The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 14, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #56,132 of 91,355
For me, fit is usually based on the stiffness/thickness of the inner nozzle, not so much the overall size. I'll use the odin for reference since it's the most "neutral" nozzle wise compared to the Ragnar (deep insert, so smaller tips) and the Indigo (also deep insert and fat nozzle).

For the Odin I typically use Small final audio type E but Medium fit better overall (but i like the slight bass loss for them). The Medium Coreir size seems to fit well with the Odin but the thing to keep in mind is the brass piece is fat and won't conform to anything, so you have to be prepared for a fairly wide (slightly bigger than the end of the odin nozzle) piece of metal to go into your ear. I prefer the medium with Odin, Medium small with the Indigo, absolute no go on the ragnar i think but i haven't tried yet.

Overall I'd say it's equivalent to most mediums or larges, size guide from the back of the box below:

Small 11, MS 12, M 13, L 14 (all mm)
B(vert length) 9.4mm across the board
C (nozzle) 4.4mm
Thank you for your detailed response. I very much appreciate you and the time. I wish they made a sample pack with all sizes. And DANG are they pricey!

Apr 14, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #56,133 of 91,355
I didn't receive a new Fir, AK or anything very exciting this Friday, but I did get this and will listen to flacs thru my Samsung phone for the first time! Edit: put 2 and 2 together and realized I popped the dongle cherry!
20230414_143444.jpg
20230414145212_IMG_8763.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #56,134 of 91,355
If there's any way to get these brass tips in Europe, please tell me. I would like to try them out, but only for a reasonable price.
For me, I used WorldShopping, it cost me a decent penny in shipping but that was to the US, cost may be less or more to EU, not sure.
Thank you for your detailed response. I very much appreciate you and the time. I wish they made a sample pack with all sizes. And DANG are they pricey!
Any time, so far they've been well worth it, especially with the feeling of the BCD becoming more apparent in the indigos. Odin's are still on the fence, waiting to see when my Magnus 8wire comes in to roll with my Ragnars.

Also, forgot to mention since I know it's a pet peeve of some around here, they have a similar "stickiness" as the xelastecs from Azla, not nearly as bad but not as distant as the Spinfit W1s. somewhere in between in the stickiness/softness of the silicone, but i've had no ichyness/burning that xelastecs sometimes gave me.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:17 PM Post #56,135 of 91,355
I've reverted back to the Cayin N7 with Camelot after a long session with LPGT Ti and various single DDs. I've said it already, and will say it again (I think, maybe I just thought about saying it :) ) - Camelot really does hit a sweet spot for me as a multi-driver set that is comparitively 'low cost' versus the most expensive sets... they are one of the most balanced IEMs I've heard, that still have an excellent sense of musical engagement and wonderful technical capability - for those of you who've heard Aroma Thunder, these are what I would consider similar in that they are a highly competent all-rounder, but step up big time in terms of upper extension, details, and overall clarity/air. The N7 has great synergy as the analog signature with some bass boost is very complementary to the balanced Camelot, giving a nice lift to bass and an overall sense of smoothness, but not to the detriment of detail. A large stage, with very distinct layering and imaging, yet wonderful cohesion.

I've switched from stock to the Satin Audio Athena cable, I prefer the ergonomics of this cable - a while since I've used it, glad I dug it out tonight.

IMG_3411.jpg

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #56,136 of 91,355
I've reverted back to the Cayin N7 with Camelot after a long session with LPGT Ti and various single DDs. I've said it already, and will say it again (I think, maybe I just thought about saying it :) ) - Camelot really does hit a sweet spot for me as a multi-driver set that is comparitively 'low cost' versus the most expensive sets... they are one of the most balanced IEMs I've heard, that still have an excellent sense of musical engagement and wonderful technical capability - for those of you who've heard Aroma Thunder, these are what I would consider similar in that they are a highly competent all-rounder, but step up big time in terms of upper extension, details, and overall clarity/air. The N7 has great synergy as the analog signature with some bass boost is very complementary to the balanced Camelot, giving a nice lift to bass and an overall sense of smoothness, but not to the detriment of detail. A large stage, with very distinct layering and imaging, yet wonderful cohesion.

I've switched from stock to the Satin Audio Athena cable, I prefer the ergonomics of this cable - a while since I've used it, glad I dug it out tonight.

IMG_3411.jpg
Hope to hear these one day soon.

I’ll be receiving the N7 for review soonish, looking forward to it!

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #56,137 of 91,355
Anyone heard and noticed the extra bass in Linkin Park's Meteora 20th Anniversary Edition album? Loving the rumble while quietly sobbing on the inside thinking we'll never get to hear more of Chester Bennington. He was one of my favourite singers in rock along with Chris Cornell! :disappointed_relieved:

Oh btw, here I have the RS10 CIEM paired with GUCraftsman's Graphene coated 6N Single Crystal Silver cable and it's really good! It's the brand I had mentioned a few weeks back who make very nice, high quality cables & connectors and price them very fairly, without heavily inflated profit margins. This brand is acclaimed amongst people who know about them but they definitely deserve more attention IMO. I received a couple of cables to try and review from a couple of new and upcoming brands this month, so it's going to be a lot of obsessive A/B testing for me in the coming days. Ha! Luckily flat impedance IEMs like Softears RS10, Custom Art F7/F7U/F5, Symphonium Helios/Triton and 64 Audio U12t make life a bit easier when A/B testing to hear the differences between cables. :smiley:

shanling-m6-ultra-softears-rs10.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #56,138 of 91,355

N7 was a slow burner for me, I honestly thought a few weeks ago that I would part with it pretty quickly - device or brain burn-in, my opinion has changed drastically - I thought it was too smooth and lacked detail at first, boy has that changed since - you get the detail, but you also get a wonderful smooth and again analog delivery... it's highly addictive, and works with every single IEM I've paired with. It is absolutely the DAP that has transformed the most with time for me, especially to go from debating a fast departure, to absolutely loving it as I do now... honestly in bliss tonight along with Camelot.

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #56,139 of 91,355
honestly in bliss tonight
What we all aspire to relish in here at the cooler. Enjoy it my friend!

And thank you for your impressions and sharing your journey with the N7!

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #56,140 of 91,355
Oh btw, here I have the RS10 CIEM paired with GUCraftsman's Graphene coated 6N Single Crystal Silver cable and it's really good! It's the brand I had mentioned a few weeks back who make very nice, high quality cables & connectors and price them very fairly, without heavily inflated profit margins. This brand is acclaimed amongst people who know about them but they definitely deserve more attention IMO. I received a couple of cables to try and review from a couple of new and upcoming brands this month, so it's going to be a lot of obsessive A/B testing for me in the coming days. :sweat_smile: Luckily flat impedance IEMs like Softears RS10, Custom Art F7/F7U/F5, Symphonium Helios/Triton and 64 Audio U12t make life a bit easier when A/B testing to hear the differences between cables. :smiley:

Agreed on GUCraftsmen, an excellent cable that I stumbled across when looking for a cable for my Victor FW10K - I’m now close to buying another for the JVC SW01 headphones.

9298CF1A-FAA5-4350-8D53-CDD4B65884CF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 14, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #56,141 of 91,355

Looking forward to reading your N7 impressions and comparisons to LP6 Ti and P6 Pro!

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #56,142 of 91,355
Agreed on GUCraftsmen, an excellent cable that I stumbled across when looking for a cable for my Victor FW10K - I’m now close to buying another for the JVC SW01 headphones.

9298CF1A-FAA5-4350-8D53-CDD4B65884CF.jpeg
The most beautiful monitor! Another one I’ve always wanted to hear! Jealous!

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #56,143 of 91,355
Looking forward to reading your N7 impressions and comparisons to LP6 Ti and P6 Pro!
Once N7 arrives I will only have the LP6 Ti. I’ll try to give impressions from memory with P6pro but that is always iffy

Apr 14, 2023 at 6:51 PM Post #56,145 of 91,355

IMG_3411.jpg

Glad to see you're enjoying this combo. I want to hear the Camelot.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts when you get the N7! While N8ii is highly resolving, I preferred N7s tuning more with Mentor. Organic mids vs the treble leaning N8ii.

77E3C1DB-5044-4ED2-984A-342C393AA510.jpeg

Happy Friday. Starting my weekend with these two:

74B72B0D-42A8-4958-B325-139911207DAB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back