The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Jul 28, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #2,041 of 88,440
This book is awesome.

And since we're on the topic I can't help but share the most hilarious book I came across in Japan and probably one of the all time funnier examples of hilarious Asian-English language translations. Ladies and gentlemen I give you "How to goodbye depression..."

From the description:

"I think constricting anus 100 times and denting navel 100 times in succession everyday is effective to good-bye depression and take back youth. You can do so at a boring meeting or in a subway. I have known 70-year-old man who has practiced it for 20 years. As a result, he has good complexion and has grown 20 years younger. His eyes sparkle. He is full of vigor, happiness and joy. He has neither complained nor born a grudge under any circumstance. Furthermore, he can make fcuk three times in succession without drawing out.In addition, he also can have burned a strong beautiful fire within his abdomen. It can burn out the dirty stickiness of his body, release his immaterial fiber or third attention which has been confined to his stickiness. Then, he can shoot out his immaterial fiber or third attention to an object, concentrate on it and attain happy lucky feeling through the success of concentration.If you don't know concentration which gives you peculiar pleasure, your life looks like a hell."
It was a tight squeeze, but I was able to fit a copy into my.....

budget! -- get your minds outta da gutta!

LOL

Jul 28, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2,043 of 88,440
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #2,044 of 88,440
This book is awesome.

And since we're on the topic I can't help but share the most hilarious book I came across in Japan and probably one of the all time funnier examples of hilarious Asian-English language translations. Ladies and gentlemen I give you "How to goodbye depression..."

From the description:

"I think constricting anus 100 times and denting navel 100 times in succession everyday is effective to good-bye depression and take back youth. You can do so at a boring meeting or in a subway. I have known 70-year-old man who has practiced it for 20 years. As a result, he has good complexion and has grown 20 years younger. His eyes sparkle. He is full of vigor, happiness and joy. He has neither complained nor born a grudge under any circumstance. Furthermore, he can make fcuk three times in succession without drawing out.In addition, he also can have burned a strong beautiful fire within his abdomen. It can burn out the dirty stickiness of his body, release his immaterial fiber or third attention which has been confined to his stickiness. Then, he can shoot out his immaterial fiber or third attention to an object, concentrate on it and attain happy lucky feeling through the success of concentration.If you don't know concentration which gives you peculiar pleasure, your life looks like a hell."

Next time I'm meditating I will be constricting my anus x 100. After all, Buddha did expound mindfulness of the body, in all its parts, even the more grotesque and unsightly...

I'm pretty sure the author was referencing mindfulness here...I hope...

Thanks for the inspiration pal!

Edit: Ok I read that paragraph in full and I'm really lost for words, 'he can make **** three times in succession without drawing out'...'immaterial fibre'...'stickiness'...

This certainly isn't in the Tripitaka...

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #2,046 of 88,440
I was only able to get to 27 on my 1st try. So bummed.

Just be mindful of that feeling and you're back on track again. Keep on clenching!

Jul 28, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #2,047 of 88,440
Edit: Ok I read that paragraph in full and I'm really lost for words,

Are you sure it's not your third attention confined to your stickiness?

I've been laughing & shaking my head at this book for 20 years now and it doesn't make any more sense than the first time I read it. I want to buy it just to have it sitting on my coffee table.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #2,048 of 88,440
Probably the most 90s thing ever recorded.

In other news I'm craving a new IEM. Logically I don't really need one...but you know how it is. Part of me thinks I should round out my collection with an all BA IEM. The Campfire Holocene is high on my list to try out.

Edit: FIbae 7 too.
Once again I'm following your lead again and have a Lady Isabelle on the way, what tips and cable did you prefer?

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #2,049 of 88,440
Are you sure it's not your third attention confined to your stickiness?

I've been laughing & shaking my head at this book for 20 years now and it doesn't make any more sense than the first time I read it. I want to buy it just to have it sitting on my coffee table.

That would be great. Share it with your guests and one person at a time make the world a less depressed place.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #2,050 of 88,440
Once again I'm following your lead again and have a Lady Isabelle on the way, what tips and cable did you prefer?

Nice! I like regular Sednas and have been mostly using the stock cable. I have a PW #10 that works really well with it too. Can't wait for your thoughts :)

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #2,051 of 88,440
Man I wish. I could purchase another $1K IEM and the total cost of my collection would then only be about .6 the cost of the Bird. The Fibae 7 is the longest standing "on my radar" IEM...I should just purchase one already.
I have both the Isabelle andymn Softears Turii on their way for a direct comparison. Our friend with great taste in Japan fell
It's the cable that came with the Oriolus MKii, the predecessor to the Reborn. I ordered one at the same time I ordered the PW#10 that I ended up using on the Reborn. I was going to put it on the Geek Wold (part of me still cannot take that name seriously) but it says Oriolus on the chin slider so I'm trying it out on Isa. The cable is a little stiffer than I like but otherwise so far so good. It's too bad Crassi didn't ship with a 4.4 cable-- it would suck having to break the color coordination (unless you could find a 4.4 version of the stock cable separately).
Geek Wold sounds like somebody with a bad lisp trying to say geek world. 😈

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #2,052 of 88,440
I have both the Isabelle andymn Softears Turii on their way for a direct comparison. Our friend with great taste in Japan fell

Geek Wold sounds like somebody with a bad lisp trying to say geek world. 😈
I’m super curious about the Turii myself! I will
Be looking forward to your comparison.

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #2,053 of 88,440
I was only able to get to 27 on my 1st try. So bummed.
Let your belt out a notch and give it another shot, like the little train that could!

Jul 28, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #2,054 of 88,440
Nice! I like regular Sednas and have been mostly using the stock cable. I have a PW #10 that works really well with it too. Can't wait for your thoughts :)
Just sold my PW#10, but I'm thinking the Socrates will be a great match.

Jul 28, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #2,055 of 88,440
Next time I'm meditating I will be constricting my anus x 100. After all, Buddha did expound mindfulness of the body, in all its parts, even the more grotesque and unsightly...

I'm pretty sure the author was referencing mindfulness here...I hope...

Thanks for the inspiration pal!

Edit: Ok I read that paragraph in full and I'm really lost for words, 'he can make **** three times in succession without drawing out'...'immaterial fibre'...'stickiness'...

This certainly isn't in the Tripitaka...
Seems more like tantra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back