The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Aug 28, 2023 at 2:25 AM Post #63,661 of 93,307
Subbass: Ragnar
Midbass: EXT
-> haven’t heard FatFreq

Mids: Ronin
-> Phönix and Traillii are close

Treble: Ragnar
-> haven’t heard Anni 23 (yet 😉)

This is an interesting poll, but unfortunately this isn’t lego, where you can rebuild your own fantasy. If you would design an IEM of all those, it would be a cacophonie. Each frequency range would try to overwhelm the other.

Try to imagine a Lamborghini Huracan with BBS rims and a VW Calfornia pop-up roof - won’t work. 💭

But how about the rational question, what needs a certain IEM to be perfect? 💬

EXT with smaller Nozzels
Traillii with nicer faceplate look
Jewel with better cable
I would certainly not like an EXT with smaller nozzles. This is the best fitting IEM I have ever tried.
Still intimidated by Z1R though :D Still have to try that one on.

Oh and I would love to participate in a europe tour!

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #63,662 of 93,307
I would certainly not like an EXT with smaller nozzles. This is the best fitting IEM I have ever tried.

I wished EXT d fit me as I am still missing it but from all people I've met trying it it's like a relation of like 60:40 against good stock fit.
Wondering if Scheinhardt custom tips will work here but than it's becoming far too large I am afraid.

I d also like to join a Z1R demo tour

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #63,664 of 93,307
Cross post from Effect Audio thread for those interested in a good pairing for the almighty A12t. :)
Here we go again folks. Chapter II of this pretty cable. (spoiler, best of all)

As mentioned before, this beautiful cable has multiple faces depending on how you pair it. Today I will go through some impressions on one and only 64a A12t, a reference IEM for many.

64a A12t + EA Fusion 1

In this case I can’t make a valid comment about the Universal version colour match with the cable aesthetics, but in my case, again, it does match really well with my personalised faceplate. As can be seen below. I love it.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

12t is a well known IEM that needs no introduction, but just for reference here, 12t has a sub-bass that is considered by many as one of the best in the market for BA bass, with smooth mid range and extended treble with great dynamics and reference technicalities.

Sub-Bass to lower Mids

Well, if you get to like BA bass you must like 12t bass, it’s a hard one to beat, I would say that Storm won me over recently From a quick listen, but at 3 times the cost. So 12t bass is technical, dynamic and deep… with Fusion I felt the lower end got even more extended and due to the mid bass slight shift it gave an impression of even more separation, definition and space, with instruments in this range being easy to pinpoint. it got slightly further out of my head.

Upper Mids to High Treble

Here is where many people have pointing to Fusion as bright. But in 12t’s case it may as well be a benefit. Since it has an smooth and warm upper mids, adding a bit of energy in this region gives more air to breath and vocals seems a bit more separated from the instruments, sense of depth stretched. Together with the sense of details, this sounds like a perfect match for the Tia driver.

Overall

As more I listen to A12t and Fusion 1, as more I think they were made for each other. I literally have to stop and think to myself “make notes” to remember that I want to write impressions of it as well. I just get lost in the music every time. From all the cables I got here, this one is getting the edge for pairing with 12t. After finishing experimenting with the other IEMs I have a good feeling it will go back to 12t for The foreseeable future. (sorry Cadmus and Cadmus FE, Fusion got your place)

*PS.: A12t + M15, Source Sp3k, Apple dongle and ifi GoBlu.

Music:

Just heard about this band and it have been impressing me in the musical production.
https://music.apple.com/au/artist/sleep-token/1153723033

I listen to this playlist a lot. :)

Aug 28, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #63,666 of 93,307
I always get confused with Elysian line, is this the DIO version or the standard model?

I've heard his best is DIO.
The “Dio” name refers to his IEM’s that are in prototype phase. Annihilator Dio was it’s old name before it became Annihilator 2021, and then the newest version is Annihilator 2023.

There’s another “Dio” in the works that is due to release next year. Some people have heard it at shows like CanJam and HKAV.

Aug 28, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #63,667 of 93,307

If you can fit EXT in your ears you should have zero issues with Z1R. EXT is probably the worst-fitting IEM I've tried, and I've tried many! #smallearcanals

Aug 28, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #63,668 of 93,307
Bass: Trifecta
(Runner up with the absolutely amazing XE6)
Mid: Elysium
(Runner up with Phonix and Traillii!)
Treble: Ragnar
(Runner up with Mentor)

DAP... Mjolnir... does that even count as a DAP at the size its at?! 😂

Aug 28, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #63,670 of 93,307
Cross post from Effect Audio thread for those interested in a good pairing for the almighty A12t. :)
Here we go again folks. Chapter II of this pretty cable. (spoiler, best of all)

As mentioned before, this beautiful cable has multiple faces depending on how you pair it. Today I will go through some impressions on one and only 64a A12t, a reference IEM for many.

64a A12t + EA Fusion 1

In this case I can’t make a valid comment about the Universal version colour match with the cable aesthetics, but in my case, again, it does match really well with my personalised faceplate. As can be seen below. I love it.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

12t is a well known IEM that needs no introduction, but just for reference here, 12t has a sub-bass that is considered by many as one of the best in the market for BA bass, with smooth mid range and extended treble with great dynamics and reference technicalities.

Sub-Bass to lower Mids

Well, if you get to like BA bass you must like 12t bass, it’s a hard one to beat, I would say that Storm won me over recently From a quick listen, but at 3 times the cost. So 12t bass is technical, dynamic and deep… with Fusion I felt the lower end got even more extended and due to the mid bass slight shift it gave an impression of even more separation, definition and space, with instruments in this range being easy to pinpoint. it got slightly further out of my head.

Upper Mids to High Treble

Here is where many people have pointing to Fusion as bright. But in 12t’s case it may as well be a benefit. Since it has an smooth and warm upper mids, adding a bit of energy in this region gives more air to breath and vocals seems a bit more separated from the instruments, sense of depth stretched. Together with the sense of details, this sounds like a perfect match for the Tia driver.

Overall

As more I listen to A12t and Fusion 1, as more I think they were made for each other. I literally have to stop and think to myself “make notes” to remember that I want to write impressions of it as well. I just get lost in the music every time. From all the cables I got here, this one is getting the edge for pairing with 12t. After finishing experimenting with the other IEMs I have a good feeling it will go back to 12t for The foreseeable future. (sorry Cadmus and Cadmus FE, Fusion got your place)

*PS.: A12t + M15, Source Sp3k, Apple dongle and ifi GoBlu.

Music:

Just heard about this band and it have been impressing me in the musical production.
https://music.apple.com/au/artist/sleep-token/1153723033

I listen to this playlist a lot. :)
Congrats on your new cable. It sounds like the Fusion 1 expanded the soundstage and added midrange detail. Did you find it pushed the midrange more forward or was the placement of the vocals the same as the stock cable?

Aug 28, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #63,673 of 93,307
So let me spend my 500th comment on this.

Bass: Ragnar (for the quality)
Mids: Traillii (still best in class)
Highs: Mentor (inoffensive but have all the details)

Daps would be DX320 MAX TI and N8ii.

Aug 28, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #63,675 of 93,307
Hmm… Have you given the Kinera Loki a listen? Same 4 types of drivers but different implementation and tuning.
I have not but I am intrigued now!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back