The ultimate DAP! 512GB storage, 10,000mAh battery, features of Note 4, 32bit 382kHz / DSD, Wi-fi support!
Aug 8, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #91 of 119

It might be better than the majority sure (there are SO many low-end and mid-range DAPS out there so they make up the "majority") but whether the PHA-3 is better than the AK240 is conjecture and opinion and seemingly you've never heard either so is essentially just hyperbole from you. And you say the PHA-3 is a step up from the Geekout, and that the Geekout sounds (note we're talking about sound only here) better than the AK240 in which case surely you're stating the PHA-3 is THE best source around?

And yet you've never heard them to compare.

The project is nice and worthwhile but I don't get why you insist on all this hype based on nothing. Just stick to your own personal experiences - there's no need to big up the project just to get people to like you or whatever...

Well, Sony PHA-3's balanced out is known to be better than AK240. 
I doubt if it doesn't. AK240 sounds similar to iBasso R10 which I've used for six months. 

PHA-3's balanced outputs are the best source around according to testimonies from numerous head-fiers...
There's no hyperbole here. They're all came from reviews. 
The real hyperbole is price of the DAPs today....

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #92 of 119
Whilst there are also many testimonies out there which say the opposite!

Therefore "known" is completely the wrong word.  Some people think one thing, other people think another etc etc.. Why you choose one person's opinion over another opposite opinion seems random to me!

The only way for YOU to know for yourself and make those assertions as your own opinion is to try them out yourself. Otherwise it's just a pointless subjective argument of "he said, she said" .

Aug 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #93 of 119
  Whilst there are also many testimonies out there which say the opposite!

Therefore "known" is completely the wrong word.  Some people think one thing, other people think another etc etc.. Why you choose one person's opinion over another opposite opinion seems random to me!

The only way for YOU to know for yourself and make those assertions as your own opinion is to try them out yourself. Otherwise it's just a pointless subjective argument of "he said, she said" .

go to Amazon and check the reviews...
Nearly everyone told me that PHA-3's balanced output is the most powerful they have heard so far. They said it's better than R10, Geek Out, and perhaps the closest to a deaktop DAC.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PHA3-PHA-3-Headphone-Black/dp/B00OH82RXO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439084294&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+pha-3#customerReviews

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PHA-3-Headphone-High-Resolution-Audio/dp/B00RC8LA1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439084294&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+pha-3#customerReviews

If you don't like it, spend $2,400 on AK240.

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #94 of 119

No. remember... if HP guys can make a great laptop for only $299 MSRP, device like HM901 would cost only $100 at Chinese factory. 
A piece of plastic and circuit boards aren't that expensive at all. They're like under a dollar. It's true that it costs some money to design and plan but actual material costs aren't as expensive as $999 unless they use 24k gold. 
It's like monopoly. There's no regulation and big competitors such as Apple or Samsung in this DAP industry, so they charge whatever they want. 

If you really want to get the best quality out of this setup, try Sony PHA-3 with balanced out. 
HibyMusic android app supports Sony PHA-3. Sony PHA-3 has two internal clocks and its balanced output is known to be much better-sounding than the majority of DAPs.

What part of economies of scale did you not understand?

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #96 of 119

go to Amazon and check the reviews...
Nearly everyone told me that PHA-3's balanced output is the most powerful they have heard so far. They said it's better than R10, Geek Out, and perhaps the closest to a deaktop DAC.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PHA3-PHA-3-Headphone-Black/dp/B00OH82RXO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439084294&sr=8-2&keywords=sony+pha-3#customerReviews

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PHA-3-Headphone-High-Resolution-Audio/dp/B00RC8LA1Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439084294&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+pha-3#customerReviews

If you don't like it, spend $2,400 on AK240.

I was happy to spend $600 on a used AK120 or one could spend $900 on a Questyle QP1r which will have similar power to the Sony. USB DAC and High Power doesn't do a thing for me and my IEMs. I only care how it sounds. I'd rather spend a bit more on something that's right for me than that much on something like that. I have owned a much stronger LPG and can use a Hugo that should smoke the Sony. I'd rather listen to a great player straight out or use a SPdif interface but no USB sound card drive for me thank you.

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #97 of 119
  Buy an AK240.

Buy a clue rudeboy. I'd at least be certain to listen before determining its goodness.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RU9BFMZRXMPWG/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00OH82RXO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R241W3F2DSCASS/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00OH82RXO

I don't take these or your links as anything but consideration until it's heard but nothing is as fanboy as you make it.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #99 of 119
Deleted

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #100 of 119
I'm curious, is the Note 4 still the most viable phone for this route? I'm not aware of any other phone with a battery case that large, and the SD card bit really has caught my interest. Would also make for a great portable movie setup.

Mar 6, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #101 of 119
Well, I own the Note 5, but since it doesn't have a SD card. I just order me a Note 4 and the battery pack. I also got a 200gig micro sd card,

I will used this and see how, this works with my mojo, and also will used it to load some movies.

So my plan is to used it with my Chord Mojo.

load my music and movies to the SD card or been able to switch between the cards.

I can also used it with my Bluetooth head phones for regular movie watching when I'm in the airplane or with my IEMs.

I was going to buy me a AK player, but this will be way better for me since, I can load games, apps browse the internet with Wi-Fi, etc.

Thanks for the ideas.

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #102 of 119
Ok, I just build my tank setup, it's big lol, I'm pairing it with my chord mojo, sound It's amazing, with any of my head phones or IEM'S, I will have to look for a box or something,
I'm using the 200gig micro sd, no problems with the card.

I loaded all my music, flac, movies etc.

Way cheaper than an AK dap, with more versitality.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #105 of 119
Yeah I used it this weekend. I have just had it a few days but so far so good. Ill let you know. I know Sandisk makes 200gb but Samsung makes 256 I heard so there is generic out there. 512 I heard is not out but you know the china people they make everything first. LOl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back