The (Un)Official Amp Thread For ZMF Headphones
Nov 2, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #2,551 of 3,733
Starting in 2024 it seems like SoCal and NYC will be the only US based CanJam shows
So both Chicago and Dallas are not being held next year - but Dallas 2023 is about to happen!
Bummer!

Nov 2, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #2,552 of 3,733
Wow, that's devasting news if that is true. CanJam Chicago was my first CanJam

It's true 😢
It was my favorite show as well. The intimate feel made listening experience so much better and, mostly, the ability to connect with people at this show was just stellar

Starting in 2024 it seems like SoCal and NYC will be the only US based CanJam shows
So both Chicago and Dallas are not being held next year - but Dallas 2023 is about to happen!

Dallas is the experiment for an alternate regional show. I don't know if the fact that it doesn't show on the calendar next year means that they've already determined the outcome (may have enough leading indicators to determine ROI) or simply will be determined post show and TBD.. anyway, I'm heading there in a week.. if any of you are there ping me to say hi..

Nov 2, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #2,553 of 3,733
Last edited:
Nov 2, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #2,554 of 3,733
Nov 2, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #2,555 of 3,733

first-and-last-and-always_1426323527_crop_560x550.0.jpg

Nov 2, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #2,556 of 3,733
The Sisters of Mercy are such a great band, but damn do they need to tastefully remaster their catalog!
Oh to hear "Lucretia, My Reflection" and "Vision Thing" with some thunderous dynamics!

Nov 2, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #2,557 of 3,733
The Sisters of Mercy are such a great band, but damn do they need to tastefully remaster their catalog!
Oh to hear "Lucretia, My Reflection" and "Vision Thing" with some thunderous dynamics!

Floodland is still on regular rotation for me.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #2,558 of 3,733
The first 3 mins of the NOS 6AS7G was like a space heater running inside my headphones! Some metal tinging noise every 20 seconds. Its died back now but still loud when the music goes quiet. Still it sounds great! I'm really not used to burning things in
Yup, sadly, that can be the case with many power tubes in my experience. My Tung-Sol JAN 5998s are also a little noisy (“ting”! “Ting”!) during warmup, but they settle in after 15-20 minutes, max. I had the same experience with RCA 6AS7Gs, so I figure that is to be expected.

Oddly my 7236s are dead silent throughout, but with them clarity, detail, and air takes a back seat to speed, slam, and bass impact.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #2,559 of 3,733
Nov 2, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #2,560 of 3,733
Alas, CanJam Chicago is no more… 😢
T’was my favorite show.. but not enough demand I guess.
cat.gif

Damn. I was finally planning on going this year.

Nov 2, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #2,561 of 3,733
Nov 2, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #2,562 of 3,733
I don’t think vendors are too keen to participate in every Canjam due to expenses involved in terms of fee + logistics and how the economy is shaping up.
We might see a return once market picks up .

Nov 2, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #2,563 of 3,733
I don’t think vendors are too keen to participate in every Canjam due to expenses involved in terms of fee + logistics and how the economy is shaping up.
We might see a return once market picks up .
This is the first year I've really been aware of Canjam and I've been surprised at the frequency of events. It makes sense as they're trying to cater to different locations but it's got to be exhausting for regular vendors. Especially when they're hauling as much gear as ZMF does and the crews going are day-to-day employees or owners.

Nov 3, 2023 at 5:36 AM Post #2,564 of 3,733
This is the first year I've really been aware of Canjam and I've been surprised at the frequency of events. It makes sense as they're trying to cater to different locations but it's got to be exhausting for regular vendors. Especially when they're hauling as much gear as ZMF does and the crews going are day-to-day employees or owners.

It boiled down to how much business they get at the show and if it’s worth the cost. If it’s a great show, they’d be happy to go to many, if not they skip it..

Nov 3, 2023 at 6:51 AM Post #2,565 of 3,733
It's true 😢
It was my favorite show as well. The intimate feel made listening experience so much better and, mostly, the ability to connect with people at this show was just stellar

Dallas is the experiment for an alternate regional show. I don't know if the fact that it doesn't show on the calendar next year means that they've already determined the outcome (may have enough leading indicators to determine ROI) or simply will be determined post show and TBD.. anyway, I'm heading there in a week.. if any of you are there ping me to say hi..
Fingers crossed Dallas is a big one! This will be my first show and meet ever, and I was already looking forward to making it a yearly event. We do it big in Texas, so let's hope we live up to it with this show.

I would love to say hi in person and will hopefully see you there!

I plan to be one of the first one's there and I am going straight to ZMF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back