The Thraaaaash Metalllllllll Thread! (thrash metal)
Jan 27, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #136 of 159
Heathen.............that is pretty good stuff, I think EZ mentioned them earlier in this thread because I also got that album for free from thier website!
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #137 of 159
Now listening to this band Dover Trench home

their album "Exhibition of speed" is free: some direct, in-your-face thrash...i love that "homemade" feeling the dirty production conveys, so damn oldschool sounding

Feb 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #138 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
51e-2fAnEHL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos
Anyone have the new CD yet?

Previous album Enemy of God was one of thier very best albums......and that is huge compliment considering the quality and quantity of work by Kreator
I will eventually get this but just looking for any impressions...........

New Kreator? Wow, that is cool. Will have to keep an ear out.

Been OD'ing on Individual Thought Patterns and Scream Bloody Gore lately... going to fill out my Death discography. Brilliant stuff.

Also found Necrophagist through these boards. These guys and Psycroptic are very cool.

Feb 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #139 of 159
My most recent haul:

FASTKILL Infernal Thrashing Holocaust
FASTKILL Nuclear Thrashing Attack
WHIPLASH Messages In Blood - The Early Years
WHIPLASH Power And Pain/ Ticket To Mayhem
DEATHROW Raging Steel
DEATHROW Satan's Gift (Riders Of Doom)
TRENCH HELL Southern Cross Ripper
Blizzard - Pure Filth & Mayhem

\m/

Feb 14, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #140 of 159
was really not a fan of Heathen's vocals from their cd Breaking the Silence the riffing was cool and the tone was straight off Ride the Lightning (which I love). but yeah those vocals...

Feb 14, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #141 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by PWilson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Been OD'ing on Individual Thought Patterns and Scream Bloody Gore lately... going to fill out my Death discography. Brilliant stuff.

There are no weak Death albums, right from debut to final album Sound of Perseverance they are great.......if there is any weakness it is that vocals did not have the diversity and extreme range that some of the best have, still hard to argue with the consistent great results over many albums

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #142 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are no weak Death albums, right from debut to final album Sound of Perseverance they are great.......if there is any weakness it is that vocals did not have the diversity and extreme range that some of the best have, still hard to argue with the consistent great results over many albums

I was slowly picking up albums at the one store that sells Death here. I went back last week for Human, and found some cheeky sod had picked up everything I wanted there, and left me ITP (which I have) and a best of (which I have no use for). Most displeasing. :/

I agree that the vocals are overall a little weak, but then I find death vocals a bit hit and miss anyway. I'm at least glad it was in the style its in, rather than brutal grunting. Chuck has far too much to say for it to be wasted in illegibility
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #145 of 159
My recent favorites are Legion of the damned and deatchain. Both death/thrash anyways. Heard someone tittle Legion of the damned as "Slayer of the Europe".

Jun 24, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #146 of 159
Different topic on the subject of thrash metal...

I'm realizing now, after a few months in this game, that thrash metal and headphones really don't like each other... well any kind of metal that makes you wanna headbang but thrash excels at that

You can't headbang with headphones and you can't stay seated for thrash metal. Well you can, but its not as fun. It feels, constrained. Restricted.

Only thing that truly works for me is speakers for that. And for that, the essence stx into a pair of A5's is a sweet combo.

But now I'm thinking, IEM's are probably the only kind of 'head'phone that'll work for thrash. Especially custom ones that stay in there nice and tight. Likewise, with IEM's, they're portable so you got your little belt combo with a player+amp(but not req'd) and you can move, air guitar as you please, jump, headbang and umm.. thrash \m/

So in summary.. thrash and headphones don't mix too well.. whether its because you're seated (desktop dac+amp) or because you can't headbang (headphones move, fall off).. but portable dap's/combos and iems work quite well
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #148 of 159
Though this has nothing to do with Thrash music and more like gaming, I just bought Guitar Hero Metallica for Wii to ease my pain of waiting HF2.

Now, I have always thought of Guitar Hero games as useless gimmick, until I tried one myself couple of weeks ago (GHIII more accurately) and found out that it was incredibly fun. It just suffered from weak playlist (for my tastes) other than Metallica One and Slayer Raining Blood, perhaps Muse - Knights Of Cydonia for its kickass tremolo part (great fun trying to hit all marks in the tremolo solo on Extreme difficulty) and perhaps few others.

Now the Metallica version is like gods gift, majority of the songs are pure Thrash gold and quality. Best version of GH up to date by far. I'll probaply get the drum kit with double pedals too someday, my pops (old drummer) will definetly get excited from it too then. I hope they make extreme metal version someday too, but I dont see that coming as I think it wouldnt sell too well...

Jun 26, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #150 of 159
I guess these guys fall into the thrash revival area of things, from my area: Deathammer

supposedly they're recording a real album soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back