The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #38,101 of 90,229
We had a small audio meet at my home today. Got to meet @Acebee and another fellow audiophile. AceBee brought his 634ears Loak-T(CL) with effect audio Ares cable.

Interesting iem, huge cylindrical shells, but good bass slam and lovely smooth treble. But that driver flex is real hehe!!

18D620C2-E9E5-487D-B1C9-BE5C9BE46B48.jpeg

89A30E2E-275A-4EC2-BC6D-C9D773C7F77F.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #38,102 of 90,229
Ok let me put a spoiler right now - I don’t know if it is something with my pair of KK, Venom cable, N8ii or their overall synergy but I do hear a noticeable high frequency sound resembling VHF radio transmission when you are trying to tune to som station on some tracks.
I don’t hear it using RU6 for example or stock cable or 1960 one.
Using other DAPs also has not reveal such issue.
Mayme Venom accentuates some noise from N8ii circuit with KK piezo driver.
Or it flexes (do piezo driver flex at all?) at some specific gain levels? I don’t know but that’s what I hear.
Not that it's any help but I had the exact same thing when demoing an RS6. So it may be a DAP issue. I also remember the shop owner switched "something" off in the settings after which it disappeared. There's plenty of N8ii owners here that could confirm.
I haven't experienced this with KK and Venom but I have experienced it a couple of times with one IEM (Aroma Thunder) using N8ii so it seems to be something to do with the DAP rather than the IEM or cable. I could connect Thunder to any other source using the same cables and not have the same interference but as soon as I connected it to the 4.4mm on the N8ii it happened. I no longer have Thunder and it doesn't happen with any other IEMs I currently have so I can't test it further, unfortunately.

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #38,103 of 90,229
I haven't experienced this with KK and Venom but I have experienced it a couple of times with one IEM (Aroma Thunder) using N8ii so it seems to be something to do with the DAP rather than the IEM or cable. I could connect Thunder to any other source using the same cables and not have the same interference but as soon as I connected it to the 4.4mm on the N8ii it happened. I no longer have Thunder and it doesn't happen with any other IEMs I currently have so I can't test it further, unfortunately.
Since it happens on the N8ii and RS6 it may be a Cayin thing?

drftr

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #38,104 of 90,229
We had a small audio meet at my home today. Got to meet @Acebee and another fellow audiophile. AceBee brought his 634ears Loak-T(CL) with effect audio Ares cable.

Interesting iem, huge cylindrical shells, but good bass slam and lovely smooth treble. But that driver flex is real hehe!!

18D620C2-E9E5-487D-B1C9-BE5C9BE46B48.jpeg
89A30E2E-275A-4EC2-BC6D-C9D773C7F77F.jpeg
Looks like a fun meetup!
Hopefully i'll get to meet some friends here as well in the future 🥹

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #38,105 of 90,229
Unfortunately impossible to find in Asia AFAIK... Will keep your suggestion in mind nevertheless!
can get it from musicteck, they ship quite fast. I got it from them too

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #38,107 of 90,229
Have any of you Supermoon owners cable rolled Supermoon? Please reply with your recommended cable and it's composition( silver , SPC, copper ??)

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #38,108 of 90,229
Tea time, with Supermoon.

So far hearing detail, first up violin and piano acoustic guitar with lower register chords than sparkly upper chords. Finger picking style.

Besides this music sounding like the sunrise waiting to meet the hustle and bustle of busy bees, the SM is presenting lots of detail.

Not at all hard to listen too so far, my standard Sedna Large short wide bore tips are seated tight. I do think I am picking up the fingernails clicking on strings as more present than other sets.

Will hit various types of instruments and ensembles before I can offer more representation of what sets SM apart for me.

81C3F627-FF56-44DA-8292-283E798BC5AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #38,109 of 90,229
Just reading @Damz87 review for the Kublai Khan. Luckily (?) he mentions mosts things that I noted too so I may not need new ears after all! Quick question though (also for @metaljem77) and partly repeating a question I have been asked too: Have you found any great cable taking off a little bit of the brightness up top, perhaps adding a little bit more warmth to the mids, and ideally adding a tiny little bit of volume to lower mids and upper bass? Not that I'm over-asking... 😎

Just seeing that in Singapore they're actually priced below the official US price so I've been tapping the table for a little while now.

drftr
I’ve not tried Venom, and I’m not sure if FT fits your budget. For me, my fav cable pairing with KK is FT - retains the bass, detail retrieval (which I find KK competent in) and “sweetens” the sparkling treble… but as I like to say, don’t convert to a cable believer, it’s my inexplicable and intoxicating reality 😈

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #38,110 of 90,229
I’ve not tried Venom, and I’m not sure if FT fits your budget. For me, my fav cable pairing with KK is FT - retains the bass, detail retrieval (which I find KK competent in) and “sweetens” the sparkling treble… but as I like to say, don’t convert to a cable believer, it’s my inexplicable and intoxicating reality 😈
Have you tried FT with Ragnar? From my experience with FT and various IEMs FT should suit Ragnar well, make the mids a little thicker and a little more forward, increase the amount of sub bass and make the treble softer and rounder with a slight increase in treble weight. Could that be true? Looking forward to testing it myself soon :)

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #38,111 of 90,229
I love how I post these all the time and no one says nothing ! @SteveK27 mentions it once gets immediate attention :p. LOL THEY ARE THE BEST TIPS PERIOD !!! thank you for ocming to my ted talk !
Ordered a set of various clears and a set of black large. Thank you for the recommendation . Bought on Ebay. Expensive, but...........

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #38,112 of 90,229
FT is the best I've heard so far, but AND losing money on my U18t AND buying the Kublai Khan AND FT is a bit much for me.

drftr

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #38,113 of 90,229
Have any of you Supermoon owners cable rolled Supermoon? Please reply with your recommended cable and it's composition( silver , SPC, copper ??)

I use the Eletech Victoria which is gold plated copper...quite nice. I would stay away from silver personally.

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #38,114 of 90,229
I use the Eletech Victoria which is gold plated copper...quite nice. I would stay away from silver personally.
It sounds good to me with the pure silver from CFA. But I'll try it with other cables, incoming.

Oct 15, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #38,115 of 90,229
It sounds good to me with the pure silver from CFA. But I'll try it with other cables, incoming.

That's good to hear. I find sometimes silver can enhance sharpness in the highs...but I've never heard it with SM. The only cable other than Victoria and the stock that I've tried is the Ode to Laura and I did not like that at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back