The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 21, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #29,821 of 91,080
For those interested in STORM.

"STORM shell is 3d printed titanium. The faceplate has a very nice twist that pays justice to STORM's status as a summit-fi and luxury product.

The shell design is overall very different from Helios and Triton. STORM nozzle is much shorter and the fit will be much more comfortable overall. The shell isn't small but it has been optimised for comfort."

Jul 21, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #29,822 of 91,080
For those of you that like good Country Music, or those that have not ever heard any PLUS Grace Potter

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #29,823 of 91,080
If anything, I am extremely impressed by how the likes of IER-Z1R, KSE1500 & arguable even the IE900 vastly outperform the price they command.
Or...the current crop of summit-fi IEMs are underperforming relative to the above for their price points (with a few exceptions, possibly).

That said, both Sony and Sennheiser are significantly larger and more cash-flush than the boutique makers of today's summit-fis, so economies of scale do play a role.

But to your point, I sometimes feel some of the newer models command their price tags partly - or even mostly - because they offer something 'new' rather than necessarily outperforming the veterans.

Jul 21, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #29,824 of 91,080
Or...the current crop of summit-fi IEMs are underperforming relative to the above for their price points (with a few exceptions, possibly).
Not sure how you conclude that. It seems the current crop of summit fi IEMs are doing fine in the rankings.

Jul 21, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #29,825 of 91,080
Got these last night and got the Treble enhancing version installed on my Aroma Audio Thunder. Seems like a different IEM in ways from when I had the ALZA Sedna's on. Edges seem more defined and the sound seems a bit opened up as well. I have the SpinFit W1 coming as well. I will see how I like those but I am liking these quite a bit at the moment.

IMG_3154.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #29,826 of 91,080
I think Elise Audio has expectations of having the Storm at CanJam London.
I hope this means that Headphones.com has it at CanJam Socal. Would love to hear it.

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #29,828 of 91,080
Does the Max fit on regular iem's or are they only for wireless earbuds?? :rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:
There is Max standard, it fits well with both my Z1R and Sony WF-1000xm4

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #29,829 of 91,080
Got these last night and got the Treble enhancing version installed on my Aroma Audio Thunder. Seems like a different IEM in ways from when I had the ALZA Sedna's on. Edges seem more defined and the sound seems a bit opened up as well. I have the SpinFit W1 coming as well. I will see how I like those but I am liking these quite a bit at the moment.

IMG_3154.jpg
I have it but I didn’t try on Thunder or I don’t remeber, let me know how is W1.
Didn’t you like aroma’s stock tips?

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #29,830 of 91,080
I have the bass enhancing version installed on my Thunder.

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #29,831 of 91,080
I have it but I didn’t try on Thunder or I don’t remeber, let me know how is W1.
Didn’t you like aroma’s stock tips?
I didn't even try them. My reasoning is I try to find something I like that I can always go back too... not sure how to buy Aroma's stock tips and I change my tips every few months.

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #29,832 of 91,080

IMG_3154.jpg

My go-to choice for tips the vast majority of the time, love them - always an unopened pack in reserve!

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #29,833 of 91,080

Xe6 has landed
Shoutout to Michael Colongo for the molds. He did a fantastic job - these are easily the best-fitting customs I’ve had, and I’ve had a bunch.

If anyone in the Miami or South Florida area is looking to have molds taken, your ears will be in good hands with Michael.

*meant to edit my original post…oops.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #29,834 of 91,080
I prefer Xelastec to to tanchjim treble tips, stock tips are warmer, SD++ are very good but have less sub bass.
Mest Mk2 tips not bad also
Epro horn doesnt match at all and Azla short/long aren’t my choice.
Maybe I’ll buy Crystal or new Azla model, forgot name

Jul 21, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #29,835 of 91,080
Would be interested to hear your comparison of the Ampersand and the C9. Especially with full sized headphones

I love both of them. The Ampersand is great when you have a need for power and current. It really sounds good with Susvara and 1266TC with a form factor suitable for travel. if you want to travel with a Susvara, I have encountered no better option than the Ampersand.

The C9 is better for my other headphones since it has tube timbre and more features. If I didn't own the Susvara or 1266TC, I would have been fine with the C9 and preferred it because it makes more of my headphones sound great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back