The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #56,251 of 90,405
S12 certainly has an impressive soundstage and it’s a fast driver with really good detail retrieval and sense of space. I was listening to Drum & Bass which has a lot of deep sub bass and it was certainly satisfying on S12, likewise its ability to comfortably control the complex percussion. When I’m out walking like this I’m definitely not focusing too much on technicalities but I’ve been seriously impressed by what such a relatively low cost combo can deliver.

I’m tempted now to buy the 2nd iteration of 7hz Timeless!
I didn't love the first timeless. It's a safer tuning, for sure, but I thought the raptgo had a hell of a lot more character. Granted, at that price point, there's an argument for getting both and switching off. The resolution wasn't there for me for desktop listening but they were way fun for daily errands, grocery shopping, long walks, etc.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #56,252 of 90,405
The nitecore NTP10 is a very unique titanium pen. I was fascinated with the look/construction.
It's also small, and easy to carry around. It takes a standard refill.
Body diameter is quite small, so it's not for writing all day. It's a great small carry around pen, though.
And the carbide tip can be unscrewed from the pen, if you find the carbide too sharp while carrying around normally.

https://www.nitecore.co.uk/products/nitecore-ntp10-titanium-pen.html
Nitecore-NTP10.jpg

400x400

12943-2014915124547.jpg

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #56,253 of 90,405
I’m tempted now to buy the 2nd iteration of 7hz Timeless!
Timeless AE is very good. Deeper, more body than the original Timeless, somewhat less technicalities.

I still like the original Timeless better.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #56,254 of 90,405
DSC01007.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-rgb.26434/reviews#review-30603 your weekend reader about the RGB.

Tansio Mirai RGB and Effect Audios Code23 cable. Unbelievable combination. What was already crazy sounding gets an uplift. Grander stage, holographic imaging is more holographier! Uptick in texture from bass to treble. My set here will be heading over to a good friend for a few weeks and I am gonna miss listening to these things immensely. :disappointed:

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #56,255 of 90,405
Timeless AE is very good. Deeper, more body than the original Timeless, somewhat less technicalities.

I still like the original Timeless better.
Timeless had become my go-to for easy out and about. I'll take it to the beach!

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #56,256 of 90,405
DSC01007.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-rgb.26434/reviews#review-30603

Tansio Mirai RGB and Effect Audios Code23 cable. Unbelievable combination. What was already crazy sounding gets an uplift. Grander stage, holographic imaging is more holographier! Uptick in texture from bass to treble. My set here will be heading over to a good friend for a few weeks and I am gonna miss listening to these things immensely. :disappointed:
I'm so intrigued by these RGBs. Are they really all that!?

Comparisons to the Bird, the MM, etc. at its price point make one wonder if this is the one expensive set to buy. Tho for about the same $ there's the Rn6 which also is clearly a winner...what do you think!?

Apr 15, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #56,257 of 90,405

Comparisons to the Bird, the MM, etc. at its price point make one wonder if this is the one expensive set to buy. Tho for about the same $ there's the Rn6 which also is clearly a winner...what do you think!?
They are getting the royal Canadian tour. All will be answered soon enough. Keep tabs on the cooler.

All I know is the few who have heard it has clicked on that buy button. Just ask our buddy @Natesdailies

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #56,260 of 90,405
DSC01007.JPG
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-rgb.26434/reviews#review-30603 your weekend reader about the RGB.

I'm tempted to hit that blind buy button. Btw CODE23 looks like a garden hose. 😂
19b82972-f14c-42d3-ab5b-10541bdf3756.jpeg

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #56,261 of 90,405

Tansio Mirai RGB and Effect Audios Code23 cable. Unbelievable combination. What was already crazy sounding gets an uplift. Grander stage, holographic imaging
Awesome review 👍

I own the Mentor and heard the Bird again recently in NYC. RGB combines aspects of both (holographic imaging like Mentor, euphonic vocals like Traillii). Some differences are:

- It is a more vivid presentation vs Mentor and Traillii. Timbre is at the level of Traillii for me with a different shade of colour.

- RGB has my favourite treble extension out of the BA + ESTs (Impact, Traillii, Ronin). Unlike Ragnar, I dont get sibilance or peaks. High pitch cymbal notes are transparent but sound stately, natural and refined.

- There is slightly less bass quantity than Mentor. I still find it above reference level (a lot more than Turii Ti). This is with the bass switch on. Adding the PW orpheus to RGB, the bass quantity is around Mentors.

- There is more upper mid energy, clarity and air compared to the Traillii. Mentor has a dip in that region. Female vocals and string instruments sound pristine. Unlike the Odin, I think it is implemented more tastefully.

Overall, it is a special set. It sounds different. I used the term bright in a previous post, but the more I think about it, I think its just more resolving because the bass is above neutral, mids are sweet.

Use case: While the RGB is an all rounder for me (with Orpheus), I can also see this set diversifying a larger collectors stable as an uplifting vocal centric set.

Apr 15, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #56,262 of 90,405
4E1D7E63-1CDB-4453-8B9D-350C7147E2BE.jpegAmazon.co.jp fulfilled order for “Canalworks narrow bore gel filled, soft like cat paw” 🐱🐈‍⬛ ear tip today!
Can’t wait to fit it with U12t then compare with Eartunes Fidelity U tip. It may be better.. or worse😋

It only took 6 days for Amacon.co.jp to ship this to US. Though, international shipping fee was Takai!(High)

Attachments

• 17B6DD49-5D0D-43EE-98B0-1E59CA237123.jpeg
    17B6DD49-5D0D-43EE-98B0-1E59CA237123.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 15, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #56,263 of 90,405
4E1D7E63-1CDB-4453-8B9D-350C7147E2BE.jpegAmazon.co.jp fulfilled order for “Canalworks narrow bore gel filled, soft like cat paw” 🐱🐈‍⬛ ear tip today!
Can’t wait to fit it with U12t then compare with Eartunes Fidelity U tip. It may be better.. or worse😋

It only took 6 days for Amacon.co.jp to ship this to US. Though, international shipping fee was Takai!(High)
You'll enjoy them. Bass/Mids/Treble/Vocal/Soudstage increases just make sure its not attached to brightly tuned IEMs as it'll increase sibliance and fatigue from my experience.
20230219_182001.jpg
20230217_213835.jpg

Apr 15, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #56,264 of 90,405
Lancelot cable on the way, I'm curious to discover if I can hear an upgrade with Camelot - I'm still a bit of a cable sceptic, but plan to have a diligent approach to testing stock vs Lancelot when it arrives. I've had certainly one, and possibly two scenarios where I've noted significant differences with cables, but I did wonder in the case of the first whether the stock cable was perhaps faulty... it was with Penon Serial, and switching from the stock cable to another (I can't recall now, possibly Athena) was night and day, a huge difference which did as I say leave me to wonder if there might have been an issue with the stock cable.

My plan when Lancelot arrives is to play the same track on stock cable about three times and set out a listening criteria for each listen - i.e. low, mids, and high - plus with a lens on detail, stage etc, then repeat with Lancelot. Any other tips from those of you who already swear by cable upgrades? I always struggle with the duration it takes to actually change the cable, and my auditory memory then fails me... i.e. I think I might detect a difference with something, but can't be certain.

I want to believe :)

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 23.42.45.png

7dbbeb_4360025c538f48949e3140afccbbf2f1_mv2_21fc394b-c2be-454f-8eac-541bc8d69771_2308x1538.jpg

Apr 15, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #56,265 of 90,405
Lancelot cable on the way, I'm curious to discover if I can hear an upgrade with Camelot - I'm still a bit of a cable sceptic, but plan to have a diligent approach to testing stock vs Lancelot when it arrives. I've had certainly one, and possibly two scenarios where I've noted significant differences with cables, but I did wonder in the case of the first whether the stock cable was perhaps faulty... it was with Penon Serial, and switching from the stock cable to another (I can't recall now, possibly Athena) was night and day, a huge difference which did as I say leave me to wonder if there might have been an issue with the stock cable.

My plan when Lancelot arrives is to play the same track on stock cable about three times and set out a listening criteria for each listen - i.e. low, mids, and high - plus with a lens on detail, stage etc, then repeat with Lancelot. Any other tips from those of you who already swear by cable upgrades? I always struggle with the duration it takes to actually change the cable, and my auditory memory then fails me... i.e. I think I might detect a difference with something, but can't be certain.

I want to believe :)

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 23.42.45.png
7dbbeb_4360025c538f48949e3140afccbbf2f1_mv2_21fc394b-c2be-454f-8eac-541bc8d69771_2308x1538.jpg
I like to go through play list with A switch to B then go back to A and that's when I really hear the differences. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back