The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
May 2, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #691 of 1,222
But the reason why some attached mojo to iphone is because they dont want to bring another device out :p

May 2, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #692 of 1,222
Actually, I also like to have a desktop version of T3. Something like Sony HAPS1, but removing DAC and AMP, remote controlling through the cell phone and streaming hi-res bite from spotify. 

May 2, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #693 of 1,222
Actually, I also like to have a desktop version of T3. Something like Sony HAPS1, but removing DAC and AMP, remote controlling through the cell phone and streaming hi-res bite from spotify. 

How about this http://www.soundaware.net/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=show&catid=14&id=13

May 2, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #695 of 1,222
but what makes them want to use the transport when they are connecting their iphone with mojo already

Because they don't want to continue using their phones.

Many had started down this path but as time goes by the need for a dedicated DAP/Transport with more storage means something that is similar in size to the first generation AK100 would be ideal.

May 2, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #696 of 1,222
Because they don't want to continue using their phones.

Many had started down this path but as time goes by the need for a dedicated DAP/Transport with more storage means something that is similar in size to the first generation AK100 would be ideal.
well then just get a DAP :p

May 2, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #697 of 1,222
well then just get a DAP
tongue.gif

Which is what they have tended to done next

rolleyes.gif

May 2, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #698 of 1,222
May 2, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #700 of 1,222
thats true but its too niche of an item i guess. targeting mojo users?
phone - mojo - app with eq is perfect. Now a tiny android dap, big battery life , big amount of memory that connects to various daps with eq is my goal.

May 2, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #701 of 1,222
phone - mojo - app with eq is perfect. Now a tiny android dap, big battery life , big amount of memory that connects to various daps with eq is my goal.

thats an interesting concept :p

May 2, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #703 of 1,222
This is probably the wrong thread, but this transport has me thinking about what I've been waiting for. I have been holding out for a while waiting for a standalone DAP that has a very large storage capacity, power to drive hungry cans, sound quality and battery life. Honestly, on the go user removeable batteries really work for me if the battery life is generally short. We are on the cusp of seeing something like this. It just seems like with stacking, we are just feeding more money to the industry. While many will say there is a DaP that does it all for them, it is obvious that there isn't really a universal, great sounding, and affordable option yet (with a ton of storage). Once that happens I think the whole industry will change, and I feel that it is possible, but nobody seems to be able or willing to try to do it yet. To me, this transport idea is great and I welcome it, but it feels like a bandaid.

May 2, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #704 of 1,222
I've been reading this thread, and I understand both perspectives. On the one hand, many people desire a pure transport. On the other, some feel a pure transport without the ability to actually play the music being transported is too small a market. Is it possible to make a modular design which can satisfy both camps and provide a mix and match capability as well?

Consider this. What if, the base unit is the transport. It is small in physical size and is capable of transporting a massive amount of music storage. That is the whole point of a transport is it not? So it could support multiple high density micro SD cards. It could support an interface to an external drive (multiple choices for interconnect here). It could support wireless for connecting to your vast music storage on you LAN. The point here is that the base transport is for accessing vast quantities of your music library in whatever form it is in.

Now, to that, have the option of a variety of DAP attachments. A budget DAP with limited capabilities but good audio could be paired with the transport for a small additional price. Want a better feature set in your DAP like superior DACs, more bands of equalization, higher power output for the more power hungry headphones? Offer that too for a bit more money, but it too can pair up to the standardized transport interface and instantly play all the music the transport can access. Next offer the premium model with the absolute best audio interface you can offer for the ultimate in high res players. Again, with a standard interface, any DAP designed to that interface could pair with the transport and give you a player with the capabilities you want/need at the time.

If you are willing to standardize the transport-DAP interface, then that opens up the market and allows other companies to also offer players that pair up with your transport and that could really open up the innovation space surrounding this new genre of product. As new memory technologies emerge such as cross point memory, 3D-Nand, newer methods of digital storage in densities hitherto unheard of, the transport would be capable of connecting to a staggering amount of music.

I see many benefits to a modular approach. What do others think?

May 3, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #705 of 1,222
Well,  I am happy that FIIO is looking into SD cards for storage in addition to SDXC.    I had lobbied for SD on the X7, with no success.

If this takes off; I hope rev two includes an external DAC capability and upgraded amplification and DAC choices.  

Throw in all the features of this planned  transport device, make sure to include wifi for streaming tidal (etc.), and off we go.

I might look at the device as planned, but throw in a few more features and I am good to go.

I would prefer an all in one machine, as much as I like the Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back