The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #44,641 of 88,419
Todays toy 🤭

280E06B0-6C3E-4517-B86A-9A91D5DDD4BE.jpeg

Dec 29, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #44,642 of 88,419
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #44,643 of 88,419
While I was unboxing the RS8, I took the opportunity to snap up some pics of ET's cable catalog that is included in the Parnassus Series.

This one is for @Rockwell75

There's the familiar line – Fortitude, Prudence, Socrates, Plato, Iliad, Aeneid and the P8 Projects. The latest catalog has signatures for recent Project 8 Plato and Plato x Socrates.

And a special shout out at the end for the OTL'rs

It's bad I want the Tyrian just for the color, right? If the HK version of the Evo hadn't been so difficult to get, I bet they'd have made a complimentary pairing.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #44,644 of 88,419
It's bad I want the Tyrian just for the color, right? If the HK version of the Evo hadn't been so difficult to get, I bet they'd have made a complimentary pairing.

Haha, we’re allowed to be superficial 🤭

@Rockwell75 sourced his from HK a couple of months ago. Only a couple left? Can’t recall if I’ve seen any pop up in the classifieds.

It’s a gorgeous cable. Dr Juggles designed a purple one for a Cooler member to go with their EXT I believe.

Dec 29, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #44,645 of 88,419
Todays toy 🤭

280E06B0-6C3E-4517-B86A-9A91D5DDD4BE.jpeg
Looking forward to your review. Though I don't have very high hope since Thieaudio is like early day Oneplus phone, the best praise it can garner is punching much higher above its price, rather than wow factor as innovator.

Dec 29, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #44,646 of 88,419
You mean y'all don't get cables because it looks pretty? That's pretty much my standard

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:06 PM Post #44,649 of 88,419
Haha, we’re allowed to be superficial 🤭

@Rockwell75 sourced his from HK a couple of months ago. Only a couple left? Can’t recall if I’ve seen any pop up in the classifieds.

It’s a gorgeous cable. Dr Juggles designed a purple one for a Cooler member to go with their EXT I believe.
I wrote him to ask about his cables but no reply. Honestly no idea what he charges. Are we talking a few hundred or several thousand? Is he able to work with budgets?

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #44,650 of 88,419
Looking forward to your review. Though I don't have very high hope since Thieaudio is like early day Oneplus phone, the best praise it can garner is punching much higher above its price, rather than wow factor as innovator.

I spent maybe 15 mins with it so far before my family came over. I doubt I’ll post anything outside of some short impressions… which are:

It’s decently well tuned, mid bassy with a decent rumble, upper mids are slightly veiled to me, lots of treble but it’s pretty linear and non peaky.. There’s probably too much air but I don’t mind it. Soundstage is quite intimate and lacks a sense of openness/expansion. It’s bordering on what I would consider congested.

Idk, I find them kinda boring and sort of just… playing music. I need to listen more but I can’t see my overall impressions changing. I’m very impressed with the accessories and build/fit of the IEM.

Overall it’s a good IEM but doesn’t really have anything about it that makes me want to pick it up and listen to it. It reminds me of a lower tier version of Elysian Annihilator with way less technical chops and with less clarity in the mids.

Sorry, I know that’s not very helpful.

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #44,653 of 88,419
Also… if anyone wants to buy the Prestige give me a shout. These aren’t something I feel I need to own. :)
Something something revolving door 😂

Dec 29, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #44,655 of 88,419

Users who are viewing this thread

Back