The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 7, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #61,231 of 91,358
Jul 7, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #61,232 of 91,358
...and it just arrived from China. I love how you can see this beautiful machine now :)

IMG_0526.jpeg
Stahp, I almost want to delist my Sp3k from the Classifieds

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #61,233 of 91,358
Side bar question: some weeks ago, can't remember who (or I'd be able to find it) posted a dap/amp shelf for portables that was available on Amazon. Anyone remember or have an alternative with a link? Looking for something to lift my c9 and n7 off the table so it has air on all sides. Thanks!

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #61,234 of 91,358
I’m very impressed by the sub $1k segment of IEMs - while of course not at a comparable level of the heavy hitters, diminishing returns does absolutely become apparent… but more importantly, I see this exploration as a thoroughly enjoyable element of the hobby. I’m very happy with my keepers at the higher end; Turii Ti, Camelot, and I would now comfortably add MEST MKIII to the mix, absolutely adore this set. Likewise with DAPs - LPGT Ti a permanent fixture, I can’t see N7 or indeed M6U going anywhere as they all offer various unique flavours to my listening experience.

My focus for now has amazingly shifted from single DDs to various sets being touted as offering more than their price suggests, and so far this has absolutely been the case with SR8, Neon Pro, and Performer8 - the latest arrival is the DUNU SA6 MK2 - just landed today and loving them so far… definitely a step up on the OG from memory at least.

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_5093.jpeg

IMG_5091.jpeg

IMG_5097.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #61,235 of 91,358
I’m very impressed by the sub $1k segment of IEMs - while of course not at a comparable level of the heavy hitters, diminishing returns does absolutely become apparent… but more importantly, I see this exploration as a thoroughly enjoyable element of the hobby. I’m very happy with my keepers at the higher end; Turii Ti, Camelot, and I would now comfortably add MEST MKIII to the mix, absolutely adore this set. Likewise with DAPs - LPGT Ti a permanent fixture, I can’t see N7 or indeed M6U going anywhere as they all offer various unique flavours to my listening experience.

My focus for now has amazingly shifted from single DDs to various sets being touted as offering more than their price suggests, and so far this has absolutely been the case with SR8, Neon Pro, and Performer8 - the latest arrival is the DUNU SA6 MK2 - just landed today and loving them so far… definitely a step up on the OG from memory at least.

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_5093.jpeg

IMG_5091.jpeg

IMG_5097.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg
I’m right there with you. The sub 1k segment is very healthy and ripe right now. It’s a great time to be in the hobby.

I’ve also literally dove into the 🐇 🕳️ with earbuds and have ordered some very unique offerings that will take some time to get to me. But I do love what buds bring to the table outside of iems.

The puck case with your SA6 MK2 is so nice. Love the colors! Golden State Warriors colors. Hehe.

Have you heard the Alita from AüR? I’m very curious about that set.

Jul 7, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #61,236 of 91,358
Side bar question: some weeks ago, can't remember who (or I'd be able to find it) posted a dap/amp shelf for portables that was available on Amazon. Anyone remember or have an alternative with a link? Looking for something to lift my c9 and n7 off the table so it has air on all sides. Thanks!

Something like this?
https://apos.audio/products/topping-acrylic-rack?_pos=1&_sid=c178eba91&_ss=r

Or Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/KGUSS-Compon.../ref=sr_1_3?keywords=small+acrylic+audio+rack

Screenshot 2023-07-07 at 4.00.02 PM.png

AliExpress is another outlet

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #61,237 of 91,358
Jul 7, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #61,238 of 91,358
I’m right there with you. The sub 1k segment is very healthy and ripe right now. It’s a great time to be in the hobby.

I’ve also literally dove into the 🐇 🕳️ with earbuds and have ordered some very unique offerings that will take some time to get to me. But I do love what buds bring to the table outside of iems.

The puck case with your SA6 MK2 is so nice. Love the colors! Golden State Warriors colors. Hehe.

Have you heard the Alita from AüR? I’m very curious about that set.

I’ve been listening to Serratus a lot lately and definitely getting an itch to further explore buds again too. Curious to hear more about your inbound purchases when they arrive!

I haven’t heard Alita but will very likely order next - Aurora should be with me in the next week or so, very excited to hear them based on existing impressions… Alita feels an inevitable step after!

Jul 7, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #61,239 of 91,358
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #61,240 of 91,358
Similar but it was metal and grated so heat could more easily dissipate out the bottom. I'll just have to dig around through the thread more. Thanks though.

You could also DIY 3M adhesive pad a set of small aluminum isolation feet. Try skimming through the C9 gallery too.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #61,241 of 91,358
Music, wine, and dark chocolate - my favourite way to enjoy a Friday night… especially in the wilderness of the south east of Ireland in my mobile home.

IMG_5121.jpeg

Jul 7, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #61,242 of 91,358
BLUE Beauties in the house!

Noble Ronin and Aroma Jewel
IMG_8291.jpegIMG_8294.jpegIMG_8300.jpeg

I received Ronin last night and Jewel today. Very little ear time but will post some impressions and also include comparisons to UM MM and Phonix LE

Dita Perpetua arrives tomorrow!! I will have lots to share in the coming week. 🤭

Edit: Ronin is HUGE!! Thankfully it doesn’t give me any problems but it’s a Goliath!
Have been wanting to hear these for quite some time especially the Jewel of which I am extremely enjoying!

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:16 PM Post #61,243 of 91,358

I received Ronin last night and Jewel today. Very little ear time but will post some impressions and also include comparisons to UM MM and Phonix LE

Dita Perpetua arrives tomorrow!! I will have lots to share in the coming week. 🤭

Edit: Ronin is HUGE!! Thankfully it doesn’t give me any problems but it’s a Goliath!
Have been wanting to hear these for quite some time especially the Jewel of which I am extremely enjoying!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Ronin vs Phonix LE. It's been an absolute stellar 'end-game' worthy IEM for me so far.

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #61,244 of 91,358

IMG_8291.jpegIMG_8294.jpegIMG_8300.jpeg

Congrats man, those are some epic new arrivals this week! Curious to hear what you think of Ronin. Enjoyed that one a lot when I demoed it :)

Jul 7, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #61,245 of 91,358

Listen to Jewel louder, it was designed for loud volumes, hence why many people find it boring because they don't listen loud enough IMO. It comes alive loud. The pairing with Hugo2 is spectacular.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back