The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 8, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #55,128 of 89,366
Really? I'd heard that Apple music doesn't work well on Androids. Weird interface or something. Last time I checked them out, they were missing music I liked too. I tried Amazon music, but it didn't sound as good as Tidal - this was a year or two ago now.
I mainly use apple music with androids. Works ok, albums are vast, not sure about your specific music though. The only downside with android device -mobile phone specifically- is it does not do SRC bypass. So even though the file says hi res lossless with let say 96kHz, 192kbps and so on, the phone does not play it even though you hav a dac plug in to it. And a DAC with a screen or led as a confirmation can actually confirms it that the system upsampling or downsampling to only 48kHz.

Best to use apple music with apple devices if you're gonna plug in a dac to it. or use an android based DAP that can do SRC bypass and install apple music to stream.

But there is also a catch,

With bluetooth Android device + apple music will allow you to play LDAC while apple device + apple music will only allow you to play AAC and SBC file.

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #55,129 of 89,366
I mainly use apple music with androids. Works ok, albums are vast, not sure about your specific music though. The only downside with android device -mobile phone specifically- is it does not do SRC bypass. So even though the file says hi res lossless with let say 96kHz, 192kbps and so on, the phone does not play it even though you hav a dac plug in to it. And a DAC with a screen or led as a confirmation can actually confirms it that the system upsampling or downsampling to only 48kHz.

Best to use apple music with apple devices if you're gonna plug in a dac to it. or use an android based DAP that can do SRC bypass and install apple music to stream.

But there is also a catch,

With bluetooth Android device + apple music will allow you to play LDAC while apple device + apple music will only allow you to play AAC and SBC file.
That...was a lot haha. I'd read part of that already online a few minutes ago. I kind of doubt that my DAP will rock Apple music at a good level, so I'm probably sticking with Tidal for now.

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #55,131 of 89,366
That...was a lot haha. I'd read part of that already online a few minutes ago. I kind of doubt that my DAP will rock Apple music at a good level, so I'm probably sticking with Tidal for now.
Yup so to make it easy is you need to get a DAP with android OS and install apple music in it.
You'll play hi res lossless as intended and can also play LDAC if you're using it as a transport.

I see your current source is the HIBY RS8. android 12 and can support third party app. I'm sure it's a breeze to install apple music on it.

Give it a go my friend, try a 1 month subscription and might surprise yourself. (I hope in a good way)

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #55,132 of 89,366
Yup so to make it easy is you need to get a DAP with android OS and install apple music in it.
You'll play hi res lossless as intended and can also play LDAC if you're using it as a transport.

I see your current source is the HIBY RS8. android 12 and can support third party app. I'm sure it's a breeze to install apple music on it.

Give it a go my friend, try a 1 month subscription and might surprise yourself. (I hope in a good way)
Sounds good!

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #55,133 of 89,366
Really? I'd heard that Apple music doesn't work well on Androids. Weird interface or something. Last time I checked them out, they were missing music I liked too. I tried Amazon music, but it didn't sound as good as Tidal - this was a year or two ago now.
Apple music has improved a lot on Android Devices. No more UI issues or app loading.. works great !!

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #55,138 of 89,366
Watercoolers, if anyone in CONUS is interested, I have a like new HE1000se that I would be willing to trade for an Empire Ears Legend Evo. I would also be willing to trade the HE1000se and Cash considerations for an Empire Ears Odyssey.

I am probably going to sell the rest of my Desktop gear as I find myself preferring IEMs over headphones.

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #55,139 of 89,366
Watercoolers, if anyone in CONUS is interested, I have a like new HE1000se that I would be willing to trade for an Empire Ears Legend Evo. I would also be willing to trade the HE1000se and Cash considerations for an Empire Ears Odyssey.

I am probably going to sell the rest of my Desktop gear as I find myself preferring IEMs over headphones.
Me too.the liking iems better part that is

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #55,140 of 89,366
Fir Xe6
EE EVO w/ PlusSound Copper + cable
CA F5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back