The (Un)Official Amp Thread For ZMF Headphones
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #1,801 of 3,750
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #1,802 of 3,750
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #1,803 of 3,750
Jun 13, 2023 at 8:36 PM Post #1,804 of 3,750
I don't sell the crack, I just point out where the dealer under the bridge lives...

Jun 13, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #1,807 of 3,750
That’s not a good deal. Unless the price has changed, you can get one new for about 2 grand.
That is a good deal. It is a brand-new Starlett and the waiting time for a new build is almost 2 years.

Jun 14, 2023 at 1:00 AM Post #1,808 of 3,750
Jun 14, 2023 at 3:19 AM Post #1,809 of 3,750
A lot of the offerings from ampsandsound seem to pair very well with ZMF headphones

might also consider Cayin Tube amps.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #1,810 of 3,750
….and takes about 2 years of waiting. Dna amps sell for retail on the used market due to that stipulation.
That is a good deal. It is a brand-new Starlett and the waiting time for a new build is almost 2 years.
While I get that it's a deal that most are willing to consider when we take into account the wait times I just don't think it's a trend that should be encouraged. All things considered, it is still a second hand product that is priced higher than retail for an amp that is still in production. Though the question of worth is completely up to the individual. As they say, vote with your wallet.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #1,811 of 3,750
While I get that it's a deal that most are willing to consider when we take into account the wait times I just don't think it's a trend that should be encouraged. All things considered, it is still a second hand product that is priced higher than retail for an amp that is still in production. Though the question of worth is completely up to the individual. As they say, vote with your wallet.
$2,100 is full retail. Not more than retail. They typically sell for $2000-$2100 on the used market (so he’s selling at market price) on a unit that he received a week ago. It’s basically BNIB and tested which is already better than a second hand “used” Starlett that goes for close to the same price. I fail to see the issue here, I’d expect it to sell quickly given the current demand. I’d be a buyer myself if I didn’t own a Pendant SE already.

Jun 14, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #1,812 of 3,750
$2,100 is full retail. Not more than retail. They typically sell for $2000-$2100 on the used market (so he’s selling at market price) on a unit that he received a week ago. It’s basically BNIB and tested which is already better than a second hand “used” Starlett that goes for close to the same price. I fail to see the issue here, I’d expect it to sell quickly given the current demand. I’d be a buyer myself if I didn’t own a Pendant SE already.
Get it to compliment the Pendant :) Sorry had to play the devil on your shoulder whispering "do it..do it..."

Sadly even owning a Stratus i'm so tempted to buy the Starlett just to see how it compares. and i agree, it's priced very fairly. The seller is only looking to break even, which isn't unusual for high demand low supply items like DNA amps. Same with Decware, when those hit they're snapped up asap at the cost of a new unit usually, unless they're in poor condition. speaking of which man i want a CSP3 for my Atrium.

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #1,813 of 3,750
Same with Decware, when those hit they're snapped up asap at the cost of a new unit usually, unless they're in poor condition. speaking of which man i want a CSP3 for my Atrium.
It's a 2-year wait right now with Decware. I put in a CSP3 order last Apr 2022 and their still building the summer 2021 orders. Hopefully it'll shorten up some since they were probably delayed with building an amount for the ZMF collaboration amp release. The waiting is tough but I'm patient.

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,814 of 3,750
man i want a CSP3 for my Atrium

It's a 2-year wait right now with Decware

the new Decware Reference ZMF OTL is both available now (saving 2 yr wait time) and better (basically a CSP3 that is materially improved).

have it. love it. recommend it :)

but it's oviously more expensive, so not apples to apples, aknowledging that

Jun 14, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #1,815 of 3,750
the new Decware Reference ZMF OTL is both available now (saving 2 yr wait time) and better (basically a CSP3 that is materially improved).

have it. love it. recommend it :)

but it's oviously more expensive, so not apples to apples, aknowledging that

I can't really say much about the sound quality of the Reference ZMF OTL because I haven't heard it. I'm sure its a great pairing with ZMF HPs, or else it wouldn't be sold on the website.

But the price offered seems rather steep for an OTL. You can get a SET amp with really nice output transformers for the same price.

There needs to be a review comparison to be done between the reference ZMF OTL and a similarly-price SET amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back