The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 24, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #53,656 of 91,358
That is so far from the truth that it’s sad. But, thank you for more or less exhibiting why my second thought occurred to hold off and let others post their impressions first.

I don’t post on this thread much because it moves so fast that I don’t have the time to keep up with it. Feel free to quote all this bashing I do here though.

You’re conveniently always around during an EE “release” and doing your typical hyping. The last post I recall you making that was noteworthy here was about how uninspiring Mentor was. We all know about the EE and UM debacle that happened during the Evo release.

I think it’s awesome you get to try new models and give your 2c on them, you describe IEMs really well… but man, the whole “I have had inside info for a while but I won’t share” thing that you do that surrounds every upcoming EE model gets repetitive and exhausting.

Anyways, I don’t want to take the thread off course with SG impressions right around the corner. Looking forward to reading it all.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:04 PM Post #53,657 of 91,358
I thought this was the friendly thread where all opinions were welcome? Did I say or do something in the past egregious enough to not be able have an opinion here?
Feel free mate...was it an opinion or a tease/suspense making? Sorry if I missed the opinion portion. :)

BTW my opinion and guess is that Raven is a revised Odyssey aimed to be an Odin MKii.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:06 PM Post #53,658 of 91,358
Feel free mate...was it an opinion or a tease/suspense making? Sorry if I missed the opinion portion. :)

BTW my opinion and guess is that Raven is a revised Odyssey aimed to be an Odin MKii.

I’m curious about what their plans are for the mid tier market assuming this is another “flagship” priced model.

Their last two releases were both over $3000, looks like this one is heading in that direction too? 🤔 Been a long time for a new CIEM too. 🥲

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:12 PM Post #53,659 of 91,358
I’m curious about what their plans are for the mid tier market assuming this is another “flagship” priced model.

Their last two releases were both over $3000, looks like this one is heading in that direction too? 🤔 Been a long time for a new CIEM too. 🥲
I remember when LX was TOTL...now is Mid-tier. I wouldn't be surprised if one day LX gets a MkII and becomes 3k+ IEM as well. But I'm holding on to it until EE prove me they can make it "better". (thicker shells are welcomed as well)

All hail the king LX.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #53,660 of 91,358
I remember when LX was TOTL...now is Mid-tier. I wouldn't be surprised if one day LX gets a MkII and becomes 3k+ IEM as well. But I'm holding on to it until EE prove me they can make it "better". (thicker shells are welcomed as well)

All hail the king LX.

At this point I wouldn’t be upset to see an LX MK2 even if it was priced significantly higher!

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #53,661 of 91,358
You’re conveniently always around during an EE “release” and doing your typical hyping. The last post I recall you making that was noteworthy here was about how uninspiring Mentor was. We all know about the EE and UM debacle that happened during the Evo release.

I think it’s awesome you get to try new models and give your 2c on them, you describe IEMs really well… but man, the whole “I have had inside info for a while but I won’t share” thing that you do that surrounds every upcoming EE model gets repetitive and exhausting.

Anyways, I don’t want to take the thread off course with SG impressions right around the corner. Looking forward to reading it all.

First and foremost I appreciate the compliment.

I can see how that may be the perception in a snap shot but in reality, I’m just busy and got a break from work the past few days. Also, to be completely honest, I wanted to share the objective behind Raven, not impressions or hype but decided after I posted a comment that it would be better to wait. There’s some who have jaded opinions about me which is fine but that’s why I’d rather see EE have an organic release before saying anything. It’s not about me, never has been. It’s about EE getting a fair shake without outside influence before a canjam. Having a bit of exclusive access or knowledge like you mentioned is awesome but I’m not a rep, promoter or anything deeply tied to EE. I just enjoy their products due to the house sound and enjoy new gear that benefits my listening experiences.

I honestly didn’t care for mentor. I actually preferred the Mest MKII which I feel is solid for the price. But at the end of the day, let’s be real, there’s plenty of brands in this thread who receive hype. Much of which is warranted. It’s the nature of the beast in this hobby and shouldn’t be exclusive to one but not the other. Sorry if my passion for a particular brand offended anyone.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #53,662 of 91,358
6FD57857-3271-4180-B7AC-70C52B696EB0.jpeg
7351EE95-89ED-4A3C-93B1-DC9F19B41ED4.jpeg

Kicking off listening at CJ SG at Jaben SG booth with the FIR RN6

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #53,663 of 91,358
I thought this was the friendly thread where all opinions were welcome?

Indeed. But nobody likes being wound up, manipulated or flexed. Opinions of all stripes are welcome here when they are sincere and don't come off like a sales pitch or an opportunistic ploy to generate hype for a product right before a major audio show. I'm not questioning the sincerity of your love of EE, but at the same time I totally understand why you got the reaction you did.

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #53,664 of 91,358
More photos of Brise at the Jaben SG booth at CJ SG

5A4A292F-6D61-4077-B2A2-23DDD2CA89E2.jpeg
40F12BBD-1A08-4D7A-A757-0CCD82A6AE0A.jpeg

Mar 24, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #53,665 of 91,358
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #53,666 of 91,358
Figured this will get lost with the SG CanJam excitement. I had my friends bring over some listening gear, since I've been camped out in the hospital, and jotted down novice casual listening impressions of Rn6 and Xe6 in the FiR thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fir-audio-thread-discussion-and-impressions.910581/post-17476268
if "camped in the hospital" means you have been sick... take care there mate and get better asap. :)

6FD57857-3271-4180-B7AC-70C52B696EB0.jpeg7351EE95-89ED-4A3C-93B1-DC9F19B41ED4.jpeg

Kicking off listening at CJ SG at Jaben SG booth with the FIR RN6
RN6! curious for that one...looking closely the new cable...that really looks like an Code 23 child. :p

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:12 AM Post #53,667 of 91,358
if "camped in the hospital" means you have been sick... take care there mate and get better asap. :)

RN6! curious for that one...looking closely the new cable...that really looks like an Code 23 child. :p

Thank you and will do, mate!

Ja, the pure silver silver, oxygen copper shielded cable was exclusively designed and built for the Rn6. It's a pretty great f'ing silver cable, lightweight and ergonomic, though blackish brown translucent insulation is a little tacky. TLDR; one of the best OEM cable I've handled and listened – sonically close to ET's Plato/Illiad.

Mar 25, 2023 at 12:41 AM Post #53,668 of 91,358
Indeed. But nobody likes being wound up, manipulated or flexed. Opinions of all stripes are welcome here when they are sincere and don't come off like a sales pitch or an opportunistic ploy to generate hype for a product right before a major audio show. I'm not questioning the sincerity of your love of EE, but at the same time I totally understand why you got the reaction you did.
As much as I can understand that sentiment, my opinions are always sincere and no one here can disqualify that. If anyone thinks I’m attempting to be an opportunistic hack or hype beast, please disregard me and look elsewhere for references.

Enjoy Canjam SG folks.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #53,670 of 91,358
Got a question for my watercooler friends... I am curious to add a multi-DD IEM to my collection.
I already committed to get @Chang 's amazing Singularity, so do not want to spend megabucks on the multi-DD IEM (read: Trifecta is not a contender).
What are the thoughts here on:
UM 3DT for $399 (3DD)
Penon Serial for $299 (3DD)
7Hz Legato for $109 (2DD)

I prefer not to shell $800 for getting all 3, so looking for some wisdom here on those so I can choose 1 (or maybe other multi-DD contenders?)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back