The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Nov 27, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #41,086 of 91,357
Gratuitous post to ring the 1500 post bell. May as well make it here! :sunglasses: :beerchug:

I'll need to get my arse to CJ for a badge. :beyersmile:

Nov 27, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #41,088 of 91,357
Eric is such a nice guy. He sent this as a gift after my wife was finally awarded a big grant of research funding from the national cancer fund, something that took years and dozens of grant applications (competition for research funding in science is murderous). He also supported an earlier fundraiser for her research by allowing me to use my Leonidas II review sample (he was still working at EA at the time) as the prize in a charity raffle. Real class! 👌
And that's exactly the type of business I like to support. :sunglasses:
Makes me feel bad that I bought a PWA cable while I was doing my very best waiting for Eric's upcoming but delayed Socrates 8 cable 😥 Helping out others is what makes the world go 'round!

Back in my two channel days, I loved NAD.
In my previous life I happened to sell NAD which was our entry level into "higher-fi". Fantastic to see peoples' initially disturbing reactions to NADs very understated and even plasticky looking products that they had at the time, and then coming out of a listening session with a grin from ear to ear and becoming a fan for life.

drftr

Nov 28, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #41,089 of 91,357
Back in my two channel days, I loved NAD.

This is a great documentary about a HiFi Company after 50 years.

Awesome, I'll watch that later. Think I had a NAD amp between Arcam and Audiolab / Tag McLaren back in the day after the old man recommended it. Their master series was serious stuff!

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #41,091 of 91,357
Hello everyone, hope y'all are safe and doing fine 🙏🏻🙂

I'm thoroughly confused between Traillii/Viking Ragnar/Damascus Sultan. I heard the Traillii at a meet-up and fell in love with it (after EQing the bass to lift it up a bit).

But I own a Kublai Khan and have an AKxEE Odyssey incoming in a few days, which I'd be using with a Kann Max and FTS 4.4 cable.

I love the Traillii's vocals, but hated it's bass initially, but after listening to it with some EQ applied to it's bass, especially the sub bass region, I felt I could use it on a greater variety of genres. But I love Kublai Khan's balance right off the bat as well.

I have the budget for a used Traillii or a brand new Ragnar. I'll be grateful to this group of someone could guide me wrt their opinions on the comparison between these 3 iems (KK, Ragnar and Traillii).

Regards,
Vishy

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #41,092 of 91,357
Hello everyone, hope y'all are safe and doing fine 🙏🏻🙂

I'm thoroughly confused between Traillii/Viking Ragnar/Damascus Sultan. I heard the Traillii at a meet-up and fell in love with it (after EQing the bass to lift it up a bit).

But I own a Kublai Khan and have an AKxEE Odyssey incoming in a few days, which I'd be using with a Kann Max and FTS 4.4 cable.

I love the Traillii's vocals, but hated it's bass initially, but after listening to it with some EQ applied to it's bass, especially the sub bass region, I felt I could use it on a greater variety of genres. But I love Kublai Khan's balance right off the bat as well.

I have the budget for a used Traillii or a brand new Ragnar. I'll be grateful to this group of someone could guide me wrt their opinions on the comparison between these 3 iems (KK, Ragnar and Traillii).

Regards,
Vishy
You can take a look at comparison between KK and Traillii in my review https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/noble-audio-kublai-khan.25955/review/29582/

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #41,093 of 91,357
Next survey. I dare starting one.

Which IEM or DAP are you most likely going to purchase before the end of the year?

From my end: Hiby RS8 and Custom Fibae 5
IEM: I have a Z1R and Ripples incoming. Hoping somehow to get Anni though not sure if it will arrive before the end of the year!
DAP: I have a M2 and RS8 incoming.
And that's exactly the type of business I like to support. :sunglasses:
Indeed. OTL and Aeneid incoming!

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #41,094 of 91,357
Gratuitous post to ring the 1500 post bell. May as well make it here! :sunglasses: :beerchug:

I'll need to get my arse to CJ for a badge. :beyersmile:
Congratulations on becoming a Supremus!

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #41,095 of 91,357
Makes me feel bad that I bought a PWA cable while I was doing my very best waiting for Eric's upcoming but delayed Socrates 8 cable 😥 Helping out others is what makes the world go 'round!
No worries on that. Knowing how this hobby works I am sure that soon enough you will find another excuse for why you "really, really, absolutely need" a new cable added to your collection. Then you can still check out Eletech's offerings. 😜

Nov 28, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #41,097 of 91,357
The Gold Bar has a copper chassis and is then plated in gold. It has enhanced power supply filtering, and better shielding thanks to the copper chassis. Otherwise, the features are the same.

That's correct, thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 28, 2022 at 5:26 AM Post #41,098 of 91,357
That's correct, thanks!
Am I wrong in that it had 2 more capacitors or some other sort of chips?😉
I believe someone made a comparison of internals here.

Nov 28, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #41,100 of 91,357
Hello Folks! Hope you all are doing fine.

I see some chatter regarding Noble Sultan in the last few messages :)

Is there anyone who can help me understand the difference between Noble Sultan regular as well as Damascus edition, in terms of sound? from a brief listening, I do like the sound signature on regular Sultan, But i'm curious to know what is the Sound Signature on Damascus and how different is it as compared to Sultan regular, if at all.

Great help if someone has tried both and can share with me. Cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back