The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jun 26, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #826 of 1,222
The AK70?

Only optical output.
Won't charge and play at the same time.
Only a single micro SD slot so storage still limited to that of a Clip+.
Very expensive.

No, the AK70 is not a decent transport at all. It's barely a decent DAP. It doesn't raise the game from anything else we have had over the last 5 or 6 years.

The T3 must be different.

It must have very large storage.
It must have asynchronous USB output.
It must be able to charge while playing (for home use).
It must have twin full size SD slots.
It must do gapless playback without issues.
It must be affordable (I'm thinking X3, not X7 here).
It would be nice to finally see browse by 'Album Artist' on a DAP/portable transport.

Come on FiiO. Change the game. We're sick of rehashed 2010 technology. It's 2016 already.

i wouldnt say the ak70 is barely a decent dap. have you tried it yet? it is pretty nice sounding

Jun 26, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #827 of 1,222
The AK70?

Only optical output.
Won't charge and play at the same time.
Only a single micro SD slot so storage still limited to that of a Clip+.
Very expensive.

No, the AK70 is not a decent transport at all. It's barely a decent DAP. It doesn't raise the game from anything else we have had over the last 5 or 6 years.

The T3 must be different.

It must have very large storage. - Yes, that would be good
It must have asynchronous USB output. - Yes.
It must be able to charge while playing (for home use). - Yes, any thing should, but you're degrading the battery when doing this. Take this into account, you're killing it with your own hands. 
It must have twin full size SD slots. - I would had prefered microsd slots. SD cards are more fragile, and the slots are somewhat easy to damage, compared to microsd slots. 
It must do gapless playback without issues. - all Fiio products can, this is normal.
It must be affordable (I'm thinking X3, not X7 here). - Price should be in line with the quality and the features. 
It would be nice to finally see browse by 'Album Artist' on a DAP/portable transport. 

Come on FiiO. Change the game. We're sick of rehashed 2010 technology. It's 2016 already.

Don't forget to consider the battery, which is extremely important for a transport. 

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #828 of 1,222
Given the features and autonomy they annouce for this DAP, I really doubt the price will be on par with the X3.
I'd already be happy if it was on par with the X5.

And the most awaited attribute is really a fast and faultless UI for large librairies (10-20000+ files), which has always been FiiO downfall on previous DAPs. The rest is just usual electronics.

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #829 of 1,222
Yes, there is definitely still a market-demand for a slim (and fairly-priced) transport with 2x fullsize SD slots (as long as the firmware can properly handle so many songs).

I still believe, very strongly, that the T3 has the potential to sell like hotcakes, if Fiio release it with properly-developed firmware.

Please know that many of us are eager for Fiio to complete this project, James!
beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #830 of 1,222
  Given the features and autonomy they annouce for this DAP, I really doubt the price will be on par with the X3.
I'd already be happy if it was on par with the X5.

And the most awaited attribute is really a fast and faultless UI for large librairies (10-20000+ files), which has always been FiiO downfall on previous DAPs. The rest is just usual electronics.

Yes, there is definitely still a market-demand for a slim (and fairly-priced) transport with 2x fullsize SD slots (as long as the firmware can properly handle so many songs).

I still believe, very strongly, that the T3 has the potential to sell like hotcakes, if Fiio release it with properly-developed firmware.

Please know that many of us are eager for Fiio to complete this project, James!
beerchug.gif

I totally agree with both of the statements, but I've had more SD cards die on me, and SD slots, than I've had microSD (zero microsd dead in over 14 years)

Jun 26, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #831 of 1,222

... I've had more SD cards die on me, and SD slots, than I've had microSD (zero microsd dead in over 14 years)

Sorry to hear that, but that's OK - you are allowed to be unlucky with SD cards if you want to
wink_face.gif

I did learn, on my laptop, that one should never be rough with an SD cardslot, but now I know, I will never make the same mistake again (I foolishly used to 'flick' my finger against the SD card, to release it, when I was in a hurry).

What I really like about the T3 offering 2 fullsize SD slots is that it can take high-capacity SD cards or it can accept micro-SD cards, in an adapter, so it's the best of both worlds, as far as I'm concerned, and it still pisses me off that almost no-one, at any end of the DAP market, has yet respected the customer's need for high capacity, by providing 2x fullsize SD slots, or equivalent.

D&A offered 1x microSD + 1x fullsize SD, on their Calyx-M DAP.
Aurender offered mSATA expansion on their (admittedly huge) FLOW DAC-Amp, but that's not really in the 'pocket device' class.

It's a ridiculous situation, considering all the other technology crammed into present-day DAPs, but maybe Fiio will be the first to finally give customers 2x fullsize SD slots, to carry a decent library of large Hi-res music files.

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #832 of 1,222

Sorry to hear that, but that's OK - you are allowed to be unlucky with SD cards if you want to
wink_face.gif

I did learn, on my laptop, that one should never be rough with an SD cardslot, but now I know, I will never make the same mistake again (I foolishly used to 'flick' my finger against the SD card, to release it, when I was in a hurry).

What I really like about the T3 offering 2 fullsize SD slots is that it can take high-capacity SD cards or it can accept micro-SD cards, in an adapter, so it's the best of both worlds, as far as I'm concerned, and it still pisses me off that almost no-one, at any end of the DAP market, has yet respected the customer's need for high capacity, by providing 2x fullsize SD slots, or equivalent.

D&A offered 1x microSD + 1x fullsize SD, on their Calyx-M DAP.
Aurender offered mSATA expansion on their (admittedly huge) FLOW DAC-Amp, but that's not really in the 'pocket device' class.

It's a ridiculous situation, considering all the other technology crammed into present-day DAPs, but maybe Fiio will be the first to finally give customers 2x fullsize SD slots, to carry a decent library of large Hi-res music files.

IF they put SD cards, they need rubber flops over the slots, because I touched the SD card wrong once in my old laptop, and the reader died instantly... that was such a let down... 

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #833 of 1,222

IF they put SD cards, they need rubber flops over the slots, because I touched the SD card wrong once in my old laptop, and the reader died instantly... that was such a let down... 

Agreed, some form of protection would be necessary in my opinion. Would also help a bit with keeping dust out of the unit, which creeps in even worse with the large slot needed for a SD card. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #835 of 1,222
i dunno, for some reason Bluetooth is the most exciting feature im looking for, im just looking for a DAP as good as X3ii with Bluetooth feature.

I can live without WiFi on a DAP, but Bluetooth is a must for travel (car, speakers), so no Bluetooth = no go.

Jun 29, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #836 of 1,222
i dunno, for some reason Bluetooth is the most exciting feature im looking for, im just looking for a DAP as good as X3ii with Bluetooth feature.

I can live without WiFi on a DAP, but Bluetooth is a must for travel (car, speakers), so no Bluetooth = no go.

This model might not be for you guys. Good thing there are other daps on the market.
Wish people not suggest to add features to this product. Or threaten to not buy this because of those little knick knacks not being added. It will make it more expensive for a semi-pure transport/average dap. I'm pretty sure FiiO will make a dap with lots of features or make a poll on which feature to add.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #837 of 1,222

This model might not be for you guys. Good thing there are other daps on the market.
Wish people not suggest to add features to this product. Or threaten to not buy this because of those little knick knacks not being added. It will make it more expensive for a semi-pure transport/average dap. I'm pretty sure FiiO will make a dap with lots of features or make a poll on which feature to add.
wait... I thought Bluetooth are already considered to be included by Fiio based on what they said in this Thread... no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back