The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jun 1, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #766 of 1,222
If I could use my phone to control playback, song selection ect. That would be amazing!

Yes that could be a great idea.  At home I run a headless computer for music and it's so much better.  I can remote in from web browser or mobile applications and all the admin can be done from remote.  

This could free up to remove the screen entirely and save cost, electrical noise and power consumption.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #770 of 1,222

I hope only it is already in the FiiO's roadmap and under final stages of Design Review.Cheers.
L3000.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #771 of 1,222
I just hope it's no bigger than a ak100. A big screen is nice and all but it's pretty much superfluous in a music player.

With 2 normal SD slots and a large battery (15-20h autonomy) ?
Sounds like a nice dream, but it will be bulkier than AK100 for sure.

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #772 of 1,222

With 2 normal SD slots and a large battery (15-20h autonomy) ?
Sounds like a nice dream, but it will be bulkier than AK100 for sure.

As far as I know it will be Micro SD. So that would reduce size compared to using full SD cards(which would be pretty strange IMO)

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #773 of 1,222
As far as I know it will be Micro SD. So that would reduce size compared to using full SD cards(which would be pretty strange IMO)

Where did you find that information? Everything I've read says SD card (non micro).

Jun 3, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #775 of 1,222

As @peter123 and @BadReligionPunk have said, everything communicated so far indicates it'll be using full-size SD cards.  If it doesn't, then there's no point at all in them bothering with it.  They could just fix the indexing-capacity/performance issue with the existing X5ii and call it good - as that's what you'd have at the end of the day.

Anything less than two full-size SD card slots, supporting the largest cards available when it ships, means I'll pass it buy without a second thought.

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #777 of 1,222

Anything less than two full-size SD card slots, supporting the largest cards available when it ships, means I'll pass it buy without a second thought.

Same here, and pleased to see the strong feelings on this, which will hopefully ensure that no changes are made to this aspect of the specification.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #778 of 1,222

Same here, and pleased to see the strong feelings on this, which will hopefully ensure that no changes are made to this aspect of the specification.

It also needs to be able to quickly index a very large library (say, 30,000 tracks) without becoming sluggish or flakey.

If it takes an hour to do it's indexing then it's not very useful.  And if it doesn't perform smoothly and quickly with a large library (by which I mean as smooth as an iPhone 6 and the internal music app), then it won't be acceptable either.

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #779 of 1,222
It's pretty clear that this device is going to sell to a fairly demanding audience 
biggrin.gif

I think FiiO would be well advised to take the time to get it right ... I'm not sure we'll welcome being development guinea pigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back