The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jun 4, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #796 of 1,222
Guess it is SD. My bad guys!

The unit looks really nice! Not sure about the leathery back though. Judging from the 2 SD slots' size and the average size of an SD slot, I think the unit looks like its a bit less than 4 slots tall. I'd say it's about the size of the X1 and as flat as an iPhone 5s. Would fit nicely with the Mojo if I'm correct in this guessing.

Jun 4, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #798 of 1,222
Someone please kill that HP jack 
mad.gif

Jun 4, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #800 of 1,222
  Someone please kill that HP jack 
mad.gif

Given that this has already been debated to death and the decision made - can we please just let it go?

Lol....I was wondering why did it said Line out as well
biggrin.gif
what kind of line out quality would it be ? Lol....

From previous experience with most of the FiiO line-up, it would be very good indeed.  I've found virtually no difference between the line-out and headphone out on most of their devices (the measurements also back this up).  It often amazes me that so many people find this a big issue.  Both are extremely low noise on previous devices.

Jun 4, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #802 of 1,222
It is not the noises that I would worry about, but the quality of dynamic and finesse of the soundstage that could come from such "transport" which was meant to be a quality digital transport ? :D. We all know to get that quality analog LO = very complicated

But hey ! Whatever floats your boat. The more options, the better :D, and just as long as you know the pure purpose of this device then I guess you won't be complaining about it :D

Jun 4, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #803 of 1,222
Loving everything in that image James, including the dual USB and separate digital ports. The only thing is.. Please don't wrap it in animal skin on the back.

I'm not a big fan of leather-like texture, it's a dust trap, please make it smooth, the rest is nice and classy.

I'd throw my vote against leather backing - synthetic, or real. I'd much rather see a nice bead blasted metal surface.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #804 of 1,222
Some sort of soft material is actually good when being meant to stack. For most uses I imagine the back will be covered - Transport, remember....

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #807 of 1,222
I can't wait to insert two 256GB SDXC cards into it!

Fiio will there be a beta testing programme? :p

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #808 of 1,222
Some sort of soft material is actually good when being meant to stack. For most uses I imagine the back will be covered - Transport, remember....

I thought of that after I made my post. I remember now James saying something about trying to figure out a more elegant solution to stacking than the existing kits. Could be part of the reason, like you mentioned.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #810 of 1,222
Just add an optional rubber sticker.

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing - a self-adhesive material (rubber, leather, suede, or similar), so that the user can choose whether or not to apply it, and can also replace it at a later date, if it gets damaged or worn.

It would be very unwise to manufacture the T3 with a permanently-attached soft material that can't be easily replaced. The device would just end up looking tatty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back