The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
May 17, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #721 of 1,222
  Mython,

To connect to an Apple device you either need a camera connecting kit of a unit like the HA-2 which has that capability built in.  I think Oppo and apple refer to that as MFiT; I presume that means made for itunes.  But anyway what I am referring to is native apple connectivity.  Also, the HA-2 can even charge the idevices instead of draw power from them.  Right now if you connect a FIIO to an Apple device you get an annoying message about the FIIO drawing too much power from the Apple device unless you get a special usb splitter that fakes out the idevice.  Or sometimes you get lucky and the idevice does not balk.

Ah, OK, I didn't realise you were referring to MFI. Now we understand each other
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #723 of 1,222
  im actually digging the idea of a transport

Lots of people are 'digging' the idea of Fiio making a transport.

But it seems Fiio are worried they may be 'digging' a hole for themselves, if they make a transport.

Personally, I think it could be a very successful product, but I understand Fiio being nervous, as it is an unusual product.

May 17, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #724 of 1,222

Lots of people are 'digging' the idea of Fiio making a transport.

But it seems Fiio are worried they may be 'digging' a hole for themselves, if they make a transport.

Personally, I think it could be a very successful product, but I understand Fiio being nervous, as it is an unusual product.

why so?

May 17, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #727 of 1,222
  most of the dap have 2 micro sd card slot. so what make this player so special? unless you are talking about 1-2TB storage capability then you have a distinct market demand. 

This uses two full-size SD card slots, which more than doubles the existing possible capacity.

The X5ii would have been a great option for this space if we wanted micro SD slots ... though it would need to be given a bit more grunt as it is not a great user experience with a large library.

May 17, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #728 of 1,222

This uses two full-size SD card slots, which more than doubles the existing possible capacity.

That is a key feature; which I have argued for in the past. 

It I were king, I would build an X3 or X5 on steroids.  Touch screen wifi for streaming apps, great DAC and amp; MFI for connecting to iphone, OTG; usable as external DAC with PCs, Mac, Android, IOS; fairly small, readable in sunlight, and sounds better than a Chord Mojo.  Of course, coax out along with line out.  Two usb ports, one for charging and one for use as an external DAC and USB connectivity to PCs.  Sort of a combo of this proposed T3; a subset of X7 features, and the best of the Chord Mojo and Oppo HA-2.

Oh yeah, at a low price point.

Well, we can dream can't we.  For those who say "that is too much" keep in mind that the swiss army knife approach is what put the iphone on the map.

May 18, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #729 of 1,222

That is a key feature; which I have argued for in the past. 

It I were king, I would build an X3 or X5 on steroids.  Touch screen wifi for streaming apps, great DAC and amp; MFI for connecting to iphone, OTG; usable as external DAC with PCs, Mac, Android, IOS; fairly small, readable in sunlight, and sounds better than a Chord Mojo.  Of course, coax out along with line out.  Two usb ports, one for charging and one for use as an external DAC and USB connectivity to PCs.  Sort of a combo of this proposed T3; a subset of X7 features, and the best of the Chord Mojo and Oppo HA-2.

Oh yeah, at a low price point.

Well, we can dream can't we.  For those who say "that is too much" keep in mind that the swiss army knife approach is what put the iphone on the map.
Thatjust went over from dream into straight greedy :O

May 18, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #730 of 1,222
I would be on board for this kind of device. I would suggest leave out DAC and amplifier capability completely and focus on having really good portable digital transport.

As such the priority should be very good USB output, optical and coax, thin size, large storage capacity, low noise and good signal integrity on digital outputs, good device compatibility. Touchscreen are nice but could push price and increase electrical noise. Battery life seems largely limited by external DAC/amplifier.

May 18, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #731 of 1,222
I think the point is that asking to take away the stock OEM DAC/amp circuitry would cost more in R&D costs than leaving them in as an afterthought.

On another level, it's the same reason why DSLR cameras have everything and the kitchen sink built in and the cries for a more "purist" device are ignored year by year, or only produced in the form of an inferior yet more expensive product (see e.g. Nikon Df): a device that caters to a larger market can be expected to turn in more sales revenue and total unit sold, thus more than justifies the extra R&D cost (if any) put into the extra features, and lends extra economy of scale to the production process. The result is a “master-of-all" device that does more than the dedicated device can do, and even aces the dedicated device at what it's supposedly best at.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 18, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #732 of 1,222
Can we pre-order
biggrin.gif
? I'll buy one in any case for me killer feature no.1 are two full size SD slots, any digital output and all other I don't care even software wise, as long it plays my flac collection in folder mode (like it worked in my old FiiO X3 1st Gen) all is good to connect any DAC/AMP (like iFi micro iDSD or Chord Mojo over coax) I'm happy.

May 20, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #733 of 1,222
  Well, keep in mind most of their regular players can be used as transports.   Far as I am concerned, the incremental cost of taking a unit such as this and adding a good DAC and amp is relatively small.  So why not have it all?

you made a point there

May 20, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #734 of 1,222
Well, after reading the entire thread first, I'm still completely down for it in its current configuration - debates aside. My HTC M9 has been outputting audio oddly anyway. I just hope it actually comes to fruition! The title suggests they're still working on it, but I'd like some reassurance xD In any case, kudos to FiiO for putting up with us. James, you have your work cut out for you. I hope it turns out awesome ^_^

May 20, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #735 of 1,222
Well, after reading the entire thread first, I'm still completely down for it in its current configuration - debates aside. My HTC M9 has been outputting audio oddly anyway. I just hope it actually comes to fruition! The title suggests they're still working on it, but I'd like some reassurance xD In any case, kudos to FiiO for putting up with us. James, you have your work cut out for you. I hope it turns out awesome ^_^

Sure, we are quite busy right now, but we will open the box when the time is right so you guys know what happenned inside FiiO. BTW, this project is on the way. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back