The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
May 20, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #736 of 1,222
Sure, we are quite busy right now, but we will open the box when the time is right so you guys know what happenned inside FiiO. BTW, this project is on the way. 

Very excited that the T3 is moving forward James. However, I'm most interested in what I've high-lit in your quote.

May 20, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #738 of 1,222
May 21, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #739 of 1,222
Originally Posted by x RELIC x /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

He said it!

ph34r.gif

May 21, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #741 of 1,222
This is really interesting. I'm glad that FiiO are still working on it.

I was close to pulling the trigger on a Cowon Plenue D but now I'm wondering if I should wait as this may better fulfil that role. Much will depend on price, size, weight and battery life there.

On the other hand this T3 looks very interesting as a home server to partner with an iDSD.

Key features for me are:

i) ability to be charged/powered while playing to an external USB DAC (asynchronous of course)

ii) large storage - 2 x SDXC will be great

iii) gapless playback (this is mandatory)

iv) sort by 'album artist' > album > tracks

v) sort by genre > 'album artist' > album > tracks (not genre > tracks)

vi) recognise disc number and track number tags and sort accordingly, no alphabetic playback

vii) no silly file number limits

If iv) and v) are not possible, then I have to resort to folder browsing in which case:

vii) combine both cards into one logical volume for folder browsing

Oh and for portable use, at least 20 hours of initial battery life playing FLAC files.

May 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #746 of 1,222
I like this idea. I was planning on getting a new DAP. The is was thinking about getting the Cowon PD. Now I might as well wait. Unless if my phone starts to have issues again and then I will have no choice to get a new DAP immediately. I still support this project anyway.

May 25, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #748 of 1,222
I like this idea. I was planning on getting a new DAP. The is was thinking about getting the Cowon PD. Now I might as well wait. Unless if my phone starts to have issues again and then I will have no choice to get a new DAP immediately. I still support this project anyway.
the pd is a legit dap. I would recommend it though. Of course, the T3 is a must. Looking to pair T3 and C5

May 26, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #749 of 1,222
Good to know im not the only one that hates my smartphone as a source.
I had a mojo and z5 but replaced the mojo with a dap. I found the mojo with phone annoying and other transport capable daps just a bit to thick to pair.

same, i had mojo connected to a S6. whats the point in amazing sound quality if theres too many cons. mojo sat on a shelf for a while before being sold as it was MUCH more convenient to use the smartphone as a music player even if the SQ is inferior.

May 26, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #750 of 1,222
same, i had mojo connected to a S6. whats the point in amazing sound quality if theres too many cons. mojo sat on a shelf for a while before being sold as it was MUCH more convenient to use the smartphone as a music player even if the SQ is inferior.

Whoa, and to think I thought superior SQ was THE sole aim for many an audiophile, including yours truly, so that a Mojo could be used at home while a DAP would be used for other portable needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back