The Thraaaaash Metalllllllll Thread! (thrash metal)
Nov 28, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #76 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ezkcdude could you add "trash" (without the quotes) somewhere in the thread title? That way it comes up in the search when searching for thread titles. I sometimes forget how many a's to add when searching
biggrin.gif

Done (assuming you meant to say "thrash" not "trash").
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #78 of 159
I've just bought Annihilator - Never, Neverland. I had forgotten how good it was...
evil_smiley.gif
I've gotta listen to Alice in Hell again as well.

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #79 of 159
I just went to the album launch of "Power, Corruption and Lies" by End Of Man last night, an awesome thrash metal band from my country. They have their EP available for free download on their website, check it out!

If you like Belladonna-era Anthrax or Forbidden, they will get your head banging.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #80 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewsvt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just bought Annihilator - Never, Neverland. I had forgotten how good it was...
evil_smiley.gif
I've gotta listen to Alice in Hell again as well.

Another band with a huge catalog of work, looks like 12-13 studio albums.
Problem is they got a late start with debut in 1989 so most of thier work missed the metal boom of the 1980's and was out of favor during thier many years of peak production. I have 4-5 albums by them including the one you mention

Basically a one man band with Jeff Waters assembling various musicians over the years when it is time for another album

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #82 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Annihilator only had 2 good albums.

Well, I agree with that... but I don't know if we have the same opinion about which albums are good.
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #84 of 159
With a few exceptions here and there, it's almost always the case that metal bands' first few albums are the best, and the quality either dramatically or steadily falls off from there.

Dec 1, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #85 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alice in Hell, and Never never land

So we have the same opinion.

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #86 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With a few exceptions here and there, it's almost always the case that metal bands' first few albums are the best, and the quality either dramatically or steadily falls off from there.

90% of the time I will agree with that observation........one noteable exception for me being Death

They end thier 11 year run with 3 of the greatest death metal albums ever made, they just seemed to get better and better:
-individual thought patterns
-symbolic
-sound of perseverance (final album was thier best, this is how legends are made)

Dec 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #87 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thats called "maturing"... As much as it sucks quality of music almost always drop when bands start to "mature" and start to "refine" their sound...

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #88 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats called "maturing"... As much as it sucks quality of music almost always drop when bands start to "mature" and start to "refine" their sound...

that's surely true in some cases, but IMO there is also the role of the "music industry" to be considered... i mean...while the first albums might be true expression of a band's musical ideas...there will eventually be a moment when music stops being "art" and becomes a job, there's when it starts the decrease in quality....

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #89 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's surely true in some cases, but IMO there is also the role of the "music industry" to be considered... i mean...while the first albums might be true expression of a band's musical ideas...there will eventually be a moment when music stops being "art" and becomes a job, there's when it starts the decrease in quality....

That too is part of the "maturing process". Making music looses its passion and it becomes a job, like you said.

Dec 2, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #90 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But just think! They are winning over "legions of new fans" with their "bold new sound".

:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back