The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 14, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #56,161 of 91,357
For those of you who enjoy electronic music of the more upbeat variety, but still melodic and complex with numerous layers, this is a really fantastic track (and overall album). I absolutely adore the pounding kick drum when it arrives after the long intro - its like a beating heart that guides the track along with the accompanying synths. Dominik Eulberg is an amazing artist too, always a buy-on-sight artist for me when he releases a new album. Needless to say, I'm loving this right now - N7 and Camelot doing a mighty fine job.

Thanks for sharing, great music with tempo for my running :). However, I noticed that even though you have shared many great music before, they seem to belong to the same category, would I say that in your library, vocal such as singer/songer writer is of a small percentage?

Apr 14, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #56,162 of 91,357
Yeah, I looked it up, it's normal - but still weird haha. Seems to help with sibilance a bit.

There's either a problem with that measurement or something's wrong with that unit. Aromas have a dip in that region but not that much. Also, as a tuner you don't have to cut lower-treble by 20dB in fear of sibilance. Lol! Technically, an IEM should be neutral there to play the song correctly. If the song was mixed poorly and has sibilance, you'll hear it. If it was de-essed properly, then you won't. If one has a major issue with sibilance and wants to avoid it at all costs, a cut of a few dBs will do the job. But 20dB?! :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #56,163 of 91,357
My daily pen is this one (in black but roller ball). I love it so much that I plan to buy the red fountain pen. Design by Marc Newson

Nautilus-01_thumb.jpg.800x800_q90_crop.jpg

Sooo cool ...

Pilot Frixion is my go to pen

1.jpeg
Me: Pens? People collect pens? Other people are so  weird
Also me: I sure am glad I bought this out of production wristwatch that was vaguely associated with a character from a video game from 10 odd years ago that received a mildly popular television adaptation. Totally worth it.
LUMTEC_SUPERCOMBAT_B2_WHOLE5.jpg

Apr 14, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #56,164 of 91,357
There's either a problem with that measurement or something's wrong with that unit. Aromas have a dip in that region but not that much. Also, as a tuner you don't have to cut lower-treble by 20dB in fear of sibilance. Lol! Technically, an IEM should be neutral there to play the song correctly. If the song was mixed poorly and has sibilance, you'll hear it. If it was de-essed properly, then you won't. If one has a major issue with sibilance and wants to avoid it at all costs, a cut of a few dBs will do the job. But 20dB?! :sweat_smile:
Oh, I know my measurement rig is a bit wonky - but not too bad. IEMs seem to work fine.

Apr 14, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #56,165 of 91,357
Cheers my friend. I must say though that more impressive than 1500 posts is your 7500+ likes, the ratio of which more than anything demonstrates the profound value you bring to our community.
Thank you for the wonderful compliment Jeff. I appreciate you.

Apr 14, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #56,166 of 91,357
Thanks for sharing, great music with tempo for my running :). However, I noticed that even though you have shared many great music before, they seem to belong to the same category, would I say that in your library, vocal such as singer/songer writer is of a small percentage?

I listen to a lot of indie, folk, etc but mostly via my 2-channel system or in the car these days… less on IEMs, but increasingly lately on headphones. With IEMs the focus is ambient, modern classical, dub, and numerous other sub genres of electronic music.

A glimpse to my folders on an SD card where I’m transferring tonight to a new card -

F8E0AC00-C992-4305-9DE5-808BA52E835C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 14, 2023 at 7:58 PM Post #56,167 of 91,357
I listen to a lot of indie, folk, etc but mostly via my 2-channel system or in the car these days… less on IEMs, but increasingly lately on headphones. With IEMs the focus is ambient, modern classical, dub, and numerous other sub genres of electronic music.

A glimpse to my folders on an SD card where I’m transferring tonight to a new card -

My library is only half of yours, 108 GB only.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #56,168 of 91,357
Apr 14, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #56,169 of 91,357

Your IEM music is my go-to for sleep and meditation. I say that in a good way......it's chiiiiill. Also sounds great on just about every IEM 🤗

Apr 14, 2023 at 9:14 PM Post #56,173 of 91,357
Crossposting from 634 thread so they can get recognition.

My snakewood LOAK-T open version arrive today with my additional 4.4mm cable. This is going on the burn rack for the weekend. But initial impressions compared to my LOAK-TC, more open soundstage, airy, less bass, more sharpness, clearer. Its more V-shaped. See 634blog here.
20230414_175109.jpg
Musashi-San was kind enough to include the Japanese leather pouch. It smells and feels like real leather, none of that Chifi fake pleather.

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #56,174 of 91,357
Happy Friday. Starting my weekend with these two:

Love both of these! Great choices! Totem being my most used and most loved TGXear.
Is TGX Totem drivable with a DAP?😳 Being a 700 ohm impedence phone, I thought it needed a desktop setting.. Is gold plated copper cable good? Silver plated copper is not a selectable option..
I was eyeing on Bell shaped Ripple(if this will be released), as it would be easier to drive with a DAP.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #56,175 of 91,357
Mine is 2.5Gb. I just got my first high-res music download today.
Glad you popped your cherry! You'll soon find yourself buying the first 1 TB SD card, I am sure of it 😁

In other news, my Totem is on it's way and I am more than excited! :)

@main character: "Is TGX Totem drivable with a DAP?😳"

Jim said to me, it's not hard to drive at all. Ohm are not the sole indicator for that, it all depends on sensitivity as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back