The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jun 29, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #841 of 1,222
Great working stable firmware capable of at least 30,000+ songs and  with a very good, intuitive and user friendly UI 
Is very high on my wantlist for this transport:)

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #842 of 1,222
seems like the top 3 things people want are

1 - 25+ hour battery life
2 - Dual mSD card slots
3 - Bit perfect output

Not quite!

2 - Dual SD card slots

Jun 30, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #843 of 1,222
As far as I understood from a previous James Fiio's post, the project has started.
As such, I am guessing ,wrongly maybe, that features & technical specifications are already defined.
If not, wrongly again perhaps ,I will consider this thread as a teasing one.
As a result I am still wondering if it will ever start or come to a end.

In one hand, it is difficult from a manufacturer to reveal its roadmap and provide details.
In the other hand, since it is this same manufacturer who started the thread and re-ignite head fiers hope for such profuct, IMHO, it is his duty to feed the thread with more information.

In fact James' last post let me perplex:

" sorry not yet. the T3 will be share some design with our other DAP but of course focus on different people. BTW, the AK70 looks like another decent transport too".

When I was expecting news on T3's progress, instead we received good comments towards a competitor.
It is fair play, IMHO, but it is not the information I am expecting from a product I am awaiting for long. 

As for time being, I will try to keep waiting & hoping.
Regards

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #844 of 1,222
Many head-fiers will know that I do not hold iRiver/AK in high regard, but I'm actually hoping the AK70 will perform well, as I would like to see more AK DAPs at around the $599 price-point.

However, as a serious transport, the biggest failing of the AK70 is the single microSD slot, because they don't want to lose customers to their top of the range models.

So James' T3 is still the one to go for, as a transport, if memory expansion is something you take seriously.

Jun 30, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #849 of 1,222
Please do full size sd cards for once.

Yes, James (Fiio) has already conformed that fullsize SD card slots are... 'on-the-cards'  for the T3
k701smile.gif

Jun 30, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #850 of 1,222
  Many head-fiers will know that I do not hold iRiver/AK in high regard, but I'm actually hoping the AK70 will perform well, as I would like to see more AK DAPs at around the $599 price-point.

However, as a serious transport, the biggest failing of the AK70 is the single microSD slot, because they don't want to lose customers to their top of the range models.

So James' T3 is still the one to go for, as a transport, if memory expansion is something you take seriously.

No kudos to A&K. It's like you say, there have done nothing else but slashing specs down from their greatly overpriced AK3xx range so far.
I dearly regret the time where they were the first company to come out with 2 microsd slots on their AK100/AK120 models.
Going back to one slot on subsequent models was the worst move ever!

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #851 of 1,222
If T3 can combine both Cowon Plenue D (battery life) and AK70 (balanced), I am in

Jun 30, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #852 of 1,222
>20 hours battery life
Balanced out
Android
1 micro sd slot 1 full size sd slot
Small size like plenue d

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back