The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
May 26, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #751 of 1,222
And, to add to my post above, what would you folks say about the 'typical Japanese audiophile' who carries a stack of at least three devices or upwards in his/ her portable stack? I recently saw on the Fujiya Avic pics a gentleman traveling with a seven device stack!

May 26, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #752 of 1,222
And, to add to my post above, what would you folks say about the 'typical Japanese audiophile' who carries a stack of at least three devices or upwards in his/ her portable stack? I recently saw on the Fujiya Avic pics a gentleman traveling with a seven device stack!

I would say "what are the 4 devices after the player, DAC and amp? Is one of them a bomb?" :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #753 of 1,222

I would say "what are the 4 devices after the player, DAC and amp? Is one of them a bomb?"
tongue.gif

That could be answered by this Japanese gentleman I was referring to!

May 26, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #756 of 1,222
You know, the question of carrying multiple devices is a good one.  The Mojo is really something special; but using it is kind of a pain in the rear with anything but a FIIO.  I mean reliable operation with an iphone was pretty iffy, and use as a computer DAC was OK but not great.  It was rock solid with the X3 (both generations) as a transport.

I do hope the T3 sounds good on its own.  Or that maybe there is a T5 with better DAC and AMP sections.  I do prefer an all in one.

May 27, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #757 of 1,222
@Joe Bloggs I laugh hard at that one :D
@OriginalSnuffy Fiio already has X series for that "all in one"... A transport will demand a companion device for it to shows its strength.

May 29, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #759 of 1,222
I would absolutely love to have a nice transport of which the focus would be UI, fits as much music as possible on and small in size so it's easy to stack with a portable dac/amp :)

Jun 1, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #761 of 1,222
If I could use my phone to control playback, song selection ect. That would be amazing!

I think you are missing the point of a portable transport.

Why would you want to use a phone when you already have a transport in your hand?

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #762 of 1,222
That's the thing I don't want it to be in my hand. Who really wants to carry a stack in their hand all day?

The transport has to be connected to some thing and even if it's connected mojo it's still gonna be to big to be pocketable or used comfortably in the hand. As it stands now I have my dac (Hugo) and transport (AK120) in my bag and it's a massive pain to change songs.

If I could have all the files on the T3 and have it connected to my DAC, use my phone as a remote UI would mean I would be a lot less hassle.

In a nut shell it would be great to use the phone like people use smart watches to control their music.

Jun 1, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #763 of 1,222
That's the thing I don't want it to be in my hand. Who really wants to carry a stack in their hand all day?

The transport has to be connected to some thing and even if it's connected mojo it's still gonna be to big to be pocketable or used comfortably in the hand. As it stands now I have my dac (Hugo) and transport (AK120) in my bag and it's a massive pain to change songs.

If I could have all the files on the T3 and have it connected to my DAC, use my phone as a remote UI would mean I would be a lot less hassle.

In a nut shell it would be great to use the phone like people use smart watches to control their music.

I think what you have in mind is something along the lines of RPi:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/795895/a-70-bit-perfect-audio-player

Jun 1, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #764 of 1,222
Hoping for these:

pls make the design look more attractive yet simple. from the picture it looks like a hard aluminum dap as the others. make it something unique.
make sure its light in weight so it would be easier to carry it on mobile.
battery must be good within 10hours time.
UI functions very well before you release it.

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #765 of 1,222
  Hoping for these:

pls make the design look more attractive yet simple. from the picture it looks like a hard aluminum dap as the others. make it something unique.
make sure its light in weight so it would be easier to carry it on mobile.
battery must be good within 10hours time.
UI functions very well before you release it.

i have faith in the t3 hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back