The (Un)Official Amp Thread For ZMF Headphones
Sep 19, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #2,221 of 3,728
From a private message to a great Head-Fi friend:48C03A6E-9B42-4C79-8E54-6E38C5AFA898.jpeg373FF248-0BCF-4A64-9BC1-E2E79A4BEDA2.jpeg

I've always felt a bit FOMO for getting the A20 instead of A2, but thankfully it seems that I've made the right choice. Thank you for answering a question that I thought would never know the answer to.

Sep 19, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #2,222 of 3,728
Hi everyone,

I've recently gotten a Atrium Closed and have been looking to buy a tube amp as I already have a SS amp in the form of the Holo Audio Serene. I've narrowed down my options to either the Woo Audio W5-LE or the Cayin HA-300Mk2, sadly both are not available in my location so wondering if anyone has compared both. I'm mostly looking for something to complement the clean sound of the Serene, and probably something on the warmer side would be preferable.

Any feedback would be appreciated. TYIA!

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #2,223 of 3,728
Hi everyone,

I've recently gotten a Atrium Closed and have been looking to buy a tube amp as I already have a SS amp in the form of the Holo Audio Serene. I've narrowed down my options to either the Woo Audio W5-LE or the Cayin HA-300Mk2, sadly both are not available in my location so wondering if anyone has compared both. I'm mostly looking for something to complement the clean sound of the Serene, and probably something on the warmer side would be preferable.

ZMF is amazing on almost any tube amp. But I would be careful with warmer sound signature because Atrium Closed is already a warm headphone.

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #2,224 of 3,728
ZMF is amazing on almost any tube amp. But I would be careful with warmer sound signature because Atrium Closed is already a warm headphone.
That's what tube rolling is for. :wink:

Sep 19, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #2,225 of 3,728
Hi everyone,

I use the hybrid Xduoo TA-22 which works great.

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #2,226 of 3,728
Hi everyone,

It looks like you are targeting TC tube camps around the 4-5k price point, so I'd recommend also checking out Feliks Envy and Auris Nirvana as too more options (I have an earlier version of the latter and it's great, and many love the former).

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #2,227 of 3,728
I've always felt a bit FOMO for getting the A20 instead of A2, but thankfully it seems that I've made the right choice. Thank you for answering a question that I thought would never know the answer to.
I prefer that A20 does not have the optionality of A2. Ceteris paribus, simpler is better. ☑️

Sep 19, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #2,228 of 3,728
Sep 19, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #2,231 of 3,728
Sep 19, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #2,232 of 3,728
Hi everyone,

Where is your location?

Sep 19, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #2,235 of 3,728
A Latin quote? Please don't try to raise the collective IQ on this thread. It won't end well!
… just trying to widen the gap between the average IQ and the median IQ … 😳🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back