The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of Note 4, 32bit 382kHz / DSD, Wi-fi support!
Jan 30, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #46 of 119
That's good, I realised I hadn't mentioned that on this thread (or at least not that I recall). I think all the if mine work anyway.

Not sure what the Lexar cost, but the 256gb PNY SD card I have is really good buying at ~$100USD.

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #47 of 119
That's good, I realised I hadn't mentioned that on this thread (or at least not that I recall). I think all the if mine work anyway.

Not sure what the Lexar cost, but the 256gb PNY SD card I have is really good buying at ~$100USD.

True, but with all the forwarding costs and waiting. I may add it later. There is something, I will buy along with the PNY.... A new cable for my dearest headphones, the Sennheiser IE8. Also the AT501CS plug.

What are you using for a DAC at the moment?

EDIT: Just saw it in your avatar. The pico :)

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #48 of 119
True, but with all the forwarding costs and waiting. I may add it later. There is something, I will buy along with the PNY.... A new cable for my dearest headphones, the Sennheiser IE8. Als the AT501CS plug.

What are you using for a DAC at the moment?

Mostly the Dragonfly 1.2, the form factor is just too perfect for mobile use, it's really like an in-line DAC/amp - I can actually walk around with it in my pocket without resorting to tapes/bands etc. I have others in the portable realm (Pico, Apex Glacier, Fulla), but for truly mobile use I grab the DF most often. I don't demand/require quite the same SQ on the go as I do in my desktop rig (Vega--> Taurus MKII--> HE-6, soon to be Vega--> Ragnarok --> HE-6, or possibly HE-1000, who knows?!).

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #49 of 119
Mostly the Dragonfly 1.2, the form factor is just too perfect for mobile use, it's really like an in-line DAC/amp - I can actually walk around with it in my pocket without resorting to tapes/bands etc. I have others in the portable realm (Pico, Apex Glacier, Fulla), but for truly mobile use I grab the DF most often. I don't demand/require quite the same SQ on the go as I do in my desktop rig (Vega--> Taurus MKII--> HE-6, soon to be Vega--> Ragnarok --> HE-6, or possibly HE-1000, who knows?!).

Thats great. I can imagine that is perfectly good for walking. I do not think that my intended stack will fit in my pocket. I will use it around the house and maybe for a train trip. Maybe one day I will be allowed to listen while working. At the moment its a nogo in my position.

Wow, the HE-1000. I am sure they slowly reach for the Orpheus(throne of headphones)

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #50 of 119

I'm interested in Dragonfly 1.2 as well. How does it sound compared to DX100 or Geek Out?
It supports max 24bit 96kHz though. I have lots of DSD files.
Can it automatically down sample DSD or 192kHz files?

Guys, wait for Calyx F (DXD, DSD256). Calyx F is coming in two months. It has the same sound quality of Calyx M or better. As many people have mentioned that Calyx M has the same sound quality as AK240 or just slightly worse, I'm very interested in using Calyx F with a modded Note 4.

Centrance will release a new DAC for Android too.

I have my Note 4 here. It truly turns on any DAC through USB. Its USB power is much higher than that of other phones. My D55 and Geek Out can run on Note 4 without UAPP. I think Note 4 has internal USB audio driver.
Note 4 is the key for portable DACs.
My 10,000 mAh battery case will arrive here in few days.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #51 of 119
I'm interested in Dragonfly 1.2 as well. How does it sound compared to DX100 or Geek Out?
It supports max 24bit 96kHz though. I have lots of DSD files.
Can it automatically down sample DSD or 192kHz files?

Guys, wait for Calyx F (DXD, DSD256) DAC is coming in two months. It has the same sound quality of Calyx F or better. As many people have mentioned that Calyx M has the same sound quality as AK240 or just slightly worse, I'm very interested in using Calyx F with a modded Note 4.

Centrance will release a new DAC for Android too.

I have my Note 4 here. It truly turns on any DAC through USB. Its USB power is much higher than that of other phones.
Note 4 is the key for portable DACs.
My 10,000 mAh battery case will arrive here in few days.

Soon I can add experience with the idsd micro and also i am thinking about trying one of the xduoo dacs.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #52 of 119
Soon I can add experience with the idsd micro and also i am thinking about trying one of the xduoo dacs.

Nice.
IDSD Micro is pretty big. Remember that. It doesn't fit into a pocket.

Wait for Calyx F, Oppo HA-2, new Centrance Android DAC, etc.
A battery-powered Geek Out, Geek Stream, is coming soon too.
Geek Stream is going to be more compatible with smartphones than Geek Out.

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #53 of 119
Nice.
IDSD Micro is pretty big. Remember that. It doesn't fit into a pocket.

Wait for Calyx F, Oppo HA-2, new Centrance Android DAC, etc.
A battery-powered Geek Out, Geek Stream, is coming soon too.
Geek Stream is going to be more compatible with smartphones than Geek Out.

The Oppo looks so "high class". We really have so many choices.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #55 of 119
The Oppo looks so "high class". We really have so many choices.

It really does, and as you say increasingly spoiled for choice.

It's 299 dollars or less.

Sharp price.

The Geek Stream sounds interesting. Will have to keep my eyes on the lookout for news of that too.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #56 of 119
It really does, and as you say increasingly spoiled for choice.
Sharp price.

The Geek Stream sounds interesting. Will have to keep my eyes on the lookout for news of that too.

According to a beta tester of Oppo HA-2, it sounds close to Geek Out.

All of the units I have mentioned can be used with a modded phone with extended battery.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #57 of 119
A good news for you guys:

An updated HibyMusic 2.0 with new interface and features is coming within the next two weeks!
According to them, DSD256 and multi channel PCM (5.1, 7.1, etc) will be supported soon.

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #59 of 119

I ordered two, because I suspected so (believe it or not). They are around 6$ each.

There are such adapters in the EU too. Its crazy, they sell to from 26€ (add shipping) up to 80 €.

Try to search the "Delock 61680 Trans Flash SD auf microSD Speicherkarte Adapter" on Amazon.at this was the only one I found for DACH region.

True, but with all the forwarding costs and waiting. I may add it later. There is something, I will buy along with the PNY.... A new cable for my dearest headphones, the Sennheiser IE8. Also the AT501CS plug.

Take Kingston Ultimate SDXC 256GB  or Transcend R95 SDXC 256GB @ Amazon.at both for 170/180 Euros incl. shipping.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #60 of 119
Try to search the "Delock 61680 Trans Flash SD auf microSD Speicherkarte Adapter" on Amazon.at this was the only one I found for DACH region.

Take Kingston Ultimate SDXC 256GB  or Transcend R95 SDXC 256GB @ Amazon.at both for 170/180 Euros incl. shipping.

Pretty expensive compared to the PNY card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back