The Thraaaaash Metalllllllll Thread! (thrash metal)
Dec 4, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #92 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to Messiah Hymn to Abramelin (1986). Trust me, if you don't own this album, get it. Now. It's brilliant.

Cool, "Extreme Cold Weather" is damn good
o2smile.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #94 of 159
Anyone here have the Death Angel boxset, "Archives and Arifacts"? I've been looking to buy it to complete my DA collection, but i'm a bit hesitant because of the widespread issue with the first pressing, of tracklisting errors on the first disc (the 1985 kill as one demos are not on disc 1, or anywhere else!).

The second pressing supposedly corrects this error, but how can I tell if the product is the first or second pressing? Perhaps there's a number sequence on the barcode that differentiates them? I'm getting this sealed from a local ebay seller, and he can't open it to preserve the integrity of the product.

I tried emailing rykodisc (the label responsible for this debacle), but no reply from them.

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #95 of 159
It's been a while, but you guys will love this. If you haven't heard the band Papsmear before, they were an 80's thrash band from Las Vegas. ****ing epic thrash metal - on par with anything I've heard (including Morbid Saint, Dark Angel, Vio-Lence, etc). Anyway, to make a long story short, it's nigh impossible to find any CD's or even downloads on the internet. It turns out that Marco Barbieri, who stepped down as President of Century Media last year, started a label called M-Theory and they have just re-mastered and re-issued a CD/DVD compilation of Papsmear's work called "Music to Kill By". It is ****ing fantastic, and you can order from the MySpace page linked to above, as well as listen to a few classic Papsmear songs, like "Die Killing". As if this news is not fantastic enough, I have heard that M-Theory is also going to be re-issuing the compilation "Product of a Sick Mind" by The Horde of Torment, whom I probably mentioned before in this thread - another ultra-classic relatively unknown Bay Area thrash band. I've e-mailed Marco to get the details on that one. Check 'em both out!!!

Dec 20, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #96 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to Messiah Hymn to Abramelin (1986). Trust me, if you don't own this album, get it. Now. It's brilliant.

I agree with you and Jpak.............
purchased Messiah extreme cold weather MP3 album at Amazon with 20 tracks that duplicates several tracks from abramelin album you mention, very good classic thrash!

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #97 of 159
I love me some good thrash every now and then.

I'm quite surprised that Torture Squad hasn't gotten any mention in this thread. Pandemonium, the album I've got on right now, is my favorite by them. And by god, if this isn't the best thrash to have ever come out of Brazil (I'm looking right at you Sepultura, this buries Beneath the Remains).

Really, if you guys haven't heard Torture Squad check them out. The best modern thrash band I've heard.

Now, to go through this thread and check out all the new names...

Dec 31, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #98 of 159
Torture Squad is pretty good. Their latest album is great! I've known these guys for quite some time, and they improved in every single release.

Jan 2, 2009 at 1:22 AM Post #103 of 159
Deicide- Once Upon The Cross (1994), heavy and brutal death/thrash/black metal.

The Hoffman (Eric and Brian) brothers are just devastating on guitars and Steve Asheim on drums and Glen Benton (Satan himself) on bass make up the most brutal combination of heavy bass and double or even 4x-bass drums and double-time snare.

My favorite track on it is "When Satan Rules His World"

This is me when I crank up Deicide (or some other heavy thrash for that matter) on my NW-HD5:
L3000.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #105 of 159
I think Fido2 is stoned =D

Also, I wanna say thanks to the OP and everyone that contributed to this thread. Found out about some bands I never heard of and I'm currently trying to track down the Demolition Hammer album (Epidemic of Violence) without much luck.. but, I like a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back