The (Un)Official Amp Thread For ZMF Headphones
Apr 22, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #3,496 of 3,548
My entire post had no purpose other than a lame Sword of Damocles joke (thus the project hanging over the head). Definitely not to be taken seriously by anyone.
I think we all know there are too few Sword of Damocles jokes these days

Apr 22, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #3,497 of 3,548
I think we all know there are too few Sword of Damocles jokes these days

Indeed. General knowledge of the tale is hanging by a hair.

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #3,498 of 3,548
Indeed. General knowledge of the tale is hanging by a hair.
.... What did you expect? It is over most people's head .... 🤣🤣 🤔 👎👎.

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #3,499 of 3,548
My entire post had no purpose other than a lame Sword of Damocles joke (thus the project hanging over the head). Definitely not to be taken seriously by anyone.

It’s a double edged statement

Apr 22, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #3,500 of 3,548
I too have a Brother label maker...which makes us Brother brothers.
I’ve got one here for labeling-

IMG_3518.jpeg

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #3,501 of 3,548
It’s a double edged statement

Indeed. There have been a lot of cutting remarks in this thread. Unfortunately, my wit's getting dull.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #3,503 of 3,548
And I thought that Damocles was John Cleese's ne'er do well brother.

Doesn't anyone have ANYTHING to post about Amps & ZMF???

Please for the love of God make it stop!

Well, I've been rolling a lot of tubes in my pre-production ZMF Aegis. Lately, I've been bouncing between GEC KT66 and Tung-Sol 6550s, which are both wonderful in their own ways.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #3,504 of 3,548
Well, I've been rolling a lot of tubes in my pre-production ZMF Aegis. Lately, I've been bouncing between GEC KT66 and Tung-Sol 6550s, which are both wonderful in their own ways.
I'm in love with the Caldera + DIY Aegis combo these past 2 days. Really amazing combo.

I nabbed a pair of NOS RCA 6550s for a good price but USPS just updated me today that the package is pretty much lost. Its been two weeks past the supposed arrival date. Am super annoyed about that.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #3,505 of 3,548
I'm in love with the Caldera + DIY Aegis combo these past 2 days. Really amazing combo.

I nabbed a pair of NOS RCA 6550s for a good price but USPS just updated me today that the package is pretty much lost. Its been two weeks past the supposed arrival date. Am super annoyed about that.

Don't ask me how, but I went from looking for 6550s to suddenly having 3 pairs of them plus a spare. I can't really explain it.

The NOS RCA 6550 made by Tung-Sol can be a great value. Folks prioritize the ones with the Tung-Sol name on them, but those are made in the same factory.

Apr 22, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #3,507 of 3,548
I’m going to have to get one of those when they’re officially released I think, I need an OTC amp to compliment the Folkvangr.

I’ll probably have to get an Atrium open or closed at the same time since ZMF usually has a decent amp discount when you buy it with the headphones.

I’m just not sure which would be a better compliment to my Auteur OG and VCs.

Apr 22, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #3,508 of 3,548
I’m going to have to get one of those when they’re officially released I think, I need an OTC amp to compliment the Folkvangr.

I’ll probably have to get an Atrium open or closed at the same time since ZMF usually has a decent amp discount when you buy it with the headphones.

I’m just not sure which would be a better compliment to my Auteur OG and VCs.
Can't go wrong with either IMO, both are amazing headphones. easy enough to peruse both forums to figure which suits your preference best.
Edit: forgot to mention, I think they both are an excellent compliment to the Auteur, but personally I think the Closed would be a good contrast. It does depend on what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #3,509 of 3,548
but USPS just updated me today that the package is pretty much lost. It’s been two weeks past the supposed arrival date. Am super annoyed about that.
Sorry to hear that, Matt- that sucks!

Apr 22, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #3,510 of 3,548
[/QUOTE]

Was in the same boat as you when I returned one of my HPs for repair. USPS is really not to be relied upon. I eventually got mine back after 3 weeks. So I wouldn't give up just yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back