The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Oct 7, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #37,366 of 90,578
I sold them a few years ago, but they were great sounding, U shaped sound though the mids were not too recessed and were very smooth. AMT tweeter with the 13mm DD gave them both low end punch and sparkling highs. Unfortunately, with the design, I could never keep them sealed in my large ear canals and they would literally fall out of my ears unless I sat motionless! LOL
For me, I found the best option for landing with a cable through the ear. When I use a custom cable, it's still very comfortable.

But for some reason, direct landing is not suitable. Selection of the tip, compact shell - everything suggests that it should be convenient. But no, you have to correct it often.

Oct 7, 2022 at 6:48 AM Post #37,368 of 90,578
Aren't leaner mid bass and lower mids one of the main reasons that the technicals can come across as excellent? I thought too much warmth in those areas often is a burden for a top notch presentation. But perhaps that's too much of a generalization?

drftr
This is a generalization only because there are exceptions.

As a rule, warmth masks the speed, definition and, finally, the variability of the instruments. Micro component. That is, any bass sounds approximately the same. A bass guitar is not much different from a double bass, different hits on the drums sound the same...

However, first of all, modern manufacturers have learned to emphasize the bass in such a way that it does less harm to the technical component.
Secondly, I am very critical of IEMs with an emphasis on bass, and it was a pleasant surprise for me that Traillii, despite the unequivocal presence of an accent, in some strange way do not allow it to spoil the technical component.

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:20 AM Post #37,370 of 90,578
He probably didn't do any research, but they might be the first pure amt driven iems
And again no.
It's just that this manufacturer wants to be the first, not really interested in whether someone was earlier.
So, only "the first mass-produced full-range AMT IEM".
Because a few years ago I was using full-range AMT IEMs that were made by a local master.
Moreover, it was a huge driver by IEM standards - about 10 x 15 mm (I don't remember the exact size).
But they were released in a very small batch, only a few copies.

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #37,371 of 90,578
And again no.
It's just that this manufacturer wants to be the first, not really interested in whether someone was earlier.
So, only "the first mass-produced full-range AMT IEM".
Because a few years ago I was using full-range AMT IEMs that were made by a local master.
Moreover, it was a huge driver by IEM standards - about 10 x 15 mm (I don't remember the exact size).
But they were released in a very small batch, only a few copies.
Very interesting! How did you like them? :)

Oct 7, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #37,372 of 90,578
I think that if you had a Softears Turii Ti, a Supermoon and a Jewel you would pretty much have this hobby covered, unless you are a true basshead

Oct 7, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #37,373 of 90,578
Very interesting! How did you like them? :)
Very realistic and natural sound. They were pretty even in tuning, had a good macro with a good body.
However, without noticeable accents on bass or treble. High frequencies are rather comfortable. In terms of the fact that they are fast and detailed, not dark, but not prone to irritation.
The stage is not very big. It is rather deep, but the width is medium.
Sensitivity to the cable is present, but not excessive. Finally, demanding to the source. They respond well to players that provide enough current at the output.
However, they were open and it was not my form factor. So I let them go.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:19 AM Post #37,375 of 90,578
I wish I compared my Indigos with noble kublai Khan and softears turii ti xD
Why? I have the first two, the third incoming but will take a few weeks.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #37,376 of 90,578
This design and sound is really interesting.
It's not quite my thing and in the end their first player wasn't a hit, but it had a lot of interesting solutions.
If it wasn't so slow I might buy it again. Its volume control is pure magic.
Android 4 and specific UI was not for everybody. Even today, this DAP gets lots of love from me and its sound quality is just awesome. Never listened to any DAP that sounded so analog. I can get over the M’s shortcomings, but not everyone can and that’s understandable.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #37,378 of 90,578
I think that if you had a Softears Turii Ti, a Supermoon and a Jewel you would pretty much have this hobby covered, unless you are a true basshead
Well, besides the bass heavy IEMs such as Odyssey, for me there is still a gap unfilled: Mason for the Mids.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #37,379 of 90,578
Very realistic and natural sound. They were pretty even in tuning, had a good macro with a good body.
However, without noticeable accents on bass or treble. High frequencies are rather comfortable. In terms of the fact that they are fast and detailed, not dark, but not prone to irritation.
The stage is not very big. It is rather deep, but the width is medium.
Sensitivity to the cable is present, but not excessive. Finally, demanding to the source. They respond well to players that provide enough current at the output.
However, they were open and it was not my form factor. So I let them go.
Sounds just like a hard to drive planar.

Oct 7, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #37,380 of 90,578

Users who are viewing this thread

Back