcantara leather. The case is luxurious. I wanted to try the AMT technology on it as it was easier to drive. The sound is warm but hazy and I used the 7AE and the Origa to drive it. The implementation wasnt for me and I sold it. It was easy to drive but for that price I’d go for the Susvara and a big amp to drive it. Saying that some people may like the sound. I didn’t find the resolution that great compared to others. I think you should try it out if you can since everyone’s taste it different.
IMG_4891.jpeg

I

Nov 8, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #69,979 of 89,866
you folks like kaiseki cuisine, cant live on ear buds alone, lol. Private dining of course

IMG_9286.jpeg
IMG_9288.jpeg
IMG_9296.jpeg
IMG_9297.jpeg
IMG_9299.jpeg
IMG_9300.jpeg
IMG_9304.jpeg
IMG_9305.jpeg
IMG_9307.jpeg
IMG_9308.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #69,981 of 89,866
That sounds like the Supermoon would be fun. I haven't ran into many Head-Fiers that like IEMs and use them with the CMA Twelve Master. If you get a chance try the U12t with the CMA Twelve Master on low gain and toggle the bias switch.
Following up on this... If anyone here is going to CanJam Dallas and happen to see the Hifiman Serenade let me know your impressions with IEMs. I'm interested in picking up the Serenade for my desktop. I would really appreciate if any fellow Watercooler has a few minutes out of their busy CanJam weekend to help a fellow Head-Fier that won't be in attendance.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #69,983 of 89,866
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #69,984 of 89,866
Some of them are too new to be considered as classic.
The Erlkonig , Traillii OG and the Noble Viking (full Damascus steel one) I would consider as classic because they are so well talked about and even after all these years people are buying them or clambering to get them or retain them in their collection. But there are many of them to name a few. These are a few I have in mind.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #69,986 of 89,866
I am quite tempted by the ORPHEUS to "upgrade" my Cayin N30 Amber Pearl. I heard that there is a shielded version and a non shielded version.

it seems that most choose the shielded version, but... Orpheus with shielding is much thicker and heavier than the non-shielded version.

So... does the shielding really maka a big sonic improvement over the non-shielded ? does shielding change it's sonic signature ? For me, confort (weight, thickness...) is also very important.

Side note: alternatively, may be a Shielded 1950s could be not far away sonically to a « non shielded » Orpheus (and I guess it will be lighter… and cheaper) ?
I will be happy with 90% of the ORPHEUS benefits for my Amber Pearl…

Attachments

• N30.png
    N30.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #69,987 of 89,866
I am happy you enjoy Amber Pearl. I also have AP and also like it a lot. Howver, I wonder if it can be improved even further by swapping cable ?

Have you tried 3rd party cable with Amber Pearl ? Orpheus ? 1950s ? Brise audio ? ....
Never heard the AP but I can report that Brise expertise is out of this world. Those are the first cables that truly made a huge difference to me. But as synergy with your iem is the key to everything, you should try to demo any cable you consider.

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #69,988 of 89,866
I’m getting my xe6 back today! I called Fir and asked them if they could replace my filter system with the updated version and they did even though I was out of warranty! Awesome customer service and I can’t wait to listen again they’re definitely one of my favorites as well :)
May I ask why you've replaced it? 🙂

Nov 8, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #69,989 of 89,866
May I ask why you've replaced it? 🙂

The OG ATOM XS filters for UNIEMs were color painted and the updated filters are color anodized - eliminating paint residue and chips over time due to module swapping.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #69,990 of 89,866
It just looks fantastic. One of the most beautiful food presentations I have ever seen. These colors, this minimalism... just incredible.

Where is that exactly?
Toronto, only 3 seatings/rooms per night, focus on quality and service.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back