The Thraaaaash Metalllllllll Thread! (thrash metal)
Jun 26, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #151 of 159
Although briefly listed in ezkcdude post I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Celtic Frost.

Morbid Tales, Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion

By the way there are some great albums in ezkcdude's post. Great , great stuff.

One of the very first shows I went to was Celtic Frost with Voi Vod with local band Death Tripper in San Antonio TX.

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #153 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by lrsu.ranger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although briefly listed in ezkcdude post I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Celtic Frost.

Morbid Tales, Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion

By the way there are some great albums in ezkcdude's post. Great , great stuff.

One of the very first shows I went to was Celtic Frost with Voi Vod with local band Death Tripper in San Antonio TX.

AGREED! Don't forget "Into the Pandemonium"

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #154 of 159
Don't know if it has been already mentioned, but Heathen are relasing a new album shortly as reported on their website

The Official HEATHEN Website!

I found it out as i'm listening to Breaking the Silence right now
biggrin.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #156 of 159
<A bit of offtopic>
Has anyone ever tried to describe thrash metal to anyone who knows basic heavy metal?
</offtopic>

Aug 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #157 of 159
Not exactly, but basically Thrash is heavy metal with punk influence. Faster, more straightforward and emotion driven, and its trademark is the fast machinegun riffing. Cant think of anything else other than listening it yourself.

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #158 of 159
reminds me of something I read on the inside cover of Miles Davis's "Bitches Brew" LP:
"...Miles Davis says of this music I don't know what it is, what is it? They make this music like they make those poems and those pictures and the rest because if they do not they cannot sleep nor rest nor, really, live at all. This is how they live, the true ones, by making the art which is creation."

Some don't like this music and say it's not music etc...well screw them. The good thrash like with any genre or sub genre or wtfe is true to and from the artist...it comes from the heart...it has to be released. Therefore like it or not, it IS music and cannot be totally described but must be experienced...just my .02 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back