The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of Note 4, 32bit 382kHz / DSD, Wi-fi support!
Jan 31, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #61 of 119
@NZtechfreak

We have always much higher prices in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. For us is that "normal", that e.g. a head phone which costs in the USA 700 $ is in our country like 700 Euro or higher...And we don't have PHY SD cards over 128 GB (in our region is no card from PNY over 128 GB available - only in other countries), our only alternative are these cards (or other vendors which are more expensive like 190 or 230 Euro for a 256 GB card...). We have one single cheaper model the "Lexar Professional 600x SDXC 256GB" for 150 Euro, but I've read for a music player not a good combination and problem due playback, with other vendors (incl. PNY) no glitches and I have the "Kingston Ultimate SDXC 256GB" in my Samsung S4 and if works very well with FLAC and UAPP for placback.

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #62 of 119
  @NZtechfreak

We have always much higher prices in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. For us is that "normal", that e.g. a head phone which costs in the USA 700 $ is in our country like 700 Euro or higher...And we don't have PHY SD cards over 128 GB (in our region is no card from PNY over 128 GB available - only in other countries), our only alternative are these cards (or other vendors which are more expensive like 190 or 230 Euro for a 256 GB card...). We have one single cheaper model the "Lexar Professional 600x SDXC 256GB" for 150 Euro, but I've read for a music player not a good combination and problem due playback, with other vendors (incl. PNY) no glitches and I have the "Kingston Ultimate SDXC 256GB" in my Samsung S4 and if works very well with FLAC and UAPP for placback.

Thats true. Everything is more expnsive in the EU, but it is improving, since the market is increasing.

Initially I wanted to buy the PNY card, but I got impatient and bought something fro Amazon, which ships in 2-3 days. Also the ifi iDSD micro is from an Austrian shop.

Jan 31, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #63 of 119
I purchased the PNY from the States, I'm in New Zealand (where prices are unreasonably inflated compared to the US also). From memory I got it from B&H Photo, who ship worldwide.

Of course, if you didn't wish to wait on shipping that's an entirely different matter.

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #64 of 119
All of my components have arrived here.
I put the FAT formatted PNY 256GB SD card into a 10,000 mAh battery case of Note 4.
They work very well.
I will get the 512GB SD card during the next month. This modded Note 4 is still lighter than iBasso DX100. It's nearly as big as DX100 though.
But its functionality totally backs it up.
Funny thing is iBasso's DX100 costs 800 dollars as brand new.
For that money, I would definitely advise to buy a modded Note 4 with a 256GB PNY card instead.

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #65 of 119
I purchased the PNY from the States, I'm in New Zealand (where prices are unreasonably inflated compared to the US also). From memory I got it from B&H Photo, who ship worldwide.

Of course, if you didn't wish to wait on shipping that's an entirely different matter.

As far as I know, Amazon ships worldwide too.
You can pay with VISA card from your country. I have ordered from Amazon several times when I was in Japan.
There was no tax issue.

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #66 of 119
  As far as I know, Amazon ships worldwide too.
You can pay with VISA card from your country. I have ordered from Amazon several times when I was in Japan.
There was no tax issue.

I would think that Amazon would also ship this item anywhere, as you say. They didn't have it for sale when I got mine. That isn't necessarily a given though, as they are variable around which electronic items ship to which countries.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #67 of 119

I would think that Amazon would also ship this item anywhere, as you say. They didn't have it for sale when I got mine. That isn't necessarily a given though, as they are variable around which electronic items ship to which countries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-Elite-Performance-256GB-SDXC-Flash-Memory-Card-90-MB-s-Read-Speed-CL-10-/321646852371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae3a57913

or you can buy on Ebay.
You can simply ask the seller to ship it to your country. I bet they would do it for less than 20 dollars of extra shipping charge.
This amazing PNY 256GB SD card is only 99 dollars. I don't see any reason to pay 170 dollars for the same card.

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #68 of 119
Okay guys, I've used this modded 10,000 mAh Note 4 with 256GB SD card for ten hours today.
There's no heat issue and the battery is still staying above 90%.
Note 4 turns on iBasso D55 very well. It transfers audio signal via USB without UAPP or Hibby.

It's truly a winner. None of DAPs will reach this level.
It's almost like a personal computer with a super high capacity battery!
I don't think you'll need an additional tablet once you own this modded Note 4.

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #69 of 119
This actually sounds really good, I think I can test it out the Geekout on my S5 since at the moment it sounds like the perfect tool.Less than half the battery / storage capacities but good enough for testing I guess

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #70 of 119
I got another great idea for this setup!

Buy a Sony's PHA-3 and a Zerolemon 18,000 mAh portable battery and strap them together!

http://www.amazon.com/ZeroLemon-SlimJuice-Ultra-Compact-ThunderBolt-Blackberry/dp/B00CXZHY2C/ref=pd_sim_cps_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=01TB14PZTNW1VWK30V3P

Once you do that, you'll get 18+ hours of playback from Sony's PHA-3 and 12+ hours from Note 4!
I think it will be the most powerful combo.

Feb 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #71 of 119
The 6000mah battery is a cool thing. I should have done that much earlier, while using the SGS3 normally as a phone.

Maaan I am still waiting for the adapters...

Does anyone here have some experience with the Xduoo XD-01 /02 /03?

May 2, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #72 of 119
As i understand it, the phone itself is about as big as dx100, but considering that you also need a portable DAC, what option would stack the best? and what about an amp?..

I am carrying at the moment a fiio x5 + fiio e12a. this solution would stil need e12a as an amp, and a DAC. in the final, if you fiind a good external DAC, it can be worth, but without, you still do need to carry a 3 piece stack...

I think that a good DAC + AMP solutions can solve this issue.

May 2, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #73 of 119
As i understand it, the phone itself is about as big as dx100, but considering that you also need a portable DAC, what option would stack the best? and what about an amp?..

I am carrying at the moment a fiio x5 + fiio e12a. this solution would stil need e12a as an amp, and a DAC. in the final, if you fiind a good external DAC, it can be worth, but without, you still do need to carry a 3 piece stack...

I think that a good DAC + AMP solutions can solve this issue.

Use Geek Out V2 for your modified phone. they last many days and sound amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back